What do i need to get good graphics?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
doopnap
Team: Privateer

What do i need to get good graphics?

Post by doopnap »

I just bought MX Simulator but my graphics are nothing like what i see all over this site and youtube most likely because i own a crappy laptop. ill be honest, i know next to nothing about computer hardware and i was just wondering if someone could tell me where to start to get decent graphics. If i were to go to best buy or future shop, would a basic desktop be good enough? or am i looking at having to spend an arm and a leg for all this crazy hardware? any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Tomasunas102

Re: What do i need to get good graphics?

Post by Tomasunas102 »

Go to ibuypower.com and start messing around with everything they have there. They have pretty much everything you need for any type of build you could think of. When you're building something it also shows you the graphics at which you could run a certain game at.
bdownen323 wrote:Where do I buy this game? It looks fun.
FMXIAN
Team: Star Island Motors

Post by FMXIAN »

Tomasunas102 wrote:Go to ibuypower.com and start messing around with everything they have there. They have pretty much everything you need for any type of build you could think of. When you're building something it also shows you the graphics at which you could run a certain game at.
Please don't do this. Buying a pre-built computer like iBuyPower or Alienware is one of the biggest wastes of money you can possibly do. To start off, your going to want a Desktop computer, laptops that will run this game well are pre-built and manufacturers usually jack up the price several hundred percent. Building a gaming PC is really mucg simpler than it sounds, you dont even need any tools most of the time save it a screwdriver and some thermal paste. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube on how to build them and honestly, you will get WAY mor bang for your buck. Here is my build, and it cost me under 1000 dollars for everything (monitor and keyboard included.)

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Publi ... r=26314847

To be honest this setup is OVERKILL for a game like MXS. This is a setup that plays all modern games on Ultra with decent framerates. Do a little research man, you will be thankful for it in the end.
Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.
doopnap

Post by doopnap »

okay thanks, only thing is, ill litteraly only be using the computer for mxs.... im not a gamer. so spending 800 on a computer for one game isnt really in my budget. theres no cheaper route to go? i contacted a guy who is selling a "HP Compaq AMD 64x2 3800 Dual Core Media movie computer" with ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card for $150... i dont know what any of this means. anyone know if this would do? i only want this to keep me sane untill riding season starts. haha
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Having a dedicated card would be nice. If you can get us anymore specs on that PC or if you are also in the market for a laptop, mine I got from NewEgg could run MXS and other games only cost me $500. MXS doesn't require crazy expensive things to run, to run and look like the guys who do videos you will need something nice but just to play the game it isn't needed.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
FMXIAN

Post by FMXIAN »

doopnap wrote:okay thanks, only thing is, ill litteraly only be using the computer for mxs.... im not a gamer. so spending 800 on a computer for one game isnt really in my budget. theres no cheaper route to go? i contacted a guy who is selling a "HP Compaq AMD 64x2 3800 Dual Core Media movie computer" with ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card for $150... i dont know what any of this means. anyone know if this would do? i only want this to keep me sane untill riding season starts. haha
A Radeon 5450 would be fine if all you're doing is MXS, you have room to upgrade to a better card further down the line as well. Does it include the monitor and keyboard?
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Tomasunas102 wrote:Go to ibuypower.com and start messing around with everything they have there. They have pretty much everything you need for any type of build you could think of. When you're building something it also shows you the graphics at which you could run a certain game at.
doopnap

Post by doopnap »

A Radeon 5450 would be fine if all you're doing is MXS, you have room to upgrade to a better card further down the line as well. Does it include the monitor and keyboard?[/quote]

No, its just the tower.
doopnap

Post by doopnap »

Pumaxcs wrote:Having a dedicated card would be nice. If you can get us anymore specs on that PC or if you are also in the market for a laptop, mine I got from NewEgg could run MXS and other games only cost me $500. MXS doesn't require crazy expensive things to run, to run and look like the guys who do videos you will need something nice but just to play the game it isn't needed.
Yea, i sill play it, but its frustrating because it looks like im playing super nintendo or something. heres the link to the ad for that computer. http://norfolk.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z461823707
Tomasunas102

Post by Tomasunas102 »

FMXIAN wrote:
Please don't do this. Buying a pre-built computer like iBuyPower or Alienware is one of the biggest wastes of money you can possibly do. To start off, your going to want a Desktop computer, laptops that will run this game well are pre-built and manufacturers usually jack up the price several hundred percent. Building a gaming PC is really mucg simpler than it sounds, you dont even need any tools most of the time save it a screwdriver and some thermal paste. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube on how to build them and honestly, you will get WAY mor bang for your buck. Here is my build, and it cost me under 1000 dollars for everything (monitor and keyboard included.)

To be honest this setup is OVERKILL for a game like MXS. This is a setup that plays all modern games on Ultra with decent framerates. Do a little research man, you will be thankful for it in the end.
I didn't mean buy a pre-built...
Tomasunas102

Post by Tomasunas102 »

Tomasunas102 wrote:
FMXIAN wrote:

I didn't mean buy a pre-built...
Sorry DP but I get what you mean by pre-built now. My noob mistake :oops:
Holden#48

Post by Holden#48 »

sigh... Sorry for the brutal honesty here, but:

This is a piece of crap: http://norfolk.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z461823707

(Sorry to the guy who built this, but,) the motherboard and SSD are crap (power supply is alright): http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Publi ... r=26314847
Guaranteed to fail in 6 months to a year.
(The other parts are respectable, however. Love me some ASUS monitors)

If you're looking for a desktop, I can recommend a nice build for a good price. If you're looking for a laptop, I also have a few recommendations.

I should add that I don't work for any company and I don't bring in a profit from any of this. I love helping people build their computers/look for nice laptops, and consequently, absolutely hate seeing people mess them up. I don't claim to be an expert, per se, but I've been in computer repair/IT for awhile now. I see which parts succeed and fail (big time).
FMXIAN

Post by FMXIAN »

Holden#48 wrote: (Sorry to the guy who built this, but,) the motherboard and SSD are crap (power supply is alright): http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Publi ... r=26314847
Guaranteed to fail in 6 months to a year.
(The other parts are respectable, however. Love me some ASUS monitors)
This is a mid-range build that was meant to run games on ultra for under 1000 dollars. You certainly COULD upgrade the Mobo and SSD, but in doing so the price would break the limit. For the price these two are offered they are the best on the market, I have always run MSI mobos in my builds and have never had any problems with them even with strenuous OC'ing. I'm not sure what your experience with MSI is but I suggest you give them another try, these parts have withstood the test of time well past the 6 month mark.
Holden#48

Post by Holden#48 »

FMXIAN wrote:This is a mid-range build that was meant to run games on ultra for under 1000 dollars. You certainly COULD upgrade the Mobo and SSD, but in doing so the price would break the limit. For the price these two are offered they are the best on the market, I have always run MSI mobos in my builds and have never had any problems with them even with strenuous OC'ing. I'm not sure what your experience with MSI is but I suggest you give them another try, these parts have withstood the test of time well past the 6 month mark.
Guess I should have clarified. Wasn't saying their performance was crap, just their reliability. We get ADATA drives in at work all the time that have just failed miserably (and Patriot, and OCZ, Kingston...). We see a lot of MSI boards failing as well. Although, I haven't seen any newer model MSI boards in recently, so I'll give you that. However, they are cheaper, and with computer parts you really end up getting what you paid for. (Rosewill... *shutters*)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I had a Rosewill power supply literally blow up. There was a flash and a crackle and just like that my motherboard was fried.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.