Multiplayer Discussion

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Re: Multiplayer Discussion

Post by jbob23 »

Netdemon01 wrote:
_Factory'BR21_ wrote: Like , some guys are playing and you want play but the race already started so you can watch them or you can pratice on track

If this is the case, then collisions for this late-joiner needs to be turned off. Otherwise, sooner or later there would be people joining races just to cause havoc and wreck the people actually trying to race. People here that play LFS know what I mean. There is nothing more annoying than leading a race for 10-15 laps only to be wrecked by some late-joining idiot that decides to park in the middle of the track. :roll:
nah hopefully if u join a race late u will just be a spectator. (aka a camera, frree roam or choose to follow a bike or rider)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Im thinking he meant something more along the lines of what Untamed had.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

DankeKTM21 wrote:about unlock firewall easiest way is desactivate it and activate it after you play, dont mark some programs :x etc... sometimes it doesnt works, also with hamachi will be damn good =]
lol , i dont have any problem and i never had a problem just saying about noobs always have those problems
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

Nice to see this baby growing.

I dont think entering a race in progress/practice lobby (like Untamed) is a reasonable suggestion at this point, but viewing race in camera mode is. Nothing worse then twiddling my fingers in a lobby waiting for a race to be finished and having NO CLUE when it will happen. Example: MVA Unleashed on gamespy. :x

Hamachi
Danke mentioned the hamachi service on page 1. I never used it for MVA Unleashed, but I do remember all the annoying posts in the forum for the game... ("Hey I'll be on tonight only, here's my id/pwd (whatever)." with response like, "Wait, what version you using! I couldnt join!"). Seems like such a 1990s way to connect for games, just more secure right? Are we spoiled with game browsers? Oh well, Im not sure what to think so I guess I'll keep my mind open to it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Right now anyone who isn't there when the race starts is spectating. It's the easiest thing to do.

I don't think there's anything I can do to make firewall configuration easier. It needs a UDP port and there's no way around that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yomo

Post by yomo »

jlv wrote:Right now anyone who isn't there when the race starts is spectating. It's the easiest thing to do.

I don't think there's anything I can do to make firewall configuration easier. It needs a UDP port and there's no way around that.
What does that mean? Is that to do with the security of games?

I have a few questions for JLV:
1. I know its been said but can we keep a tally of results online? Kind of like how Call of Duty 4 is run for PS3
2. Sorry to ask again... but just asking how sort of close you are? have you got any online games happening yet? - I know you said about 20% coding was done, has anymore been done? - again sorry but i had to ask
3. What ways are you looking to make people be-able to connect to each other? will it be a menu in-game or a separate application. And can it use a lobby system or do we need to know IP addresses or game names?

thanks
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Im honestly hoping that we don't have a Hamachi. I have heard nothing but bad things about the thing so i hope JLV can just get a few dedicated servers and leave it with that. Of course im wanting some player created servers but i think if JLV just has tracks uploaded to the server then it could randomly pick a track then it starts back up (hopefully with this random picker there is a skip option to pass that one and if that one gets passed then next one is a garuntee run. Something like COD4 is running.)
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The basic stuff is working. You can ride around and collide with other bikes. Client side prediction is working now. The user interface is currently a --connect option on the command line, so I still have work to do there.

I'm not a big fan of in-game server browsers. Does anyone actually use those?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I honestly could care less. Would be nice to what tracks playing with all the info such as players, laps, bike restrictions (125 only, 250f only or both). On the other hand i think all i that could be shown in the games lobby. So either way i think its probly easier to just have you join one but i highly suggest having a search so then you can search the Room Name, Track, Type, Laps, etc.
MXS Cares
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

jlv wrote:Right now anyone who isn't there when the race starts is spectating. It's the easiest thing to do.

Yeah , i see .... i though the same but i dont know much about that just said cuz i always see peolple getting problems on that
and really good hear that something already are working
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
yomo

Post by yomo »

jlv wrote:The basic stuff is working. You can ride around and collide with other bikes. Client side prediction is working now. The user interface is currently a --connect option on the command line, so I still have work to do there.

I'm not a big fan of in-game server browsers. Does anyone actually use those?
Yeah I also don't really like in-game server browsers such as gamespy etc...

I honestly think you should look into how Call of Duty 4 works on Playstaion 3... That seems to run really really well.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Yomo, in-game browser means it is part of the game. Gamespy is an external server browser. The only problem with the COD4 theory is that you can't view the servers and are forced at random into a server. We want to be able to choose which server to race in.
jlv wrote:I'm not a big fan of in-game server browsers. Does anyone actually use those?
What else would you propose? A web-based browser, or a separate application all together? Or are you just thinking about having the user type in an IP and directly connecting that way? I've always liked the seamless use of in game server browsers, it seems like anything else is clunky and tries to accomplish too much. Whichever way you go the basic things I think that need to be listed are; Password, Server name, Class, Session, Users, Ping. I'm not sure what you have planned as far as an interface for online, I just hope when we enter the server we aren't just placed on the track and have to get after it. I'd like a lobby to sit and and view the standings and chat.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

My preference would be web-based but I haven't thought about it too much yet. Remember this isn't COD so there won't be thousands of servers to sort through.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

about the connection, will be using a program like hamachi? xfire something?
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It defaults to running on UDP port 19800 right now. You will also be able to override the port number if you want.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com