2011-07-27 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
karlwb
Team: Privateer

Re: 2011-07-27 snapshot

Post by karlwb »

didnt like the new snapshot on 1st impression, felt a little tamed, i couldnt see lap times improving with it,but after a couple of evenings riding it, i think the flywheel and torque adjustments (250's) offer better handling,nice work jlv!
like the sounds too, the motor bogging down or revving out sounds way better,but the sound mix of other bikes seems too loud,you dont get a sense of distance like before.
dustywalrus
Team: Team Green Trainee

Post by dustywalrus »

karlwb wrote:didnt like the new snapshot on 1st impression, felt a little tamed, i couldnt see lap times improving with it,but after a couple of evenings riding it, i think the flywheel and torque adjustments (250's) offer better handling,nice work jlv!
like the sounds too, the motor bogging down or revving out sounds way better,but the sound mix of other bikes seems too loud,you dont get a sense of distance like before.
wow i was about to post almost the exact same thing as this
Corey XL350r

Post by Corey XL350r »

yeah sorry about that last post, stupidly enough i didnt download the second file :oops:
Long live the old XR's and XL's
R.I.P. Paul 'Broomy' Broomfield
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

Great to see MXSimulator constantly evolving for the better and now since THQ has packed up their bags this is really the only true MX game out their now.

Thanks JLV
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

i was think after reading what people had to say about crashes. if you think of what can go wrong when crashing in real life say landing a jump wrong over shooting a berm and not getting ruts and whoops perfect, so many diffrent elements it very hard for someone like JLV to add all these diffrent crashes with the limited time and resources he has when you look at THQ they had a MUCH bigger budget yet the crashes in that were no better and were unrealistic.
You could also add that there should be damage to the bike mechanics and plastics etc... and the riders hand shouldn't hold onto the bike when crashing which is all good but as game that tries to create a 100% realism you'd have to program the guy running back to the bike then starting it and what effect the crash had on the performance of the bike.
all very confusing for your average joe gamer like me or you.
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
patrickadizzle

Post by patrickadizzle »

I just wish in the game in general, the gravity setting could be upped a notch or two.

The bike aren't as planted as they could be, they are just too light/finicky imo. When my front wheel lightly hit's a berm, it shouldn't cause my bike to jump up and leave me doing a 720. Bikes just have no mass.
Accomplishments: Nothing, but i almost win all races in 00, 01, 02, 03
22Ryann
Team: Thrashedkids

Post by 22Ryann »

im a very new user so my input probably doesnt hold much weight, but i also agree, the bike does seem underweighted and my front end no matter what setting i use seems hard to keep planted..

Ryann,
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

patrickadizzle wrote:I just wish in the game in general, the gravity setting could be upped a notch or two.
yeh i agree,i've been playing this sim a few years,but i often take a break and when i start over,the thing that always strikes me first is how floaty it feels. the bike goes airborne too easy and then into slo-mo,low gravity is the best description of it and i think it causes many handling anomolies. jlv seems to have a good handle on the torque/flywheel effect now,low speed to high speed handling is almost linear,a tweak to the overall gravity could produce good results.
hughes

Post by hughes »

yeh i agree,i've been playing this sim a few years,but i often take a break and when i start over,the thing that always strikes me first is how floaty it feels. the bike goes airborne too easy and then into slo-mo,low gravity is the best description of it and i think it causes many handling anomolies. jlv seems to have a good handle on the torque/flywheel effect now,low speed to high speed handling is almost linear,a tweak to the overall gravity could produce good results.
I agree with what your saying. But i still think its just a little to sensitive.. like it washes out alot and what not even if you on like 20 or 25 stability you wash out just as much as you do on 0 or 5 stability in my opinion..
Cooter181
Team: 180 Decals/TwerkTeam

Post by Cooter181 »

I thought it was simply cause I'm a noob, but to hear others are saying the same thing about the bikes 'plantedness' confirms my initial thought that the front end really needs to stick better. Also, I can't understand for the life of me why the bars get snapped back and forth so violently causing you to swap out, it's almost as if the rider has no strength to resist the bars moving. :?
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

Post by TBARRY34 »

Dunno my bike seems to plant perfectly fine except on tracks where the traction was messed with in a bad way...Do you guys have crappy controllers or something? Or maybe it just comes with experience of understanding when your bike is going to slide out (leaning too much?) Dunno I don't have any complaints so far except maybe wheel lock can be slightly annoying
dustywalrus
Team: Team Green Trainee

Post by dustywalrus »

Yeah iv'e never had any of these planting issues either in my 2 weeks of playing lol
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

TBARRY34 wrote:Dunno my bike seems to plant perfectly fine except on tracks where the traction was messed with in a bad way...Do you guys have crappy controllers or something? Or maybe it just comes with experience of understanding when your bike is going to slide out (leaning too much?) Dunno I don't have any complaints so far except maybe wheel lock can be slightly annoying
Mmmmm, not talking so much about the sliding out stuff, I understand that, just wish the lean angle was a bit more before traction was broken. What I'm referring to is more when your hitting small choppy bumps and stuff, and then it's almost like the front end just melts underneath you when you're not even holding down the turning stick, resulting in a face plant obviously. It just seems as if the smallest little things can cause the front end to wash out and it's a bit overkill at times. I'm sure I'll learn how to avoid it as the rest of you have, it's just not very realistic at times is all I'm saying.
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

*You're
hughes

Post by hughes »

TBARRY34 wrote:Dunno my bike seems to plant perfectly fine except on tracks where the traction was messed with in a bad way...Do you guys have crappy controllers or something? Or maybe it just comes with experience of understanding when your bike is going to slide out (leaning too much?) Dunno I don't have any complaints so far except maybe wheel lock can be slightly annoying
I use keyboard... that might be why but i feel like key board is like 10 times harder then using a controller.