2008-11-19 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
motox161

Re: 2008-11-19 snapshot

Post by motox161 »

gordy wrote:im talking about from the very beginning, when i first played mxs, back in the pre-2 days, i found 1st person much easier
I'm totally the same way. Ever since the beginning first person always just seemed way better than 3rd. I've tried it plenty of time but it just never felt right. Also I think the only reason the game seams easier, is because all of the tracks we have now were not meant for rider lean. Once we get some new tracks flowing, then I think the new snapshot will be more enjoyable. Great job by the way jlv.
Gourley #13
yomo

Post by yomo »

Netdemon01 wrote:I think the snapshot is great in what it was suppose to achieve(rider motion). And why is anyone complaining about third person camera? You do realize you can move it to where ever you want right? Just watch a replay in third person and move the camera to where you want it, and then it'll stay that way when you go back to race. It is not stuck at whatever position jlv defaults it to.

I don't see how this snapshot makes mxsim not a sim anymore. How does it feel like arcade? The physics HAVE NOT changed at all. The difference is that now the rider can soak up bumps with his legs and arms just like in real life. That makes this more of a sim if anything. And obviously it's going to make the tracks easier to ride on.

Classic shit here :roll: . Bitch and moan for rider motion, rider motion gets released, bitch and moan that rider motion wasn't done correctly. Way to support your developer that has probably worked his ass off non-stop for this single change.
(Note my ranting is towards only those being dicks and posting worthless trash that doesn't aide in the development of the game)
totally agree

Also for people that said it made it too easy. This is a simulator which is meant to be realistic - not designed to be hard (if u get what i mean)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

mulishatroop88 wrote:
DJ wrote:Yeah, I care as well. You put great effort into making your tracks. I can't wait to see a track with the same effort put in as you did with 'Glen Helen'
do i sense a little sarcasm?? haha
If you saw how good his Glen Helen track was, you would know that my post was most definitely not sarcastic
mulishatroop88
Team: Privateer

Post by mulishatroop88 »

oh nvm that was somebody elses glen helen track.

yea that one sucks

but is his glen helen gonna be released?
WHOA THERE
gordy

Post by gordy »

what the hell are you talking about
instupitious.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Motoboss's Glen Helen is for MVA. So it's already released, not for mxs though. I'd imagine it wouldn't convert well either.
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

his glen helen.

oh wait are you talking about mva??
WHOA THERE
gordy

Post by gordy »

i dont think so did you see the MVA version of glen helen?
Motoboss's Glen Helen is for MVA.
mulishatroop=
instupitious.
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

lol wtf is that haha

sorry didnt read the rest of the forum i just remember someone talking about remaking glen helen so i figured it was him
WHOA THERE
gordy

Post by gordy »

its slowpoke! what the hell were you doing your entire childhood?
instupitious.
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

haha umm learning piano and bmx lol :)
WHOA THERE
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

jlv wrote: Links updated to 2008-11-20 - third person camera fixed
Holymoly, that made such a big difference. Now it feels like the way it was before the rider lean, but now with riderlean and a bit more forgiving. Wow this is just awesome.

One question though, when im coming in to a high speed jump, the bike seems to bounce, like if the suspension got fully compressed and then preloaded. How do i get rid of that? i tried vertical damping but it didnt seem to help.'

Btw; Aweseome jlv. Awesome.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Change your suspension settings perhaps?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I first started this up - after reading everyones complaints about the rider - he DOES look absolutely horrid!! :lol: No waist as motoboss said.

I thought it rides great - I'm starting to get the hang of it more and now actually find that setting the slow factor to 2.0 impedes me so I'm sticking it to 1.5.

I think the whole wide open whoops thing comes down to track design. You have to design tracks to ride good on the physics you have to work with - so when you change the physics, the tracks no longer ride the same. Now start a new track, make it to ride with these physics, and it'll be awesome!!

Also, in real life, you ride whoops wide open in a high gear. I'm a spode and I blast (well I did till I became bikeless last year) thru huge sand whoops in at least 3rd if not 4th gear. That was the only way I could get thru em without sh1tting my pants from massive swapping. The other option was 2nd gear spode rolling them, which actually takes more energy then then blasting em wide open.

In other words, sim is supposed to mimic real life, and in real life you ride whoops wide open.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

I've tried making my suspension stiffer but no difference.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I just noticed this watching myself go through whoops in slow-mo. When the rider reaches his movement limit he jerks to a stop. Wouldn't it be more life like for him to come to a smooth stop? And then my screen saver came on... :roll: