Get Fast Quick and Easy - Guide

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Robert196

Get Fast Quick and Easy - Guide

Post by Robert196 »

Hi, many of you may know me and many of you may not know me, but I am Robert Nash. I was a professional MX Sim player for many years then recently have been taking a break from the game since it just wasn't my top priority. Lately I have been getting lots of questions about "Dude, how do you go so fast?" and all of my settings and all of that. So today I got bored and decided to give everyone, old and new, tips based on how I got fast on MX Simulator.

1. Get a controller. Do it.
This one may be simple for most of you, but getting a controller is the most essential part of this game. I have talked to a lot of people who say "Yeah, i have a controller, but I'm slower on it." Well, you may be slower at the moment, but once you get used to it and have a few days under your belt, you will quickly find your laptimes start to drop.

2. First or Third Person?
Choosing between first and third person really is all about preference. There are many pro's on here who win playing first person and many who win on third. I find first to be more useful since I can see the front end and where it is going, but other people find it more useful to see around them in third person. If you didn't know that MXS had third person, simply hit the tab key. However, DO NOT switch between the two. Pick one and stick with it.

3. Setup
Setup has three different meaning in this option, first being your controller setup, (if you listened to rule #1) second being your advanced stability setup and third being your suspension setup.

Controller Setup: Much like first and third person, your controller setup is completely customized towards your own preference. However, I STRONGLY recommend having the gas and brake on PROGRESSIVE TRIGGERS/DUAL STICKS. Having progressive inputs to the gas and brake are essential to even playing the game. This just means that you can progressively add on the power or the brake. If you have an Xbox controller, don't worry about this. Some controllers don't come with this, and you will need to search to find out.

Advanced Stab Setup: For your advanced setup, I do not recommend the stock settings. They were made for keyboard and since you’re playing with a controller, I think you should use an advanced setup made for a controller. These can be found in many places on the forums. Once you find a setup that you think you like, DO NOT CHANGE IT. Leave it where it is, adapt to it, and figure out how to work with it. A common mistake made with the advanced settings is stability. I used to find myself arguing about who had the lower stability. Stability DOESN’T MATTER. All stability does is change the stock settings. Set it to 0 and then put in your advanced settings, that way if you do find yourself in a stability argument and don’t feel like explaining, you’ll win.

Suspension Setup: For your suspension setup, there actually are good and bad settings. However, I’m far from a suspension expert. In fact, when I was fast at this game I made other people (Peter Leik) make my setups for me. Luckily for you guys, I did make my own setups the year I won my 250 East Championship. These setups include my advanced and my bike setup. They can be found here.

4. Riding
This is the easiest, right? Sorry, no. Riding is not only the most difficult to do, but it’s the most difficult to explain. Everyone has their own style in MXS just like everyone does in the real world, so I can’t just tell you what to do. I do, however, have some tips:

Master the Stock Tracks – You MUST be able to do this before you even read more of this guide. These tracks are the easiest in the entire game. (Apart from the drag strip) Once you can do laps without crashing, it’s time to boost your speed.

Get Around the SX Tracks – Notice the “Get Around”? Yes. Do not go fast. All you need to do is double everything. Once you can do that, try to triple and so on. It may seem like a lengthy process, but it sure is a hell of a lot better than crashing by trying the quad-five every section. Work your way up to speed, don’t go balls out thinking you’re a pro, because trust me, you’re not.

Get Around the MX Tracks – Go download some of the nationals or GP’s used in the past. These are the roughest and I think most challenging tracks in the game. The braking bumps will force you to think, the jumps will force you to judge speed and the corners will provide a challenge. Just like SX, go slow at first and try to not crash, then work your way up.

!!!!Do Enduro!!!! – Robert, this is MOTOCROSS simulator, what are you talking about doing enduro for? It’s simple. Enduro tracks on this game are hands down the hardest. They teach you how the bike reacts to many different things, all in one track. If you can master the enduro side of the game, all you need to do after that is collect your wins. This was my secret for all my years. I’ve probably put more hours into doing laps around the Sorketorp Enduro tracks than anything else. This boosted my confidence and for sure boosted my bike control. If you’re only going to do one thing off this guide, make it this one.

5. Go Fast
Now that you know how to, you just need to do it. You won’t get fast overnight in this game, it’s just impossible. Be patient. It took many of us years to get even close to a pro level. Even if you don’t want to go pro, doing this will make the game 100 times more enjoyable. It gives you something to work towards. If you find yourself starting to get mad at the game, take a break. When I used to tryhard for all the races to get a hotlap and I’d get mad, I’d go watch a one-hour episode of Top Gear then come back and pull out the fastest lap of the week. (Until Jeremy would beat it) Most of all, have fun with the game. Don’t force yourself to play it. It’s all for fun.

Hopefully some of this will help someone. If anyone else has anything to add, please post it below. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I’ll answer as fast as I can.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Re: Get Fast Quick and Easy - Guide

Post by Burkeen820 »

Heres a quicker more painful way: get hurt irl=more sim time
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Burkeen820 wrote:Heres a quicker more painful way: get hurt irl=more sim time
or just put a ton of time in the game...it will come around sooner or later
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
MX SIM RIDER
Team: MotoCrew

Post by MX SIM RIDER »

not bad Robert :) this will help my borther :wink:
Tommy Chraig # 35.
PRO Emf Rider
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Sounds good, may try that.

Really good and accurate tips Robert!
Craig

Post by Craig »

Even better do not bother with whatever Robert said its probs wrong anyways just use your gas and dont use your break #EZ
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

We need a follow-up quitters guide.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Having a suspension wizard as a team mate does help. I haz the best mx setup. Tank u Peta.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:We need a follow-up quitters guide.
This will be coming soon.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

hey nash, i think a guide on ''how not to kill goons when they punt you or goes from left to right on the track'' would be appreciated !!
Phil Doyon #423
Connor Severance
Team: Premium MotoSpodes

Post by Connor Severance »

For suspension it helped me too move one slider up 1 the other down vice versa all the way down the list, going with the more comfortable options. Leclair told me to try this and it helped me make a sweet gp suspension maybe it will help someone. Same with advanced. Will help you figure out what each setting does.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Connor Severance wrote:For suspension it helped me too move one slider up 1 the other down vice versa all the way down the list, going with the more comfortable options. Leclair told me to try this and it helped me make a sweet gp suspension maybe it will help someone. Same with advanced. Will help you figure out what each setting does.
If I wanted to modify my pogo stick, I would contact miss Leclair.
Prydz
Team: Privateer

Post by Prydz »

1 thing to also take into consideration is FOV.
The lower FOV you use, the slower the game will feel.
typicly a human's FOV when in focus is like... 70-90
motochris192

Post by motochris192 »

Prydz wrote:1 thing to also take into consideration is FOV.
The lower FOV you use, the slower the game will feel.
typicly a human's FOV when in focus is like... 70-90
Except do NOT play with that FOV in game... I play at 114 and have worked my way down from 130 LOL