Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
m121c

Re: Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post by m121c »

How am I not surprised one bit. :lol:
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I would legit donate to a go fund me for him and his friends to learn how to use a freaking camera after watching that video. ITS FOR ALL OF OUR SAKE!
bob117

Post by bob117 »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
MaicoBreako wrote:
RSmithDRIFT wrote:Sim mode handles the turns perfect in this game. But goes to shit on the straights
But goes to shit on the straights
¿qué?
Well, for one it's impossible to hold the bike going straight. It's constantly veering to the left or right and will take off on your ass and if your anywhere near a jump when it happens your a gonner. And the jumps throw the bike around so violently that it's impossible to ride consistently. One approach will have you sent into a backflip and the next into a front flip and the time after that you'll go into some bizzare inverted whip you cant get out of and land crooked and spin out and die upon landing or just miss thelanding all together. Every approach using exactly the same technique. Just the physics are so out of control that it gets crazy. Real bikes cant back flip off a dragons back...
everything you say all just points back to the fact that you suck, not that the game is broken. my bike will track in a straight line, reacts very predictable over jumps and so on. yes sometimes i make mistakes, sometimes it seems like i didnt do anything wrong, but all the shit that goes wrong for me happens in real life too. sooo.

and you might think your using the same technique every time, but theres a lot of factors that are coming into play that your not noticing. like where you are in the powerband. if your over revving clearly the bike will react difrent than if your bogging. and so on. plus the fact that you dont always want to be doing the same technique always. it depends on all the other factors of whats going on. just like in real life.

basically you need to stop being a crybaby and accept that its not the games fault, its yours. and work on it and get better.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I have one questions that I think I probably already know the answer to... do you support Bernie Sanders?
callm3dub

Post by callm3dub »

m121c wrote:I have one questions that I think I probably already know the answer to... do you support Bernie Sanders?
This made me laugh out loud.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

AUS_yzman wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:
RSmithDRIFT wrote:I'm a car sim physics developer.
What sim?
Looks like he made a drift mod for Rfactor

https://www.gofundme.com/j3m3bv78
Very curious to see which one. Hope he shares. :)
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Shoot, that backfired. His FFB mod has a higher rating than any of my mods. :(
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Realfactor is my all inclusive s13 and ae86 blueprinted physics ffb and tires included. I dont do 3d work. I keep all this stuff niche for the last couple years because, honestly it's better than anything that's ever been released by anyone, sony and microsoft included. And I dont feel like doing all the hard work to make it apply to all the rest of the cars to make a full game out of it for free. As you saw by my go fund me attempt, I dont have the funds to buy the licence to the isi gmotor 2 engine (rfactor) so i just put it on an eternal back burner. I have the only cars I care to have made so I dont honestly care to go any further. I just keep working on the tires slowly for my own enjoyment.

And yall keep asking about my stability setup, so I know it'll just arouse more questions but I dont care. After much trial and error I've discovered this to be the best (yes I've tried several different pro setups directly and this works 10x better for me) like I said, with this setup it handles turns beautifully and I actually have no problems on nationals tracks. But I cant get down a supercross straight to save my life.
leveling=100.000000
roll_damping=50.000000
roll_limit_angle=0.000000
roll_limit_factor=0.000000
steering_damping=50.000000
steering_strength=95.000000
max_steering_force=750.000000
direct_steering=1.000000
slow_damping_speed=40.000000
slow_damping_factor=1.500000
land_damping_falloff=0.062500
land_damping_factor=2.000000
full_lock_speed=1.000000
restricted_lock_speed=40.000000
restricted_lock=5.000000
arcade=No
front_brake=Normal
rear_brake=Normal
stop_wheelies=No
auto_shift=Yes
auto_dab=Yes
auto_align=No
sticky_dab=No
reverse_steering=Yes
lean_indicator=No
auto_clutch_rpms=5000.000000
brake_torque=450.000000
rear_brake_torque=300.000000
max_dab_speed=20.000000
front_sprocket_adjustment=-2.000000
rear_sprocket_adjustment=2.000000
fork_compression_adjustment=75.000000
fork_slow_compression_adjustment=55.000000
fork_rebound_adjustment=75.000000
fork_slow_rebound_adjustment=65.000000
fork_spring_rate_adjustment=55.000000
fork_preload_adjustment=45.000000
fork_oil_level_adjustment=50.000000
shock_compression_adjustment=65.000000
shock_slow_compression_adjustment=45.000000
shock_rebound_adjustment=65.000000
shock_slow_rebound_adjustment=55.000000
shock_spring_rate_adjustment=45.000000
shock_preload_adjustment=55.000000
rider_yspring=100.000000
rider_ydamping=50.000000
rider_zspring=100.000000
rider_zdamping=50.000000
rider_mass_distribution=0.500000
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

I also worked with niels sorlie on the fredrick aasbo supra mod's phyiscs model. The slip curve itself is mine as well as inertia values and some other suspension geometry works It was so long ago I forget which. I also have a separate hdv/pm file for the car I made after it's release which fixes it's max lock wheel wobble bug. I got up to 75* of angle out of it glitch free. Maybe you know that one... It was fairly popular.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:And yall keep asking about my stability setup, so I know it'll just arouse more questions but I dont care. After much trial and error I've discovered this to be the best (yes I've tried several different pro setups directly and this works 10x better for me) like I said, with this setup it handles turns beautifully and I actually have no problems on nationals tracks. But I cant get down a supercross straight to save my life.

leveling=100.000000 < HOLY FUCKIN BALLS.
roll_damping=50.000000 < this is ok.
roll_limit_angle=0.000000 <Are you retarded?
roll_limit_factor=0.000000 <!?!?!?!?!?
steering_damping=50.000000 <Y SO HIGH?
steering_strength=95.000000 <ok
max_steering_force=750.000000 <slow but whatever.
direct_steering=1.000000 <Good work, you got something that works well.
slow_damping_speed=40.000000< Bit low but manageable
slow_damping_factor=1.500000 <Again, a bit low.
land_damping_falloff=0.062500 <Too low
land_damping_factor=2.000000 <Bit high
full_lock_speed=1.000000< CHRIST.
restricted_lock_speed=40.000000 <Meh.
restricted_lock=5.000000 <AYYYYYY ON THE MONEY.
Your advanced stability is your issue. 110%.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I'm such a highly skilled driver that everyone tells me how amazing I'd be in a proper drift car,
am known for creating the most realistic physics model to date
Everything I sim works in real life the same way and I can do it.
Wow, this guy is really confident.

I know from my sim just how much my car is holding me back. All I need is the opportunity of having a worthy car and my drift life would be taken to whole new level to the point of the possibility of a career with it becoming a possibility
Sounds to me like he just needs a bit of Tickle's money...
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Please Try This.

1. Take a break from jerking off to this R Factor simulator.
2. Try finding a good setup from someone in the community, not create your own that feels right. Why? Because 100 leveling isn't how this game is meant to be played and you should stop trying to get comfortable with that setup NOW.
3. Give it a year or so, you have to understand that being bad at this game makes the physics not feel that good. It's only once you can flow around a track that you will begin to see how nice riding feels once you are mistake free. (Just look at the Pro RF races and see how good all those riders utilize the physics)
4. Try not to adjust your setup. Everybody gets caught adjusting stuff thinking there's a setup that will immediately make them fast, but there isn't and your muscle memory needs to master the physics on one setup first.
5. Asking for a refund makes you sound stupid because everybody experiences troubles with this game and you played the demo, so never call out JLV like that again.
6. Don't turn on arcade physics ever again. Arcade physics should be deleted IMO and are meant for 5 year olds.
7. Please don't vote for Bernie or Hillary for that matter. But with your "I don't want to work hard, make this easier for me" attitude, I'm sure you will anyway.

In all seriousness I feel bad when I see someone get frustrated and quit this game. When I started playing I was kinda like "It's cool that he made this, but this is impossible." But I kept observing fast riders and eventually found my way to a pro level. Now this is essentially the only game I play and the only thing I regret is not starting sooner. Truthfully, If I had to relearn this game for some reason I wouldn't because it was so difficult to begin, but I'm so happy I've spent the last few years playing because it is an incredible simulator once you get comfortable.

If you're exploring this game because you're obsessed with physics, then stop playing. But if you really like motocross then you will have the desire to improve and not have speed handed to you.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
AUS_yzman
Team: AUS

Post by AUS_yzman »

checkerz wrote:
I'm such a highly skilled driver that everyone tells me how amazing I'd be in a proper drift car,
am known for creating the most realistic physics model to date
Everything I sim works in real life the same way and I can do it.
Wow, this guy is really confident.

I know from my sim just how much my car is holding me back. All I need is the opportunity of having a worthy car and my drift life would be taken to whole new level to the point of the possibility of a career with it becoming a possibility
Sounds to me like he just needs a bit of Tickle's money...
Yeah lmfao hes the next Ken Block :roll:
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

Snopro704 wrote:Please don't vote for Bernie or Hillary for that matter.
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!