Rider Model Suggestions

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Re: Rider Model Suggestions

Post by mace-x »

DannyBoy wrote:how so? cuz i know how to set up my suspension/gearing
you´re still a cheater!

you´ve modified mxs engines! :shock:
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

oh yeah :P true true haha
Twitch
Team: Privateer

Post by Twitch »

_Factory'BR21_ wrote:I agree with Puma , i dont wanna see tricks on this game ! but... I dont know maybe simple tricks and made them really hard
About what Freerick said , yeap I hope that he make menus to we choose rider and bike. Someone know if is possible do that at this egine ( Menu 3d for choose rider and bike)
Would be cool if it have custom parts like , Guidon , Exhaust Pipe and this stuffs but i think that is not needed
Oh Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhh
MXS Online #239
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

You guys arnt making sense to me
You say you want this game to be realistic but you dont want the rider animations to have any effect on how the bike handles .....like the riders leg sticking out in corners
That doesnt make sense
when I stick my leg out going into turns I feel a hell of alot better about making the turn and I can go faster with it out than keeping it in
The way yoyur wanting it would be going towards the MVA way that doesnt have any effect
Either back up what you say or just say I want this game to siut me, screw making it real as possible
Which is the way most people want it
I really want to move on from MVA to this game but the handling has got to get better just because there is a handfull of people that are fast doesnt mean the handling is perfect it just means these people have addapted to how it is and they dont want it to change because theer good and noone else is so they feel superior to others
Every thing the rider does should effect the bike somehow either for the better or for the worst ....Thats realistic
Thgis would also help people figure out how the bike is going to handle
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I might try increasing the max speed you can dab at. The dabbing works a lot better now than it used to so it might be more useful at higher speeds. Right now it's feet up for everything above 15 feet/second (about 10 mph). I figure I could double that without being too unrealistic.

As far as making each limb have its own mass, it's computationally expensive. Each time you add a new joint the cost of solving the joint constraints goes up exponentially. It would be the best way to do freestyle tricks though, since you would actually be performing the trick rather than just watching an animation of it.

At this point I just want to free up the rider motion a bit and switch to bones for the rider model.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

and how long do you think this huge update will take you jlv?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's hard to say. I have the rider moving freely now, but it's too loose and hard to control. I'm trying to find the best way to lock down the motion that makes it not feel rubbery while still letting the rider move around.
yomo

Post by yomo »

jlv wrote:I might try increasing the max speed you can dab at. The dabbing works a lot better now than it used to so it might be more useful at higher speeds. Right now it's feet up for everything above 15 feet/second (about 10 mph). I figure I could double that without being too unrealistic.
Just dont make it MVA all over again :P
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Would it be too much for his feet to be able to come off the pegs? Say I'm in the air and I lean forward..IRL my feet are comin off the pegs a little bit. Or say I overjump something, not terribly long, but long, can we have the guy blow a leg off and then jerk the bike to that side, maybe you save it maybe you don't. That would be tits.

This would be the opportune time to add tear off's and an animation to match. :D
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

Motoboss wrote:You guys arnt making sense to me
You say you want this game to be realistic but you dont want the rider animations to have any effect on how the bike handles .....like the riders leg sticking out in corners
That doesnt make sense
when I stick my leg out going into turns I feel a hell of alot better about making the turn and I can go faster with it out than keeping it in
The way yoyur wanting it would be going towards the MVA way that doesnt have any effect
Either back up what you say or just say I want this game to siut me, screw making it real as possible
Which is the way most people want it
I really want to move on from MVA to this game but the handling has got to get better just because there is a handfull of people that are fast doesnt mean the handling is perfect it just means these people have addapted to how it is and they dont want it to change because theer good and noone else is so they feel superior to others
Every thing the rider does should effect the bike somehow either for the better or for the worst ....Thats realistic
Thgis would also help people figure out how the bike is going to handle
actually yes, we want changes of course, if anyone is faster it doesnt mean that he will be "the god", and the answer as i see is in your sig :lol:

i would love a new handling, a easyer one and a boned rider and a lot of things *cough* jlv dont forget about the rider leaning*cough*
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
DJD

Post by DJD »

I Dont Know about all that trick nonsense.......

But i would definatly like to see the rider stick his foot out in the corners.........

the game could also use a lean forward and lean back .....
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Last time I checked the Rider controlled the bike the bike doesnt controll the Rider
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA