recording help

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Wideopen6

recording help

Post by Wideopen6 »

ok i need some help, anytime i record video whether by fraps or jlv's avi, its in fastmotion. I figured if i just slowed it down in vegas it would return it to normal speed and it would look ok. but even at 60 fps when its slowed down to normal time it lags and skips like it was recorded at like 15 or 20 fps. yet is smooth when it in fastmo. but its really pretty bothersom. it just up and started happening, not to long after i got the game.

I had plans to make a mini series every week and would really like to make videos in general but this is causing a problem...
yomo

Re: recording help

Post by yomo »

have a look in the config file to see if you can set a FPS limit. Or maybe increase quality to 100 (add q100) an increase resolution. That should slow it down.
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

doesnt matter what fps i set it too, its not like its over doing anything because if it really was recording at 60+ fps and you slow it down it should still play smooth as butter. its really only recording at a low fps but throwing it all together real fast. i dont know why though. i would think its something to do with the computer since it just up and started doing this, and because it does it with both fraps and jlv's avi.

any way heres a clip i had on hand to upload to photobucket right quick to show you what i mean.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v216/ ... -16-31.flv
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Does the original avi file have the same problem?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

jlv wrote:Does the original avi file have the same problem?

yep....once recorded its in fastmo.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Could you upload the avi somewhere?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

jlv wrote:Could you upload the avi somewhere?

what do you mean? like to media fire?
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

well ill be a monkeys uncle.....it just spontaneously fixed itself......haha just used your avi thing and its playing fine...... :?
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

well now its only opening as an audio file in sony vegas.......wtf