2012-11-15 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Lo2Rider
Team: Privateer

Re: 2012-11-15 snapshot

Post by Lo2Rider »

I was wondering if there is any possibility, in game option, to load all the track texture at the beginning?

I mean, currently, while i'm riding on a track, the only part of the track which is totaly load is around me, the rest is fuzzy. This "clear zone" always follow the bike. It keep me to make use of this update. With the speed the track in front of me is not load yet.

Is there any way to fix it? The loading time would probably be a bit longer but it would make the track more beautiful :) .
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Increase the resolution
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I would think that is what it already does. I think it loads all base skins at the beginning then with the shaders it calculates that as you move? Right?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

jlv or dj, So I am reading that this is different than the normals and specs we use for models. First I created a normal map from my base texture by using the nDo plugin on photoshop as I have always done for models skins in the past. Next I go to channels tab and add another alpha channel at the bottom of the channels. This defaults black so I invert to white and my normal map goes back to how it usually looks (purplish blue). I then save it as the appropriate file. Next, I go back to my base texture again and flatten the image (desaturate). I usually just lower the opacity on this when I do specs for models, but I see that it uses a red and green channel only. If I remove the blue channel, it changes the texture to yellow. I know that specs are usually greyscale. Could someone please explain this better?
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Pumaxcs wrote:Well, in my little test run, used Round 4 and full settings (10/100/1024), loaded without shaders @222MB (Hardware/Copy) @317 (Shaders/Copy) so it isn't as bad of a jump as I thought it was. Since you said run /Direct if I could I thought I'd try it... @2117MB.
I just did /Copy and /Direct on 2012 Houston. I got 102 MB for both. Did you try /Copy and get 2000 MB again?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

You have to restart the game for changes to take place. Did you close the game after you changed?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

great update jlv, now we just need dynamic lightning :)

something put together very quicly:
does anybody knows how to solve that ugly effect on the edges of decals like in the last screenshot on the grass on the right side?

now a question:
how does the texture links work?
let's say i have:

banner_xxx.png
banner_xxx_norm.png
banner_xxx_spec.png

banner_yyy.png
banner_yyy_norm.png
banner_yyy_spec.png

banner_zzz.png
banner_zzz_norm.png
banner_zzz_spec.png

they all share the same normal and specular map but they have to be duplicated for every jm file, so i guess it would be a smart move to make them use the same.
i don't understand how to make it work..

thanx :)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

staydown wrote:jlv or dj, So I am reading that this is different than the normals and specs we use for models. First I created a normal map from my base texture by using the nDo plugin on photoshop as I have always done for models skins in the past. Next I go to channels tab and add another alpha channel at the bottom of the channels. This defaults black so I invert to white and my normal map goes back to how it usually looks (purplish blue). I then save it as the appropriate file. Next, I go back to my base texture again and flatten the image (desaturate). I usually just lower the opacity on this when I do specs for models, but I see that it uses a red and green channel only. If I remove the blue channel, it changes the texture to yellow. I know that specs are usually greyscale. Could someone please explain this better?
For the alpha channel, id handle it using a mask, or just deleting the excess.

The spec map is definitely different. It is still grayscale, but the sum of the channels will make the texture look like a funny colour. If you don't want to play with the channels, just make the grayscale image like you normally would, then put a pure red layer (255 0 0) over the top, and set it to multiply. Then make your hardness layer ( which used to be just alpha ) by making another grayscale image. Then put a pure green layer over the top of it, set it to multiply, then merge. Now, set that layer to multiply, so the layers merge their channels. You can then merge those layers. The spec map needs the same alpha as your colour texture and normal map.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Actually, that last step would make it black. You need to screen the merged green layer over the merged red layer. I think. Not on a computer right now
Lo2Rider

Post by Lo2Rider »

DJ99X wrote:Increase the resolution
It will just load a bigger zone around the bike? Right? The risk is a lag increase. I have a good computer but not good enough for full resolution.
I was thinking about loading the all track and the all texture while black loading screen. Before you begin to ride. Don't know at all if something like that is possible. Just was thinking that, if it is, it would be nice.
staydown

Post by staydown »

DJ: I did what you said took 1 a greyscale image with a red layer multiplied over it, and got another greyscale image with a green layer multiplied over it, and then multiplied them together. It gave me a full black image. What the heck am I doing wrong, haha
staydown

Post by staydown »

sry, I was writing while you posted
staydown

Post by staydown »

what do you mean by screen?...
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

It's a setting like multiply
Lo2Rider wrote:
DJ99X wrote:Increase the resolution
It will just load a bigger zone around the bike? Right? The risk is a lag increase. I have a good computer but not good enough for full resolution.
I was thinking about loading the all track and the all texture while black loading screen. Before you begin to ride. Don't know at all if something like that is possible. Just was thinking that, if it is, it would be nice.
So, you think loading more textures will be better than loading a higher resolution? Riiiiiight
Lo2Rider

Post by Lo2Rider »

I don't know... This is why i'm asking. Maybe "texture" is not the good word to explain what i was thinking about. Was just asking if loading the all track at the beginning could have been better than loading little part of it while riding. Your irony gave me the answer.