Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Re: Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post by aeffertz »

Yamaha285 wrote:Did anyone else laugh while reading this shit?? This guy deserves a random rant each week! Like what really grinds my gears with RSmithDRIFT. I would read all of them. Just saying

He wrote a short novel on the subject here. :lol:

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38984
RSmithDRIFT
Team: Privateer

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

I started playing this in demo mode back in september... then bought the game in november. Bought an x360 controller over the logitech one to see if that helped (it did a little) back in december.

Yes I was highly frustrated and pissed when I posted it but that's just how bad this game gets to me. Like I just cant even anymore. I want it to be right so badly but it just keeps proving to me that it's not.

I was at my ropes end a few weeks ago. I stretched that mofo. I'm just done. I give up. I'll always suck at this game because it doesnt behave the way I want/expect it to for it to be realistic.

I'm willing to give a little on physics accuracy for the sake of playability, but not if it is what's making it unplayable.

I'm a car sim physics developer. I know the difference between impossibly difficult because of it's flawed attempts at realism and actually being difficult. You know sometimes it's just not that difficult in real life. Harder =/= more realistic. Usually it means somethings wrong. Because real world ability and understanding should apply and make the learning curve almost non existent if the game is accurate.
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

And I love Reflex but hate that it's grossly wrong with the way the bike handles in the turns. But it handles jumps and whoops etc exactly the way I expect and want it to for an accurate replication of real riding. They just make the bike way too light and it feels like flinging a mtb around over the jumps with the lightweight chasis upgrade. That's why I dont use that.

Sim mode handles the turns perfect in this game. But goes to shit on the straights and arcade mode handles the jumps perfect but goes to shit in the turns so bad it's unuseable.
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:Sim mode handles the turns perfect in this game. But goes to shit on the straights
But goes to shit on the straights
¿qué?
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

MaicoBreako wrote:
RSmithDRIFT wrote:Sim mode handles the turns perfect in this game. But goes to shit on the straights
¿qué?
Well, for one it's impossible to hold the bike going straight. It's constantly veering to the left or right and will take off on your ass and if your anywhere near a jump when it happens your a gonner. And the jumps throw the bike around so violently that it's impossible to ride consistently. One approach will have you sent into a backflip and the next into a front flip and the time after that you'll go into some bizzare inverted whip you cant get out of and land crooked and spin out and die upon landing or just miss thelanding all together. Every approach using exactly the same technique. Just the physics are so out of control that it gets crazy. Real bikes cant back flip off a dragons back...
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

yzmxer608 wrote:What are you using for stability? Sounds like a very very stiff setting to emulate the arcade mode.
I'd still like to know what you're using for stability. It has a drastic effect on how the bike feels using different settings.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

Are you sure you're playing MX Sim? I have never seen or experienced the instability you speak of.
jlv wrote:
I shit you not!
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:I'm a car sim physics developer.
What sim?
AUS_yzman
Team: AUS

Post by AUS_yzman »

You dont get a refund because you dont like the game (thats what the demo is for try b4 you buy). All the problems you describe indicate you need to learn or work on how to setup your suspension and stability, once you get a good base the game is so much easier but the key is set it up how you like it not just blindly copy a pro,s setup
AUS_yzman
Team: AUS

Post by AUS_yzman »

Phathry25 wrote:
What sim?
Looks like he made a drift mod for Rfactor

https://www.gofundme.com/j3m3bv78
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

If you are bad at playing your own mod will you demand a refund from yourself and write fallacy filled rants?
jlv wrote:
I shit you not!
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

AUS_yzman wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:
What sim?
Looks like he made a drift mod for Rfactor

https://www.gofundme.com/j3m3bv78
Fuck me if that isn't arrogance I don't know what is. That was painful to read.
Donate if you like My Creations
reu53d
Team: Penis pilots

Post by reu53d »

is this for real? Have you ever actually ridden a dirt bike on any time of off road racing surface??? You think it sharder then real life????? Go run your lap time on a replica track... is this fucking serious!? This game is 100's times more realistic then any other moto game and it had no big financial backing from THQ or activision... SUCK MY BALLS is what i say to this thread....Just put em in your outh and suck em.. do do do do
reu53d
Team: Penis pilots

Post by reu53d »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
MaicoBreako wrote:
¿qué?
Well, for one it's impossible to hold the bike going straight. It's constantly veering to the left or right and will take off on your ass and if your anywhere near a jump when it happens your a gonner. And the jumps throw the bike around so violently that it's impossible to ride consistently. One approach will have you sent into a backflip and the next into a front flip and the time after that you'll go into some bizzare inverted whip you cant get out of and land crooked and spin out and die upon landing or just miss thelanding all together. Every approach using exactly the same technique. Just the physics are so out of control that it gets crazy. Real bikes cant back flip off a dragons back...

really they cant??? if you turn the throttle as hard as you can going up a dragons back.. like how you mash the trigger in sim, the bike will do a back flip you just wont be on it anymore because youd loop out before you got to the top, and try leaning over and going off a jump and tell me how that ends for you, if you still have use of your arms... this is so ignorant i cant take it.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Ohagan75 wrote:
Fuck me if that isn't arrogance I don't know what is. That was painful to read.
Everyone wants a damn hand out, no one wants to work for anything anymore.