My thoughts on some improvements that could be made.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: My thoughts on some improvements that could be made.

Post by Pumaxcs »

DankeKTM21 wrote:
Wilmx829 wrote:Looong Eduro/Baja races, and bikes. And maybe a story/career mode would be fun? :?
its MX Simulator, isnt it? :D
well ya duh and on a enduro/baja what can you ride?
trucks atvs.... or yeah MX bikes
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wilmx829
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilmx829 »

Yeah I meant the Enduros and Bajas that are on mx bikes.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I think if we're already seeing Supermoto tracks coming out, we can afford to expand our horizons to Baja and Enduro. Besides, how else can we pretend to be Malcolm Smith if we can't haul across Lake Chapala at 110?
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Mittocs wrote:
wakestyle21 wrote:
Mittocs wrote:This is my setup if anyone was curious

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/P ... csxbox.jpg
So I'm guessing you use antilock front and rear and probably auto gearing too? And stop wheelies?
antilock yes, but I use manual shifting and no stop wheelies
Weren't you complaining about the game being too easy after the new rider lean came out? Try the game with all analog and no antilock.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Wilmx829 wrote:I lean forward, pin it and powerslide the whole way then scrub the table.
Ditto. It's beautiful when it works out. I often get too close to the inside and start ping ponging off those hurricane proof haybales.

I asked JLV about this a while back. Well actually I specifically asked how the tires were modelled, because it seems like they have a curved contact patch and when the bike leans the traction becomes smaller (ie smaller contact patch) which is not really true for knobbie tires, a) because of the knobs, and b) because of the flex in the sidewalls

And his response was that ... well here is the exact quote (this followed some explaination of how he modelled the tire's traction and how it really isn't correct): "It will require the friction parameter in 'texturelist' to be replaced by a table. That's one of the things I'm going to do after multiplayer is working."

Hopefully he dosent mind me posting that publically.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I swear, he thinks of everything. :D
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

some simple improvements i can think of is dust/smoke and leg out riding around the corners instead of feat always on the pegs ....i think its the smaller stuff thtll make this game better
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

The one big gripe i've had with this game since the beginning is the front end. It doesn't matter what bike setup i use, it still feels like it weights 500tons.
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

Jonezy677 wrote:
5.)Traction. This game kind of feels like your riding on ice, or close to it. It feels VERY slippery, and too easy to wash out. I want to be able to go around a flat corner, get on the gas half way through and feel the bike hook up and power out, with the back end wanting to swing around the front. *The progressive throttle would be great here.

7)Physics. I love what you did with the leaning to turn, thats definately what we needed. But, it still needs alot of tweaking. Like I said earlier, the bike doesnt seem like it has any cornering traction and washes out too easy. We need the bike to feel alot more stuck to the ground. I like how you have to slow down for corners, but I think we have to slow down too much right now. This all ties in to the traction thing.
I agree with this 100%.

I actually think that the game needs a complete physics overhaul as a matter of fact. JLV is on the right path with this one, but there's a lot of work to be done still, the game still feels way undercooked. I'm not even talking about next gen graphics or multiplayer. I'm talking about core mechanics. I mean...how can this be a motocross simulator, when you can barely pull a wheelie? The front end is too heavy, the traction is too weak and the bike washes out way too easily, even at very low speeds.

I know i sound like i'm bitching and moaning, but i'm not. I really enjoy this game and i want to see it moving forward, but there's A LOT of room for improvement still. I just hope it doesn't take too long, i would hate to see the community go stale because of lack of updates, or poor gameplay.

Cheers all!
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

You can pull wheelies..On pretty much anything ..>,< Ive seen people do it in races..well, after races lmao..Dunno how they do it though, ive been trying for hours :o
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

jackofknives wrote:
Jonezy677 wrote:
5.)Traction. This game kind of feels like your riding on ice, or close to it. It feels VERY slippery, and too easy to wash out. I want to be able to go around a flat corner, get on the gas half way through and feel the bike hook up and power out, with the back end wanting to swing around the front. *The progressive throttle would be great here.

7)Physics. I love what you did with the leaning to turn, thats definately what we needed. But, it still needs alot of tweaking. Like I said earlier, the bike doesnt seem like it has any cornering traction and washes out too easy. We need the bike to feel alot more stuck to the ground. I like how you have to slow down for corners, but I think we have to slow down too much right now. This all ties in to the traction thing.
I agree with this 100%.

I actually think that the game needs a complete physics overhaul as a matter of fact. JLV is on the right path with this one, but there's a lot of work to be done still, the game still feels way undercooked. I'm not even talking about next gen graphics or multiplayer. I'm talking about core mechanics. I mean...how can this be a motocross simulator, when you can barely pull a wheelie? The front end is too heavy, the traction is too weak and the bike washes out way too easily, even at very low speeds.

I know i sound like i'm bitching and moaning, but i'm not. I really enjoy this game and i want to see it moving forward, but there's A LOT of room for improvement still. I just hope it doesn't take too long, i would hate to see the community go stale because of lack of updates, or poor gameplay.

Cheers all!
are you fucking serious!? man open your eyes this game has been around for just over a year and look how much JLV has done he is just one man and he is pumping out the updates like crazy and you say you dont want to see the community go stale because of lack of updates..psssh your an idiot
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

lack to pull a wheelie and traction issues has nothing to do with the bike
its you and the dirt friction
if people would start makeing the dirt a lil less like it just rained we'd be better off in that catagory
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

To pull a wheelie, set the rider weight distribution to .5, then shift your weight back as you dump the clutch.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

actually jlv u dont even have to do tht get goin average speed press the brakes to make the forks go down then pop the clutch and lean back and it springs right into a wheelie
yomo

Post by yomo »

jackofknives wrote: ...how can this be a motocross simulator, when you can barely pull a wheelie?
Make sure you have the stop wheelies turned off first. and check you have mass distribution or whatever it is to .5