2011-11-21 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
totorox

Re: 2011-11-21 snapshot

Post by totorox »

jlv wrote:
totorox wrote:I have a crash now, 'out of virtual memory' when i open my current wip track since precedent snapshot using max texture memory size (1024, i use 2gb vram).
I'd run lower settings, especially if it's an ATI card.
But it's not working since 1.5 only... I use 512 usually too, but to check hi-res textures on my tracks, i try with 1024.

I could play with 1024 but some tracks are too big :
Idea -> Maybe MXS could use different graphic config by tracks, main config file we be the default one, then if a config. file is found in current track data folder ? (or named 'graphic.' file containing only usefull graphic settings, wich not need game restart, MXS could use it at track load time.
Like for 'setup' files, if a setup file is found in track folder, load it, etc(but depending bike model too). (You should use file extensions to handle files easier).
Please don't lock setup management development with some backward compatibilty issues, we should think this better. And for now we could be abble to use 3rd party tool to
manage setups by track/bike and ask MXS to load it manually.
And there's not adv. stability settings, in bike setups, using like for setup now, save/load for specific stab files maybe usefull. I would use differents settings from MX to SX, sand or mud, differents bikes or controler, etc. Or simply try combinations of differents bike setups and stab settings because bike reaction depend of both.
totorox

Post by totorox »

totorox wrote:And there's not adv. stability settings, in bike setups...
Oups ! :oops: :oops: :oops:
RH870r
Team: Josh Philips Racing

Post by RH870r »

i got the same problem as totorox somethimes, its kinda annoying ... but it works after i restarted the game a couple times.
Cooter181
Team: 180 Decals/TwerkTeam

Post by Cooter181 »

jlv wrote: I'm probably going to have to resort to reusing the 125 sounds. Either that or hold them back until after the SX series.
A little late but, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please release the 250's ASAP, I can't take it much longer lol. Sounds can always be updated later, we need the smokers now :)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

ZipTye wrote:still cant find data like when i click " Windows users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2011-11-21.exe " then it says the publisher cannot be verified are you sure you want to run this software. i click run, then a little box comes up saying cant find game data ? help would be very appreciated thanks in advance
That's because you need to download the "mx-2011-11-21.exe" file and "save" the file, not "run". If you get a message and one option is "don't run", select that. I delete the existing mx.exe from my game folder before I copy the snapshot there, then just rename "mx-2011-11-21.exe" to mx.exe. If this doesn't work, then parental supervision is required.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Phathry25 wrote:Well gall darnit, why doesn't editing the config work!?
The config file uses the same list as the GUI.
totorox wrote:
jlv wrote:
totorox wrote:I have a crash now, 'out of virtual memory' when i open my current wip track since precedent snapshot using max texture memory size (1024, i use 2gb vram).
I'd run lower settings, especially if it's an ATI card.
But it's not working since 1.5 only... I use 512 usually too, but to check hi-res textures on my tracks, i try with 1024.
1.5 might have turned on framebuffer objects (now named "Hardware/Direct" in the menu). If you were running without framebuffer objects before it would have clamped the resolution down to 256x256. It will only use the higher settings if it has framebuffer objects on.

Here are what the new terrain settings in 1.5 mean:
Hardware/Direct - Render directly into terrain textures with framebuffer objects.
Hardware/Copy - Render into the back buffer and copy to the terrain textures via glCopyTexSubImage.
Software - Use CPU to render terrain textures and upload them to terrain textures via glTexSubImage.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jonee589

Post by Jonee589 »

JLV were you going to do exhaust smoke, the same way you did the roost? Also any progress on the 250 2 smoker? :lol:
jlv wrote:lol. I'm such a noob!
DJD

Post by DJD »

Need.....Stiffer......Forks......Please. I think we need a much broader range for all suspension settings.
karlwb
Team: Privateer

Post by karlwb »

and add to the upper range of rider mass distribution please,currently range is 33-50,up to 53 would be nice!
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

DJD wrote:Need.....Stiffer......Forks......Please. I think we need a much broader range for all suspension settings.
Want me to send you my setup?
only one to win something real from the game!
astone977
Team: Privateer

Post by astone977 »

I cannot figure out how to do this for linux!!! I am downloading the one for linux, renaming it "mxbin" and replacing the old one with it and when i double click "mx" the game normally loads but the computer acts as if nothing at all has happened. I put the old mxbin back in and it started fine. What am i doing wrong??? someone please help because I want 450's for the 20 hr. drive home from mini o's to New York!!
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

karlwb wrote:and add to the upper range of rider mass distribution please,currently range is 33-50,up to 53 would be nice!
You want your rider hanging off the back fender? :(
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

astone977 wrote:I cannot figure out how to do this for linux!!! I am downloading the one for linux, renaming it "mxbin" and replacing the old one with it and when i double click "mx" the game normally loads but the computer acts as if nothing at all has happened. I put the old mxbin back in and it started fine. What am i doing wrong??? someone please help because I want 450's for the 20 hr. drive home from mini o's to New York!!
You probably need to give it execute permission. "chmod +x mxbin" should do it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
karlwb wrote:and add to the upper range of rider mass distribution please,currently range is 33-50,up to 53 would be nice!
You want your rider hanging off the back fender? :(
Is that what rider mass does? I thought it simply located where the mass of your body weight was located, lower was more weight down low (your legs) and higher vice versa. Was I way off?
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

Sorry for DP but, I notice with it up high I can't whip the bike anywhere near as hard. It also seems as if the rider has a concrete block for a head in turns also. I can't ride for shit with my rider mass up high.