2008-06-21 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
hondarider525

Re: 2008-06-21 snapshot

Post by hondarider525 »

yeah he should just reappear bac kon his bike, at least for now until you could get him to run back, that would be amazing.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Actually, if you made the rider fall of his bike, and made it so you have to run back, then you could also easily add a sort of 'track walk' to the game. That'd be pretty cool, so you can go to trackwalk before a race, then practice (qualifying times, etc.) A gate pic could be done, but I'm not sure if it's possible with the engine, then you could do the moto's, etc.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Having the rider run back to the bike and pick it up would be very time consuming to do. There are so many aspects of code that go into that. I don't know how interesting a track walk is just because whenever I race a track for the first time I don't roll all of the jumps like in real life, I hit them as fast as I can go. Gate Pic for the series would be cool, and it would also be cool to create your own set of races and make it a series, and then maybe upload the set to the forums, and other people can race your series and try to beat your points or something like that.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Make it so it's skippable though.

Granted, if you have practice you won't need to walk it, but it's just something else that would be easy to implement if you already have crashing where you run back.

I'd prefer just automatic running back, or reseting on the track, rather than running back manually. It will be a lot easier to code for.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Yeah, automatic would be the way to go. It still involves quite a bit of coding I would say because the rider never falls off in the same direction. He has to have a fluid run, pick the bike up, and get on. All always from a different direction.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I've made a post about this game in the past, but check out GP-Bikes and see how they've done it. The rider falls off and slides to a stop, then you push a reset button, and you're setting on the track in neutral ready to rock. With the blackout feature JLV has going it would be neat if when you wreck hard enough and black out the reset key wouldn't work until the blackout ended, then allow you to reset. :)
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

yeah, i just tested that game out and the way he does is nice. There is no collision between the bike and rider, he just rag dolls off, sits up, and push reset. that wouldn't be that hard to do i don't think.
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

for the next update can you make it so wen you push the sit down button if you are leaning to a side your foot comes out on that side for corners and one footed whips
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

God, how many times do you people have to say the same thing over and over! Yes, he gets that you want the rider to stick his foot out, but its going to take a while. Give him some time!