2008-11-19 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Dustin434
Team: Privateer

Re: 2008-11-19 snapshot

Post by Dustin434 »

well you find 3rd person impossible just the same as we find 1st person impossible think a little guys

if you learned in 3rd then 1st seems weird if you learned in 1st then 3rd seems weird
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
gordy

Post by gordy »

im talking about from the very beginning, when i first played mxs, back in the pre-2 days, i found 1st person much easier
instupitious.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

i like 3rd person because i personally like the look of the bike while i'm jumping and turning
the reason 1st person is hard for me is because im not there actually riding the bike so i dont really have the judgement as i would like
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Hey motoboss, I got a question. Overall, are you satisfied with this? It seems that you have come the longest way from being anti sim to loving it. I would be curious to know your flat out opinion. Are you still a major mva fan our do you play this more now? Just wondering.[/quote
I do not agree with the statment that it is not a sim if you dont ride in 1st person "An Apple is an apple no matter how you look at it"

As for the question for me .....Yes MX Simulator is the main game that I play now Im almost positive that I will never make a track for MVA agian. Any intellingent person would relize that this is the future of MX Gaming even though it has its flaws The game is still in baby stages I cant imagine what this game is going to be like in a year if it progresses at the rate its going . jlv has done an out standing job in setting this game up and having a fan base to give him feedback ..... He actually listens to what people have to say
So I am here to stay " As if anyone cares ...lol"
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

I care, lol
Wonderful words motoboss ! I agree with everthing that you said
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, I care as well. You put great effort into making your tracks. I can't wait to see a track with the same effort put in as you did with 'Glen Helen'
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I updated the links in the first post. The third person camera should now be in about the same position as before.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!Thank You so much jlv :D
The veiw was the problem I was having with the physics Now they look great and I love the way the bike is handling
Great Job jlv You earned a vacation on this one ...lol
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

DJ wrote:Yeah, I care as well. You put great effort into making your tracks. I can't wait to see a track with the same effort put in as you did with 'Glen Helen'
do i sense a little sarcasm?? haha
WHOA THERE
INVADEtheLINE

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

Motoboss wrote:
Hey motoboss, I got a question. Overall, are you satisfied with this? It seems that you have come the longest way from being anti sim to loving it. I would be curious to know your flat out opinion. Are you still a major mva fan our do you play this more now? Just wondering.[/quote
I do not agree with the statement that it is not a sim if you don't ride in 1st person "An Apple is an apple no matter how you look at it"

As for the question for me .....Yes MX Simulator is the main game that I play now I'm almost positive that I will never make a track for MVA again. Any intelligent person would realize that this is the future of MX Gaming even though it has its flaws The game is still in baby stages I cant imagine what this game is going to be like in a year if it progresses at the rate its going . jlv has done an outstanding job in setting this game up and having a fan base to give him feedback ..... He actually listens to what people have to say
So I am here to stay " As if anyone cares ...lol"

To be honest, at first I wasn't that fond of you, man. You always seemed to be pissed off at the game for something, and I always felt like you were trash talking the game. But after a while you gave it a chance and saw it's potential- like most of us do. That's what keeps this community together: the fact that we can see how this game is going to progress. You bring up a lot of good points, you're intelligent when you post (Unlike a LOT of people here), and you're making contributions. That's all the essential stuff to making a game like this become what it is.

In other words, I care.
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

Sorry boys and girls but im sticking with the first release of this snapshot. The view in the updated one to me is not as good, and seems bouncy and not as stable, so i will keep the old one.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
russ190

Post by russ190 »

Does anyone still switch the slow dampering factor to 2?
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

mulishatroop88 wrote:
DJ wrote:Yeah, I care as well. You put great effort into making your tracks. I can't wait to see a track with the same effort put in as you did with 'Glen Helen'
do i sense a little sarcasm?? haha
i dont think so did you see the MVA version of glen helen?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Glad to see the screen saver bug is still alive. :)
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

I think the snapshot is great in what it was suppose to achieve(rider motion). And why is anyone complaining about third person camera? You do realize you can move it to where ever you want right? Just watch a replay in third person and move the camera to where you want it, and then it'll stay that way when you go back to race. It is not stuck at whatever position jlv defaults it to.

I don't see how this snapshot makes mxsim not a sim anymore. How does it feel like arcade? The physics HAVE NOT changed at all. The difference is that now the rider can soak up bumps with his legs and arms just like in real life. That makes this more of a sim if anything. And obviously it's going to make the tracks easier to ride on.

Classic shit here :roll: . Bitch and moan for rider motion, rider motion gets released, bitch and moan that rider motion wasn't done correctly. Way to support your developer that has probably worked his ass off non-stop for this single change.
(Note my ranting is towards only those being dicks and posting worthless trash that doesn't aide in the development of the game)

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv