2011-05-24 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Re: 2011-05-24 snapshot

Post by JP37R »

Shadow wrote:
JP37R wrote:yes, exactly. it sucks.
Is this to you honestly better feedback on the snapshot than what Servatis said?
I guess you missed this, where I was asking what changed.
JP37R wrote:What changed with the physics? it seems like the rear is swapping out easy and sometimes if I'm sliding through a turn and let up on the throttle it grabs and sends me into a spin in the opposite direction before flipping off the track. I'm using the same suspension I've used for the last 6 months. Am I going crazy or did something change?
Shadow wrote:Wtf? He only said that he tried to ride whoops with the new snapshot and found it wasn't as bad as he thought and making mistakes is a little easier than before, hence it separates the good from the bad. How does that make him arrogant?
did you not read all 4 of my sentences? I explained the percieved arrogance there. I admit that maybe wasn't his intention, but that's how I interpereted what he wrote.

Shadow, are you his Mom? running in to his defense and all. so sweet.

p.s. fuck you.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

JP37R, just stop talking.

You gave your opinion, I gave mine, you called me arrogant, etc.
Let's just move on and stop making this any more personal than it already is.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

JP37R wrote: did you not read all 4 of my sentences? I explained the percieved arrogance there. I admit that maybe wasn't his intention, but that's how I interpereted what he wrote.

Shadow, are you his Mom? running in to his defense and all. so sweet.

p.s. fuck you.
Protip: Rinse that sand out of your vagina.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
KawasakiRider7
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by KawasakiRider7 »

:)
Skype - MetalHead1671
My Stats

My YouTube Channel
Pin It To Win It - T.P. 199
Privateer Looking For A TEAM
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

gotta say i like the new snapshot, comparing the 250's,if i ride the snapshots back to back,same bike/setup and tracks,the new stiffer drive train puts the power down a little quicker but when the rear spins up it dont breakaway so fast,dunno if its the same for the 125's, i like it for the 250's,gives finer control.

you could add a "drivetrain damping" adjustment to setup :idea:
4 settings so the range is not too huge ~ like... one softer than the previous snapshot,previous snapshot,new snapshot,one stiffer :mrgreen:
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

Servatis wrote:JP37R, just stop talking.
Fuck off
Shadow wrote:Protip: Rinse that sand out of your vagina.
I lost your moms number, just tell her to take a shower.

post 700! cya fags.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Damn, I'd have to guess if you added the ages of all 3 of you arguing it would be over 100. You guys are the older role models around here. :|
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

jlv wrote:Changes:
  • Flywheel damper reworked to prevent jitter with light flywheels.
I don't know what you mean by jitters, in power delivery? I just don't understand the explanation :oops:.

I really didn't notice a difference at all with it, besides the swapping (I guess I don't have enough finesse to notice small changes :lol:). But going through whoops (outdoor type larger whoops also) is SO much harder to do without swapping. I've tried pinning it, half throttle, 3rd and 4th gear, 2nd, and almost every time it feels ok going in but just starts hucka-bucking out of no where to the point where I can't even tell when it's going to start anymore.
Shadow wrote:The ice feeling is most likely just from slippery traction, that was still rideable before the flywheel tweak.
I don't think we should have to change traction to compensate either, making the traction have more grip is going to have more side effects than benefits imo.

If anything I like karl's idea, have a choice between the two. We get to choose what type of flywheel we want in real life :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

ddmx wrote:Damn, I'd have to guess if you added the ages of all 3 of you arguing it would be over 100. You guys are the older role models around here. :|
Hey! We are not that old. It amounts to 85 only. :D
yzmxer608 wrote:I really didn't notice a difference at all with it, besides the swapping (I guess I don't have enough finesse to notice small changes :lol:). But going through whoops (outdoor type larger whoops also) is SO much harder to do without swapping. I've tried pinning it, half throttle, 3rd and 4th gear, 2nd, and almost every time it feels ok going in but just starts hucka-bucking out of no where to the point where I can't even tell when it's going to start anymore.
Shadow wrote:The ice feeling is most likely just from slippery traction, that was still rideable before the flywheel tweak.
I don't think we should have to change traction to compensate either, making the traction have more grip is going to have more side effects than benefits imo.

If anything I like karl's idea, have a choice between the two. We get to choose what type of flywheel we want in real life :).
There's a small but noticeable difference, I'm not sure if it can be seen in the smoother tracks but try out sorketorp or a similar rough track.
You're right though, an option to change the flywheel according to one's preferences would be a good idea.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I don't think what JLV changed has to do with flywheel weight, which IRL we can control, but how it interacts with the drive train itself. I would imagine the jitters he spoke of were something caused by an extremely light flywheel in a 50cc motor.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

That's correct. The flywheel is connected to the real wheel by a damped spring. When I said "jitter" I meant when the flywheel hits a critical speed and starts to oscillate wildly. In the next version I'll set the damping back to the original setting. It might be a little while though since I'm in the middle of redoing the sound code.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
kona309

Post by kona309 »

MAN!!! i was excited for the 450's. But all of this talk of "Swapping" and the bike feeling more agile. It sounds like what happens when you turn stability down. So he may have just made the stability less effective.
My stats:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3042/
Jones221 wrote:Kona is right.
jlv wrote:If you kids don't knock it off I'm pulling this forum over!
DJD

Post by DJD »

jlv wrote: I'm in the middle of redoing the sound code.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

DJD wrote:
jlv wrote: I'm in the middle of redoing the sound code.
+1
awesome!!!!
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

jlv wrote:In the next version I'll set the damping back to the original setting.
Can you make it an option to choose from the new and the old setting? 'Cause I like how the bike reacts now.