Help / questions.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
yomo

Re: Help / questions.

Post by yomo »

AC19 wrote:i just got this game a couple day ago and i was wondering how to make a map? how to download skins? and were to save the files afterwards?
Skins are available here: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... ?f=1&t=587
You should download the new bike models which are down the page:
Download what ever you like and place them in your mx simulator personal folder (start, all programs, mx simulator, mx simulator personal folder)

As for making tracks:
On the short cut on your desktop right click and click properties. At the end of "mx" add --editor
Go into the game, load a track and press tab a few times and what looks to be an overhead map should come up.

Get a blank track from here: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... ?f=4&t=380
Go back into the game load the blank track and press tab to go into the editor.

If you don't know what everything does check out a few tutorials : http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... ?f=2&t=524

Alternatively you can use photoshop
If you are good at photoshop you can make tracks, which arguably come out better and are more accurate and easier to work with (some people might not agree though) Again look in the track editing forum and there are plenty of tutorials on how to make tracks, place textures and objects and other stuff
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

ok i got the new rider thing and i've already asked jlv about this but it did not help so i was wondering if any of you guy's could help. I have the new rider to race but when i try to open up the personal folder it says can't find game data. i tried moving the zzz files to where jlv told me but this did nothing i'm still having trouble with it do i need to delete the old mx.exe for it to work because i think it's trying to run from that or something i have to go to c drive to start the game because the short cut doesn't work so any help would be much appreciated :?
yomo

Post by yomo »

yes you must delete the old version to beable to use the short cut on your desktop
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

will this allow me to open personal folder to?

ok still having the same problem i have the new rider in c drive i have removed the old mx.exe do i need to move any other files such as zzzy or zzzz???? :?
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Make sure you have all three of the following files in your 'C:/Program Files/MX Simulator' folder:

mx.exe
zzzz.saf
zzzx.saf
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Hmm..Sometimes when I whip, he really brings the bike back TOO FAR! Like a second whip back :( There are some jumps where I almost always crash cus of that O,o..And also, can you do ..many kind of whips? Or a scrub thats not followed by a turndown whip? :D
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

you need to practic at whips and scrubs...
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Kawasakis wrote:you need to practic at whips and scrubs...
I cant really see the difference..I do know the difference but when I scrub, well dunno if it really works it becomes turndown whip O,o I mean im like almost dragging my footpegs at the face of the jump O,o..Also, what does sit/dab do? And when to use it? I know that I cant take a turn without sitting down lmao ^^ and its like more stable..But.....o,o....
ALSO! What suspension settings should I run? I know nothing about that stuff..Im running all "stock" :shock:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

wakestyle21 wrote:Make sure you have all three of the following files in your 'C:/Program Files/MX Simulator' folder:

mx.exe
zzzz.saf
zzzx.saf
And zzzy.saf (track textures)
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

i have done this but when i open up the personal folder it's still saying can't find game data :shock:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Hmmm, someone I was talking to had this problem the other day as well. The answer is:

Always rename your downloaded snapshot to mx.exe
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

yes please. i wont to send my demo in for the sx race and fredriciks invite thanks for the help :wink: hahah i just read the bottom of the post lol sorry i will do it tonight when i get home from school thanks :lol:
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

At tracks like freds invitational, I faceplant like 5 times a lap..Im on the gas, standing up and even leaning backwards and I STILL F...ING FACEPLANT What the hell can I do!? Suspension? I tried everything .. :cry:
yomo

Post by yomo »

dont lean back... it compresses ur suspension and then spits u over the bars... In real life you dont go over a jump hanging right off the back. This isnt like MXS vs ATV

what you can try is...

1. pick a simple track to learn on like alcrest, locust, eskwanbee park, red bud.
2. Pick a gear that isnt revving out or too low
3. go up to the jump full pace
4. a few meters before let go of the gas entirely
5. as u go up the ramp give it another hit of power

6. on a really kicky jump (which there arnt many of) lean forward and as ur leave pull back to bring up the front wheel.

But what ever you do dont hang off the back the whole way up cos it will spit you over the bars every time
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

yomo195 wrote:dont lean back... it compresses ur suspension and then spits u over the bars... In real life you dont go over a jump hanging right off the back. This isnt like MXS vs ATV

what you can try is...

1. pick a simple track to learn on like alcrest, locust, eskwanbee park, red bud.
2. Pick a gear that isnt revving out or too low
3. go up to the jump full pace
4. a few meters before let go of the gas entirely
5. as u go up the ramp give it another hit of power

6. on a really kicky jump (which there arnt many of) lean forward and as ur leave pull back to bring up the front wheel.

But what ever you do dont hang off the back the whole way up cos it will spit you over the bars every time
O,o i tried without too..well I use automatic shift >.< :D
Im gonna try that, thanks for the advice..
Well, the only time it kicks like that for me in real life is when I seat bounce ..Thats how I broke my arm at mx indoor LOL I was gonna seat bounce this double, and I went higher than I usually did, but shorter, so I pretty much face planted it O,o.. :D