Cpu Lag help

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Cpu Lag help

Post by SKERICK »

Hey guys sorry if there is already a heap of topics bout this problem but i had a quick look and couldn find it and im in a hurry.
I did the thundervalley race and i know my net connection is as good as i can get in australia and computer is decent enough.
Is there any tips on how to make the game run smoother in a situation like a 30 rider race?
Do i need to free up more cpu power. how do i set the game to high priorety? and if i do so can i still use the camera adjustment script aswell?
DJ99X

Re: Cpu Lag help

Post by DJ99X »

List some specs of your computer (CPU, graphics card mainly).

For smoothest results in the large races, your best bet is to remove any user made content (except the tracks and track related items). Its just a case where you will have to sacrifice looks for playability. If thats a problem, you might want to look at getting a new computer.
SKERICK

Post by SKERICK »

apreciate the reply, always worry im gonna get told off for making a new topic :)
unfortunatly i got gifted a dell Dimension 64 Athlon, nivida gforce 9400 (only has PCI express availale)
which files are the user created files in a track folder?
and if the track is only a one file .saf file how can i remove certain elements.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The easiest thing to do is taking everything from your personal folder, and placing it in a temporary folder on the desktop or something. Then just place the required track saf (or folder, whichever it came as) back into your personal folder. Once you have completed the race, just place everything back into the personal folder.

Don't worry, its a valid question. Many people should be using this method in order to get a better frame rate in these large races.
SKERICK

Post by SKERICK »

Sweet cheers bro! ill give it a wirl.
SKERICK

Post by SKERICK »

Cheers for that DJ certainly seems to do the trick i had over 7gb of tracks in my Personal Folder. i moved and deleted alot of which i dont play or are crap and the game already runs 100% smoother. Just so many tracks, very hard decision on which to get rid of.
SmellyTricycleSeat

Post by SmellyTricycleSeat »

my computer doesn't run mx sim like awesome either. i have the original mx simulator and mx simulator with the snapshot on my desktop. if i deleted the original, would it run better?