Controller / stability set up

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
JordanDryer#116
Team: Dryer Bro's Racing

Controller / stability set up

Post by JordanDryer#116 »

My Xbox controller dose not work the way I want it to. I have to keep hitting left / right (over and over) on the joystick just to go straight. Someone told me it could have something to do with my advanced stability setting, if so what is a recommended setting? or could it have something to do with my deadzone?
Jordan Dryer #116 Dryer Bro's Racing
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Controller / stability set up

Post by jlv »

If it's always pulling the same way you need to calibrate the controller.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JordanDryer#116

ive tweaked alot of settings and it has improved some. i can at least go straight and almost make it around a track slowly and without too many crashes. but how would i calibrate my controller? (i could run it with "xpadder" and see if that helps)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Post by MotardMatt220 »

How old is the controller? if calibrating does not fix it the problem maybe that the servo for the thumbstick might be worn and knackered
JordanDryer#116

its new "ish" like 3 months old but we play alot of 1st person shooters so yea they get "crosseyed" lol
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I think what you are describing is just how this "simulator" works. Its not like MX vs. ATV where if you want to turn you hold the stick left, no you go left then back to center and you will keep turning and then to stop turning you have to go right.

I bet if you go up a bit on your main stability slider it will help you get a feel for it, I would start around 60 or higher. If you can't ride straight yet then you do not have any need to go in adv. stability for anything, you aren't good enough to benefit from tweaks in there.
JordanDryer#116

i was starting to think that but i calibrated my controller and i can def go around almost any track. my controller was pulling hard to the left thats why i had to keep hitting left and right. but i got it down now. thx for the help