Help with tabletops

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
prelton23

Help with tabletops

Post by prelton23 »

Basically I'm not a noob, well I'm like borderline noob/amateur, but there's one thing I struggle with which is doing on off table tops because I always clip the following jump instead of clearing it cleanly, which then either makes me crash or not be able to clear the next part of the section as my momentum has screwed up.

I see the pros do it like easy, can anyone recommend me a setup or what to do so I can jump of table tops.

Please don't say practice because I try it 100 times and I do it good once, by luck.

Many thanks.
FALETTI480
Team: | POGO |

Re: Help with tabletops

Post by FALETTI480 »

practice... maybe when you land on the step on sit down to preload the suspension.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Honestly it is practice, practice equals better corner speed which helps to get you over the step offs. This week imparticular are a lot harder to get off of compared to any other week. If you are talking about this week, try tripling over the first step on step off.
prelton23

Post by prelton23 »

FALETTI480 wrote:practice... maybe when you land on the step on sit down to preload the suspension.
What and then stand up just before I come off or just sit all the way? Then lean back?

And in reply to the other one I also find it hard to do triples out of corners because I cant get enough corner speed, but I also cannot do the triple before the end of this weeks track when I take the inside line, although I hit it perfectly sometimes but I still cant double, triple, single. I must have a bad setup or something because surely doing that double then triple is easy?
prelton23

Post by prelton23 »

FALETTI480 wrote:practice... maybe when you land on the step on sit down to preload the suspension.
What and then stand up just before I come off or just sit all the way? Then lean back?

And in reply to the other one I also find it hard to do triples out of corners because I cant get enough corner speed, but I also cannot do the triple before the end of this weeks track when I take the inside line, although I hit it perfectly sometimes but I still cant double, triple, single. I must have a bad setup or something because surely doing that double then triple is easy?
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

I have never sat down to get preload. Most of the time if I really need to get the pop I will seat bounce with a little forward back to get a pop. Try searching for vanderlees setup, he posted them not too long ago. (on phone or I would) corner speed makes all the difference in this game.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

When you land on the table and are getting set to step off, pull back and then push forward to gain lift to get you over the landing without clipping.
prelton23

Post by prelton23 »

ddmx wrote:When you land on the table and are getting set to step off, pull back and then push forward to gain lift to get you over the landing without clipping.
Hey yeah I tried that and I literally nose dive like dramatically. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

prelton23 wrote:
ddmx wrote:When you land on the table and are getting set to step off, pull back and then push forward to gain lift to get you over the landing without clipping.
Hey yeah I tried that and I literally nose dive like dramatically. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

I do forward back forward I guess now that I think of it. Try that maybe.
prelton23

Post by prelton23 »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:
prelton23 wrote:

I do forward back forward I guess now that I think of it. Try that maybe.
Yeah much better even doing forward then back really. I also tried a new setup and its giving me a bit more lift so think I'ma stick at it and practice some more maybe ill get the technique nailed soon enough.

Many thanks