I really do want to get into this game but...

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Crazy Mx Dude
Team: Privateer

I really do want to get into this game but...

Post by Crazy Mx Dude »

I really like this game and want to play it because Alive is just getting old but my problem with this game is I SUCK at it im on the ground more then I'm actually riding! It's really frustrating me because it's so hard anyone have any tips that can maybe improve my game?
My XBL GT: Crazy Mx Dude
http://www.youtube.com/user/TylerRunsThiss?feature=mhee
Be Sure to sub for all things mx!
Shadow
Team: FSK

Re: I really do want to get into this game but...

Post by Shadow »

Probably heard this already but simply practice. I remember it took me nearly 2 months just to get a clean lap in ekswanbee park. There's no magic pill for this game, just takes a certain amount of time until one starts to get better at it.

Anyways some tips, which are the obvious ones, are to first just practice riding without mistakes, not fast but just concentrating on how the bike corners, how it behaves generally, no whipping at first. Speed and the feel what the bike does will come in time.
For corners, brake before the corner, lean and then use a smooth throttle through the corner, don't chop it on/off. Also, turning in this game isn't like in alive or other mx games in that you're not turning per say but setting the lean angle of the bike, which then makes the bike turn.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Crazy Mx Dude wrote:I really like this game and want to play it because Alive is just getting old but my problem with this game is I SUCK at it im on the ground more then I'm actually riding! It's really frustrating me because it's so hard anyone have any tips that can maybe improve my game?
Can you do me a favor and fix the aspect ratio on your sig so I can see that girl better??

Thanks
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Crazy Mx Dude

Post by Crazy Mx Dude »

Shadow wrote:Probably heard this already but simply practice. I remember it took me nearly 2 months just to get a clean lap in ekswanbee park. There's no magic pill for this game, just takes a certain amount of time until one starts to get better at it.

Anyways some tips, which are the obvious ones, are to first just practice riding without mistakes, not fast but just concentrating on how the bike corners, how it behaves generally, no whipping at first. Speed and the feel what the bike does will come in time.
For corners, brake before the corner, lean and then use a smooth throttle through the corner, don't chop it on/off. Also, turning in this game isn't like in alive or other mx games in that you're not turning per say but setting the lean angle of the bike, which then makes the bike turn.
Thanks for the tips! Anyone got any good setups for a new guy like me?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Garasaki wrote:
Crazy Mx Dude wrote:I really like this game and want to play it because Alive is just getting old but my problem with this game is I SUCK at it im on the ground more then I'm actually riding! It's really frustrating me because it's so hard anyone have any tips that can maybe improve my game?
Can you do me a favor and fix the aspect ratio on your sig so I can see that girl better??

Thanks
Yeah, you missed this one.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Crazy Mx Dude

Post by Crazy Mx Dude »

Garasaki wrote:

Thanks
Sorry that's as big as the website will let me make it since they put the new restrictions out.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

Aspect ratio is the ratio of width and height. He was telling you the picture is stretched (wrong aspect ratio) and he would like to see the sweet curves on that chick without her looking like she's laying in front of a carnival mirror.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah the stretching makes all those curves look like straight lines.

Help me out here bro.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Post by soc_monki »

getting decent at this game takes time...at first i could only take it for so long before i had to shut it off! and when you get too frustrated shut it off. its not worth getting pissed off. just take your time and relax. throttle control and smooth riding are the keys. over time youll learn how much you can push it, and how far you can take it to the edge and get away with it. i still push it over the edge and lose it a lot but im getting better at just sliding the bike around and staying in control.

as for setups...i would stick the stability at 15, steering force and strength as high as it will go, and learn like that. its what i did. as for suspension...just check out the setup thread (search for it) and try a few. i took Cobra's setup and messed with it and came up with something that works for me. try it out, see how it works, and then try stiffer springs, more or less damping, and different levels of preload and oil in the forks and see how it feels on a particular track. just pick one track and try different setups and make mental notes of what works and what doesnt. one thing though...its good to find a setup that you feel good with, then stick with it and improve your riding rather than hunting for the "perfect" setup. a good rider can push through a mediocre setup, but a good rider's setup isnt going to turn you into a super rider.
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Post by shawn1331 »

Turn steering force to max and steering angle to max. Set stability to 45 so you have a decent mix of tippiness and quick turning but a solid amount of stability to stay up.

Download Death valley MX. It's a rough track and its really fun, yet relitively easy. I'm running a 1:47.56 on it after about 25 laps. The track is just rough enough you will get a good feel for the bike yet smoth and beginner enough you should have fun.

Ps.The finish line jump is amazing for whips, ive only ever landed like 3 off it but they look so cool even when you don't
Crazy Mx Dude

Post by Crazy Mx Dude »

Garasaki wrote:Yeah the stretching makes all those curves look like straight lines.

Help me out here bro.
Lol here you go man.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000066 ... 5807#ngtop

And Thanks for all the tips guys!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Ride Rabbit Hill 24/7 until you can get around without problems. That's how I learned.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.