2010-06-02 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
blaster99

Re: 2010-06-02 snapshot

Post by blaster99 »

Anyone know why my rider doesn't fall off? The snapshot is correctly done, and stop wheelies works now, but when I crash, same old thing. Also, when I was testing it out I crashed a few times, and never cut the track. At the end of the race I was penalized 50 seconds. Any Ideas?
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

HAHAHA!!! this is so AWESOME!!
screenshot016.png
(575.73 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
but i have some thing i want to say, it wood be so cool if when you over jump some thing BIG TIME or hit some thing and stop in 1 sec the rider would fall off. thx for this jlv this will make the 3rd test race so more AWESOME!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

DJ_Diehl#777 wrote:I literally could not stop smiling the whole time i was testing this!

Garrasaki brings up valid points, and i have to ask, why not have the rider completely detach then just respawn on the bike after a specified time?

Because he wants a realistic way for the rider to get back onto the bike.

As the legs are going through the bike, I don't think the realism aspect of it should be a problem
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I'd like to make clear that, regarding the time to get back on the bike, I was only refering to washout/laydown type crashes. I like the longer time to get on the bike for "big impact" crashes. That seems pretty realistic. In real life, 95% of my crashes involve a layover, washout, whatever, where I can keep the bike running, lift it up, throw a leg over and be off.

The ones where I see stars - I act very much like the MXS rider does :lol:

Perhaps the time to get on the bike can somehow be correlated to the force of the impact?
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I agree. Well, you agree with me
DJ wrote:I think the blackout time needs to be minimised, or scaled for the size of the crash.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Yes, the blackout timer definitely needs to be scaled with the force of impact and should start as soon as the hit's happened, not when the rider gets back into the bike. Otherwise, awesome update!!
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Tyler 258
Team: Privateer

Post by Tyler 258 »

WHATTTT?!! haha i had no clue this was here.
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

DJ wrote:I agree. Well, you agree with me
DJ wrote:I think the blackout time needs to be minimised, or scaled for the size of the crash.
I agree with them.
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

Congratulations Josh and anyone who worked on this, you have made the game a thousand times better and more realistic.
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

Garasaki wrote:I find this falling off the bike thing extremely annoying in washout crashes, where in real life the bike just lays over, then you pick it up and go. Now the MXS rider gets ejected from the bike, makes a big production of dragging himself back on, waits, then goes. What would be a 1 second recovery in real life takes 7 or 8 seconds or whatever in MXS - and with all the washout crashes I do, that gets annoying.
Concerns:
1) MAJORITY of my crashes are these silly washouts with this game. From my recollections in the suggestion threads, I thought this crash system was for the big crashes only, but Garasakis comments indicate otherwise (I have not tried it)?

2) Online and demo racing. I would hope JLV can control versions allowed online, otherwise this will get ugly. Is there any checks in place for demo racing with different versions? Otherwise, it would be all honor code for having this installed. :(
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

mace-x wrote:oooooh!
this rocks!
i would change the "if i touch the ground my feets fall off", and do it "if i have a hard hit my feets goes off", also collision with the bike, and as i said, do the rider fall as it´s riding, to give a little more realism, i liket it!!
congratulations, this is the start to an amazing update.
still thinking this, nobody thinks it?

the rider needs almost to be smashing the ground to let the bike go, it would be a lot more badass if the rider felt off the bike as he´s riding, with a big impact, or a too fast movement or side by side swap.
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

awesome snapshot, except for the fact that there's lots of people online who aint using this and it takes way to long before the rider gets up again in my opinion
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

i think the guy sud stand up when hes back on the bike he waits for like 2-3 sec in the ground :roll: i just dont think its a good idea making it a longer time to get up i think it took him long enough to get up and now this :mrgreen: if i where you(jlv) i would make him stand upp when hes back on the bike.
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

mace-x wrote:
this rocks!
i would change the "if i touch the ground my feets fall off", and do it "if i have a hard hit my feets goes off", also collision with the bike, and as i said, do the rider fall as it´s riding, to give a little more realism, i liket it!!

the rider needs almost to be smashing the ground to let the bike go, it would be a lot more badass if the rider felt off the bike as he´s riding, with a big impact, or a too fast movement or side by side swap.
Yeah I agree with you. The rider should fall off sometimes without the rider blacking out, for example in the situations mace mentioned. I don't know how hard is it for jlv to calculate the forces applied to the rider but I really hope it could be done.

Another thing I've thought of is a bail button. There's no real use for it but it sure would be fun to play around with :mrgreen:
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Vellu wrote:
mace-x wrote:
this rocks!

Yeah I agree with you. The rider should fall off sometimes without the rider blacking out, for example in the situations mace mentioned. I don't know how hard is it for jlv to calculate the forces applied to the rider but I really hope it could be done.

Another thing I've thought of is a bail button. There's no real use for it but it sure would be fun to play around with :mrgreen:

Not all falls result in blackout, I think only the ones where you hit your head have that happen. That said, I don't really like the blackout, I want to see the crash. That is part of the fun! Your rider is incapacitated anyway, why not let us enjoy the eye candy. At the very least have it only dim the screen just a little, but full on blackout is pretty annoying. I love the crash physics though, I am not upset by the weird bone twisting and legs going through the bike, maybe later, but not now.

About always falling off, I only fall off when the crashes are pretty hard. If I just washout a little and tip over, the fall happens like it always had before the update - no detachment.