Supercross wrapup / Nationals plans

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Re: Supercross wrapup / Nationals plans

Post by JB323 »

JohnnyMac wrote::shock: I just dont see how 40 riders is even possible, both from a hardware perspective and a racing perspective. Considering a 5 player race online even on stock tracks, 3 will end up crashing at start. 20 man pile up first turn inevitable every race. From a hardware perspective, some drastic settings would have to be set, maybe even removing skins from folder just to get smooth fps even with my new laptop. :(

like he says hes trying to fix some stuff to help out as much as he can with people, but it comes down to USER END. Upgrade and fix your computer if you want to be able to do stuff, but do it just to update it for other things NOT just MX SIM.

Jlv think we could get the 02 server up on a outdoor track asap or something just so we all have something to play together on ? seems like it stays populated when you host a track during the week, usually always have 5-10 people on practicing.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

ok, this is what i think the tracks should be:

The top 10-15 MX tracks on Pure MXS. 8) :wink:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Looks like we will be racing on an FMX track, and an EnduroX track :lol:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

No it should not, because some people think some tracks are great when they were made in 2 hours it looks like. When people learn how to rate tracks then we can go by that.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

DJ wrote:Looks like we will be racing on an FMX track, and an EnduroX track :lol:
No you were incorrect sir, i said MX tracks. But that was pretty good. :lol:
And ya maybe people dont know how to rate. My bad idea. :roll:
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

I have an idea to test out my laptops performance. I want to try playing/racing a demo file with as many riders put together. It wont test bandwidth, but thats up in the air atm. Can anyone point me to a race demo with largest turn out of players?
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

JohnnyMac wrote:I have an idea to test out my laptops performance. I want to try playing/racing a demo file with as many riders put together. It wont test bandwidth, but thats up in the air atm. Can anyone point me to a race demo with largest turn out of players?

unless you have a expensive laptop its gunna suck, and i believe it wont really test anything for you since its a demo and not sending/receiving data.

let me put it in this perspective, you dont bring your 1995 yz125 to race against 2010 yz450fs and expect to do good.

We need a event coordinator ASAP

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
russ190

Post by russ190 »

mxer323 wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:I have an idea to test out my laptops performance. I want to try playing/racing a demo file with as many riders put together. It wont test bandwidth, but thats up in the air atm. Can anyone point me to a race demo with largest turn out of players?

unless you have a expensive laptop its gunna suck, and i believe it wont really test anything for you since its a demo and not sending/receiving data.

let me put it in this perspective, you dont bring your 1995 yz125 to race against 2010 yz450fs and expect to do good.

We need a event coordinator ASAP
That cant be used as the same context here. Some people rip on 125's and thats all they can afford. Just cause you have a brand new bike doesnt mean your fast. Hence this past weekend i raced at a LLQ and got beat by a 125 in the 250 class while i was on my 09. Kid was HAULING.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I wonder if Bubba could still win the 125/250f class on a 125.

If you can run a 40 rider demo on your laptop you will probably be good. Demo playback is actually fairly similar to online.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

what abut the bots?? i´m not close to run a 39 bots single-player game :roll:
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Bots use much more CPU than a demo or online player.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

ok, great! :wink:
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

for now....possum creek 02 server???
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

i say this should be one of the tracks
http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=4&t=4789
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

mxer323 wrote:unless you have a expensive laptop its gunna suck, and i believe it wont really test anything for you since its a demo and not sending/receiving data. let me put it in this perspective, you dont bring your 1995 yz125 to race against 2010 yz450fs and expect to do good.
lol :roll: oh boy.... Sending/receiving data over a cable has nothing to do with what sort of performance my cpu and graphics card will do. Im looking to see wtf will happen with 40 riders with skins does to my laptop ok. And just for the record im top 20 in first place finishes using a 2005 dell business desktop that didnt even come with a gosh damn agp port. So, in fact Ive been bringing a 1995 125 to a 2010 450 race so put that into your 'perspective' pipe and smoke it. 8)
jlv wrote:If you can run a 40 rider demo on your laptop you will probably be good. Demo playback is actually fairly similar to online.