Multiplayer Discussion

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

Multiplayer Discussion

Post by JohnnyMac »

Just purchased the game last week. I read multiplayer is being developed. Is this topic open to discussion? Not much has really been detailed about it (yes I searched). I know this is no small undertaking and that this game is being created by a single developer. I DONT expect anything below to be included, but do hope it will bring out ideas, concerns, or issues that were not thought about before. Hope it helps...

HOST/CLIENT
----------------
Boot/Ban players/ip - in case of jerks/cheating/haxorz (options: voting by players and/or host!)
Dedicated Server mode - possible? allows hosting on deditcated servers
Game browser - (I think mandatory) listing all games by ping, # of players, current track, settings
Lock/Password - for cases like a tournament or team/friends only???
Client data - besides player name & plate #, how about team name, bike/class, rank?
Client status - allows host to see if everyone is ready (connecting/disconnecting, setting up bike, ???)

GAME
-------
Observation mode - lets say I log in but race is ongoing, I would love to watch from a follow/free roam camera, until I can join in race
Race options - options: (simple) main race only, (sx) qualifier & main, (mx) motos
Pre Race Gate selection - who gets to pick this and how: random or follow race options above?
Host-Only Settings - some need to be host only for all players like engine class, no arcade physics (if wanted), others?
Voice chat - so much nicer then texting
Who picks next track options - choices include host, winner of last race, or random with voting
Time limit on finished races - what if a player is laps down? Need options for ending race to next event
Missing Host/Client content - Missing rider/bike skins are no biggie, but missing tracks require download
Race recording - allow recording of race for offline watching or ghosting. ALSO allow each recording to be separate.
Race stats - single player stats + client data too

OTHER/FUTURE/PIE IN THE SKY
-------------------------------------
Ranked/unranked races - fast lap leaderboards by track
More race stats - race results uploaded directly to a tracking server for a tournament or rankings
Bike settings per track or race type - would love to have sx & mx bike configs selectable online
borderpatrol199

Re: Multiplayer Discussion

Post by borderpatrol199 »

for voice chat we just need a teamspeak server. (http://www.teamspeak.com/)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

weve already tried a teamspeak/ventrilo server never really worked. on the other hand i think because we have keybaords that no voice ingame is perfectly fine, i honestly would be thrilled if i could type in game
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
borderpatrol199

Post by borderpatrol199 »

I can look into hosting a teamspeak server for the mx simulator community. Ive used teamspeak for a few years and it's a great program.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Pumaxcs wrote:weve already tried a teamspeak/ventrilo server never really worked. on the other hand i think because we have keybaords that no voice ingame is perfectly fine, i honestly would be thrilled if i could type in game
But you cant type/talk while racing... well i know i cant.

IMO it would be awesome with chat... ie... watch out stocksy, watch the block pass up the left... watch out... BAM! gottcha :mrgreen:
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

yomo195 wrote: But you cant type/talk while racing... well i know i cant.
Wow, thats a new trick just there! Braaaa- haha im pulling away -aaaaap

Its like pulling a tear off lol
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

yomo195 wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:weve already tried a teamspeak/ventrilo server never really worked. on the other hand i think because we have keybaords that no voice ingame is perfectly fine, i honestly would be thrilled if i could type in game
But you cant talk while racing....

Ah, yeah you can, you just need to bind a controller button to talk. Used ventrilo for years on mcm2,mva and rfactor. mva would have been nothing to me without it, great little program.
Dont ever question my determination and my will to win - Chad Reed
yomo

Post by yomo »

tobz173 wrote:
yomo195 wrote:
But you cant talk while racing....

Ah, yeah you can, you just need to bind a controller button to talk. Used ventrilo for years on mcm2,mva and rfactor. mva would have been nothing to me without it, great little program.
yeah but i was talking about, You can't talk if we have to talk by typing. Ie using the keyboard
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Something i thought would be cool would be at the end of each race, if it came up with the results like the AMA does it.
So itd have your name, bike number and bike type. As well as trt and fastest lap or whatever. The AMA is hardly ever on in Nz, and when it is its only one in the early hours of the morning.
Is there a way to somehow programme your name to a certain bike number on the server or something? This probably sounds stupid, but im not exactly a computer whizz.

Just some ideas.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Blitz wrote:Something i thought would be cool would be at the end of each race, if it came up with the results like the AMA does it.
So itd have your name, bike number and bike type. As well as trt and fastest lap or whatever. The AMA is hardly ever on in Nz, and when it is its only one in the early hours of the morning.
Is there a way to somehow programme your name to a certain bike number on the server or something? This probably sounds stupid, but im not exactly a computer whizz.

Just some ideas.
I believe that JLV mentioned having people set up accounts for online multiplayer, similar to the likes of xbox live. I think that way we would be able to have the names posted next to our times. I wonder if we could have the scrolling names throughout the race with the time behind the leader at the end of the previous lap...just a thought.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

with the timing gates it could very well do that
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

I guess all that dreams will be real :D
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Hopefully danke , but i've a great idea i think
Like , some guys are playing and you want play but the race already started so you can watch them or you can pratice on track that woul be a good fature and i think that we should have a ''pratice'' mode before start the races , like you just ride till all riders be in room , that would be cool and try make something easy to unlblock cuz a lot of guys dont know how unblock with firwall and and stuffs
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

about unlock firewall easiest way is desactivate it and activate it after you play, dont mark some programs :x etc... sometimes it doesnt works, also with hamachi will be damn good =]
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

_Factory'BR21_ wrote: Like , some guys are playing and you want play but the race already started so you can watch them or you can pratice on track

If this is the case, then collisions for this late-joiner needs to be turned off. Otherwise, sooner or later there would be people joining races just to cause havoc and wreck the people actually trying to race. People here that play LFS know what I mean. There is nothing more annoying than leading a race for 10-15 laps only to be wrecked by some late-joining idiot that decides to park in the middle of the track. :roll:

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv