Anti-lock or normal?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

Anti-lock or normal in the front?

Anti-lock
73%
Normal
27%

Total votes: 74

Mutt
Team: Privateer

Anti-lock or normal?

Post by Mutt »

Hey,

What brakes do people use in the front? What is the best? I guess normal is the best if you can handle it, but its harder imo than anti-lock. Anti-lock you can brake and turn in, but with normal you cant do that, but it seems like you stop faster in a straight line. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Just wondering what people use and what does the best riders use?
patrickadizzle

Re: Anti-lock or normal?

Post by patrickadizzle »

It really for me, depends on the track. I voted normal because that is what I prefer, but tracks like some of the nationals with lots of edges and minimal flow, I chose antilock because you don't need as much stopping power and knifing on a weird edge gets old.

500 normal force is very controllable, you just have to know when to brake and when not to, and to ease on the brakes for sharp turns. When I'm using 500 normal with an xbox controller, I put my left middle finger on the very end of the trigger, and just give it little taps and that slows me down really good.

Ultimate slow down is 500 normal front and rear, both at the same time. That is my E-brake for when things get out of control 8)
Accomplishments: Nothing, but i almost win all races in 00, 01, 02, 03
dylan11
Team: Premix Racing

Post by dylan11 »

patrickadizzle wrote:It really for me, depends on the track. I voted normal because that is what I prefer, but tracks like some of the nationals with lots of edges and minimal flow, I chose antilock because you don't need as much stopping power and knifing on a weird edge gets old.

500 normal force is very controllable, you just have to know when to brake and when not to, and to ease on the brakes for sharp turns. When I'm using 500 normal with an xbox controller, I put my left middle finger on the very end of the trigger, and just give it little taps and that slows me down really good.

Ultimate slow down is 500 normal front and rear, both at the same time. That is my E-brake for when things get out of control 8)
i agree with this guy^ :wink: 8)
barrington314 wrote:dont listen to noobs
DJD wrote:Eat shit and die. Moron.
hughes

Post by hughes »

To me it all just depends on the track. For instance, on supercross I always run normal breaks because I want to slide the back end around coming into the turn so that I can rail the berm. But with nationals and outdoor track I always run anti-lock breaks because I don't want me tire sliding all over the place when I lock up the breaks from like 5th gear tapped on some tracks. But I guess it just depends on the person and what they are comfortable with. Like some people play in 1st person and some people like me play in 3rd person and I couldn't play in 1st person for my life but then again the people who play in 1st person can't play in 3rd person for their life, so it's really just what the person is comfortable with.
Dgl44
Team: BoostMobile Kawasaki

Post by Dgl44 »

I use front on anti-lock and back on normal. I play on keyboard so the front brake on normal is not really an option..
No pain, No gain!
jordanvert

Post by jordanvert »

Dgl44 wrote:I use front on anti-lock and back on normal. I play on keyboard so the front brake on normal is not really an option..
I'm the same with you playing with a keyboard is such a pain i wish macs had controllers
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

Normal, anti-lock should be banned for online IMO.
Dgl44

Post by Dgl44 »

jordanvert wrote:
Dgl44 wrote:I use front on anti-lock and back on normal. I play on keyboard so the front brake on normal is not really an option..
I'm the same with you playing with a keyboard is such a pain i wish macs had controllers
I'm on windows and I have a controller, but I don't like the feel of riding with it. So I stick to the keyboard. :)
No pain, No gain!
Gideon#67

Post by Gideon#67 »

500 front anti-lock 420 rear normal
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
jordanvert

Post by jordanvert »

Dgl44 wrote:I'm on windows and I have a controller, but I don't like the feel of riding with it. So I stick to the keyboard. :)
Really what kind of controller if it works on a mac i'll buy it off you! :mrgreen:
juicer731

Post by juicer731 »

jordanvert wrote:
I have a Mac and I use a controller all the time. Just download a the Mac driver from http://www.tattiebogle.net (click on projects>xbox 360 controller>Mac os x driver> drivers under downloads), then install it and plug in controller. Kinda sucks though because triggers don't work. :( But I have adjusted and gotten used to it. Hope this helps.
Dgl44

Post by Dgl44 »

jordanvert wrote:
Dgl44 wrote:I'm on windows and I have a controller, but I don't like the feel of riding with it. So I stick to the keyboard. :)
Really what kind of controller if it works on a mac i'll buy it off you! :mrgreen:
I doubt it works on a mac.. Saitek Rumble p3200. :D
No pain, No gain!
jordanvert

Post by jordanvert »

Dgl44 wrote:
jordanvert wrote:
I doubt it works on a mac.. Saitek Rumble p3200. :D
well if i found out if does are you willing to sell it?
Dgl44

Post by Dgl44 »

Really what kind of controller if it works on a mac i'll buy it off you! :mrgreen:[/quote]

I doubt it works on a mac.. Saitek Rumble p3200. :D[/quote]

well if i found out if does are you willing to sell it?[/quote]

Yeah I would, but you would probably pay a shitload of postage service, since I'm from Slovenia, Europe. :D
No pain, No gain!
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Nikhil wrote:Normal, anti-lock should be banned for online IMO.
Agreed. As well as stop wheelies, and autoshift. If I had my way, 3rd person as well. That would shake up the qualifying times and results a little bit.