setting

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
toonys66
Team: Privateer

setting

Post by toonys66 »

hello, i come to ask a bit of advice about setting, indeed, we always see topics on this but nobody really answer at it. like if they want to hide it. the aim of the game is try to pass, make block pass....with everyone and the most at possible, but if it s too dificult a lot will stop riding, like you can see there are no so much people connecting riding online, not often more than 20. it ll be great at 40 on the line. anyway, even if it s like simulation and i love it , i am a bie loose on setting and i ll like asking advice like i do when i go riding race in motocross (the only thing is that in real i do not have the slow damping factor... and all this word that i don t reall understand especially because i m for another country).
fiirst when i see this crazy video of mx mittocs, we can see him getting out of a corner full gaz keep a little sliding but it does not fall of, me i ride for the moment at 50% stability when i i get out of a turn, if i accelarate a lot to pass a big triple or something like this, it just slide all over so i can never put full gaz! any advice???
after when i try whip my bike stay more or less flat, but on the video the guy go front up really and after a big nosedive whip??? any advice on the setting, because my bike doesn t balance like this??
finally any advice on setting when you put down stability for the rider not to fall that much on a sharp turn (supercross type) because he loose equilibrum??
and maybe a little help for suspension??
thanks sorry for all this questions
hhope i get helpfull answer
anyway this game is great but i was lost and frustrate for this even if i know we must practice, btu some settign can be very helpful!
Mikey

Re: setting

Post by Mikey »

i had this probem but i just sat down and it would step out and you could kinda turn the lean the oppo direction and it would kinda like powerslide and it would be all sweet.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
yomo

Post by yomo »

OK ive posted this exact thing a few times but i think it is true and does help :D

so...

Ok here is what i would do if I were you

1. Set up so that the left analog stick controls steering (left and right as well as lean back and forwards)
2. Set up right stick so forwards is throttle and backwards is braking (braking isnt too important because you can set antilock brakes... just makes sense really, i wish i did but its too hard for me to change habits now ahaha)
3. Set suspension to within close values of stock. (I personally use 60/50 for front and 40/40 for back (in order of compression/rebound) but just make sure it is within values of stock)
4. Gearing I use -2,2 but i only ride super cross so for motocross maybe add 1 or 2 to the back
5. Learn to use 1st person... most fast people (excluding mittocs cos hes just a freak use 1st person and it is a Sim so may as well use the "correct view")

As for the rest of your controls i have found it easy to go up and down gears by click in the relevant sticks downwards (ie L3) but again personal preference (oh yeah make sure to do manual shifting... IMO only way to be fast))

As for stability i ride on 19 Ive found that to be absolutely perfect for me... but to start maybe try at 60 and just practice (BTW the bike acts more realistically the lower you go as there isnt these imagination forces trying to hold you up)

Again most important... Practice correctly...
Don't try to whip initially,
Don't try to hit every jump
Don't try to go flat around the corners

What i tried to do initially was start at say 80 stability and do 5 clean laps around X1B (Don't try to do it around hard tracks, i know they look better but if you discipline yourself you'll get better 100 times faster) then when i could do that go down to 70 and do the same. I think i did this until i got to about 30 which took me a fair while. I just stayed there and have only gone down to 19 in the last few weeks as i was trying to push to hard and i couldn't go into the corners fast enough.

Obviously have a go at all the tracks and have some fun whipping, play online etc... but most of the time until you get to say 40 stability just stick to the stock tracks...

Few tips:
1. Try riding with/with out the lean indicator. Seems to help some people ride faster
2. MANUAL SHIFTING IF NOT ALREADY
3. Using controller to control throttle and lean
4. DO NOT OVER USE LEAN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably the biggest thing i see people do is on every single jump (especially SX) is to lean back on every single jump they hit. And almost every time i see them awkwardly leaning to 1 side, nose up in the air, leaning to one side slightly... just looking like a retard
There is absolutely no need to lean back on most of the jumps... just control your throttle by letting off the gas before the up ramp and then powering up the entire ramp. The only time i will lean back is on a jump where i have to be 100% throttle up the entire run up and ramp and revving the bike out (IE the bike is making no more power) Only jumps i really do this on is on the rhythm after the big triple on Kawasaki test track. When you triple and then quad and you have to be flat out to make it.
Just watch the A grade races (Mind you i have not watched one this season (too busy ) and i am confident that almost all of them do not lean back on jumps)

Honestly initially i think everyone should lean to play with no lean back... Only start to use it when you get fast and you need that little bit of traction when braking or to make that huge rhythm section that you just cant quite get)

Ok i hope that helps some people PM if any more questions.
(BTW to anyone wondering why i spent 30 mins writing all of that... my computer just died so i cant play MXS )
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Weight transition is very important. You transition your weight in this game by leanign forward/backward and by sitting (much like real life). WHEN you choose to lean forward and/or sit is very important in this game.

When forward/backward leaning was new to this game, I experimented with keeping sit as the forward direction on my control pad. IN other words, I experimented with wether leaning forward was more effective then just sitting. I came to the conclusion that leaning forward was MUCH more effective.

A few weeks later I finally added sitting into my control setup. Now that I"ve learned to use it, leaning forward AND sitting is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more effective then just one or the other.

Much of this game is practice practice practice. It gets more fun the more you practice.

For suspension, but your compression numbers between 30 and 50, and your rebound numbers between 70 and 90. Experiment with different balances (lower compression in the rear for example) to see what suits you the best.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

thanks a lot guys for all your help, i ll try all this, and take even more informations if other rider have different experience!!!!
maybe mittocs could give any tips or secret???? that ll be great!!!!!!
yomo

Post by yomo »

toonys66 wrote:thanks a lot guys for all your help, i ll try all this, and take even more informations if other rider have different experience!!!!
maybe mittocs could give any tips or secret???? that ll be great!!!!!!
He did give 1 tip that i think every good rider around here uses

Ride naked
:roll: