Welcome!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Netdemon01
Team: Privateer

Post by Netdemon01 »

It really does just take a lot of practice and patience. I started out playing at stability 100. In two or three days I am down to using 40 and having a blast. I don't quite understand your clutch/gear question though. The game allows you to have full manual gears and clutch.

Donppa wrote:I've been playing this game for some time now. I can't figure out how could I manage with the sim physics... It's just impossible for me, I'm on the ground half the time unless I use huge stability - slow turning, lame. :(

Also the clutch... Damn. Whats the point of the manual clutch when it "auto clutches" at around 6krpm? Me wants to have full manual gears and clutches and stuff
Donppa

Post by Donppa »

Netdemon01 wrote:I don't quite understand your clutch/gear question though. The game allows you to have full manual gears and clutch.
My point was, when I put first gear in and open throttle, even without touching the clucth my self, the revs are stable at ~6krpm. Maybe I just dont understand whats going on, but I think the game "helps" you get moving by slipping the clutch.. It would be nice to be able to have full control on the clutch, at least in my opinion.

For me MX Simulator could be a "replacement" for real life riding and messing around on bike when the weather sucks too much.

E: Obviously there has to be some kind of automatic clutch engagement to keep the engine running..
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

Oh ok I see what you mean. It does seem to stick at around 6k RPM for a second before increasing. That is kind of odd and I'm not sure what the game is trying to achieve with that. I didn't notice it before because I usually feather the clutch to keep the RPMs high.

Since the game allows the rear wheel to lock up, it's apparent that the game automatically pulls the clutch in for us to prevent stalling. So when we accelerate from a low RPM it seems the clutch is let out partially, and then fully let out at around that 6k number, causing the engine to bog and remain steady at 6k for a moment before the engine continues to rev up. That is the only understanding I can make out of it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The clutch acts like a centrifugal clutch between 5000 and 7000. I used to have it set really low, but I was trying to be nice to the newbies. If it's important I could make the engagement RPMs adjustable.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

please do :)
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
matias

Re:

Post by matias »

jlv wrote:The clutch acts like a centrifugal clutch between 5000 and 7000. I used to have it set really low, but I was trying to be nice to the newbies. If it's important I could make the engagement RPMs adjustable.
please do it , or better include the 450 an 250 , and forget about the clutch.

jlv, when u think we are going to have a multiplayer beta release?.
other thing to be cool its the track Wear. coz , i run 20 laps, and the track keep staying in the same conditions when i start.
the game are using which version of direct X. any chance to use directx 9?.
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.
jlv
Site Admin

Re: Welcome!

Post by jlv »

No idea on the multiplayer. I haven't even started on it yet and I expect it to be a lot of work.

Track wear is already in there, but it is disabled by default because it slows the game down too much. To enable it you have to add "--erode 1.0" to the command line options. You can tune the wear speed by using a lower number for the erode option (1.0 is the maximum).
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

hmm wow whats this do? is it physical change in the terrain or just the feel of it?
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It physically lowers the ground where the bike throws the dirt from and raises it where the dirt lands.
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

:shock: Dang I must try this out now. Changing track conditions just adds to the realism of this great sim :)

Heh, it definitely slows down my computer. It was still playable but a little jerky. That's a cool feature and good to know you've already coded something like this.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
HolstadMX

Post by HolstadMX »

jlv wrote:
Track wear is already in there, but it is disabled by default because it slows the game down too much. To enable it you have to add "--erode 1.0" to the command line options. You can tune the wear speed by using a lower number for the erode option (1.0 is the maximum).
where it that at?
HolstadMX

Post by HolstadMX »

how do i do it?
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

WOW really works :shock: ... :D :D :D ahahhaha
Good job JLV :P

The dirt deformation is awesome , i put it on max and when i hit(ed) a bale i did full trottle and did a big hole in the dirt :lol:
This is realy cool , well the fps are more low but i was racing now with 11 riders and it was very fun and real .

to add deformation on the dirt put this on your shortcut :
"C:\Program files\MX Simulator\mx.exe" --erode 1.0

^^^^ change this if u have your mxsim instaled on other folder and change the erode 1.0 to 0.5 if u want less erode.

Image Image

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8166 ... on1aj0.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/448/ ... on2ob9.jpg

btw the new rear supension thing is very good too , works fine now , act like a real suspension and the clutch setting is good also :D

Can we vote again on the page mxatv unt vs MxSimulator ? , i did my vote but after this i want vote again and i want vote on the same game again :D
http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... p?f=1&t=43

Now talking seriously , hope you have multiplayer on you list even if is with small number of players (if is with big number of players better) , after that you can work more time on put more players on the multiplayer races , i think this will do a big jump on the game even if is with small number of online players , but i dont know nothing about this things so i will just stfup now :mrgreen:

edit:
path fixed
Last edited by VRT_JPRLisbon_ on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
HolstadMX

Post by HolstadMX »

VRT_JPRLisbon_ wrote:WOW really works :shock: ... :D :D :D ahahhaha
Good job JLV :P

to add deformation on the dirt put this on your shortcut :
"C:\Program files\MX Simulator\mx erosion.exe" --erode 1.0

^^^^ change this if u have your mxsim instaled on other folder and change the erode 1.0 to 0.5 if u want less erode.

:
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

when you will implement the leaning back and foward?

thanks
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...