cant install mxs updates :(

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
2m4a9t
Team: underdog racing

cant install mxs updates :(

Post by 2m4a9t »

hey guys just having a bit of trouble installing the updates for mx simulator and i cant find anything on the forums :( everytime i open up the installer wizard it ask's me to choose a folder to save the update in and i choose my private mxs folder but it wont let me press next? ive tried putting it in other folder but still wont work. can any1 help me please :)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: cant install mxs updates :(

Post by jlv »

You need to select the install folder. The default is "C:\Program Files\MX Simulator".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
2m4a9t

Post by 2m4a9t »

sorry to be a pain jlv but whats the install folder :S haha im a noob with this stuff
2m4a9t

Post by 2m4a9t »

and the default location for mine is also... C:\Program Filers (x86) MX Simulator. i dnt know if that makes a difference or not
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That default is what you want to keep it at, it's the install folder which all of the game files is written to and ran from. Your personal folder is just for add-on stuff like tracks and skins.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
2m4a9t

Post by 2m4a9t »

oh i see. it still wont let me press next tho :( i could post a video of it if youd like ?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

If you could, that would help. What version did you have before 1.7? I don't think 1.7 has all of the updates from the other updates (like all of the zzzx.saf files etc.). So you might have to go in order from the version of your main game installer, installing the updates sequentially after that.

Jlv would be able to confirm that, I'm not 100% sure that's how it works.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Send me your order info via PM or email and I'll send a full 1.7 installer. I need the name, address, phone number or email address from the order.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
OCRgreg620

Post by OCRgreg620 »

now thats customer support !!! 8)
2m4a9t

Post by 2m4a9t »

oh thats awsome man thanks alot :) and i dnt think i have updated it once to be honest :S ive got all the snapshots but i havnt updated it since i bought the game. which was i think may 2011 :S bit behind i think
GizMX Racing 28
Team: GizMx Racing

Post by GizMX Racing 28 »

how can you tell waht version you have? i bought game about 3 days ago so take it i have most up to date?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

When you start the game look in the lower right corner, it'll either say the version number or the snapshot date.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

You probably have the 1.7 version, the newest snapshot is here: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13676
matias
Team: Privateer

Post by matias »

i told you jlv , not was only my problem , i FIXED , i install all over again wasn't funny . i think u must in the next installer , add the option to continue any way , because i know where i got installed the game and for some reason , the installer not enables the bottom to continue.
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Matias, I've sent you a full 1.7 installer.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com