A Lesson In Character

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
kwic73

Re: A Lesson In Character

Post by kwic73 »

Treat people the way you would like to be treated and giving up in race is a form cheating. Your Cheat yourself. Right?? Even though that make's me should like a grade 3 teacher, that's what this is about. I don't really give back to commuinty as much as I wish could but I never question the ones that do. DDMX the kid is obviously jealous of your great talent and hard work an was just looking for some attention. You guy's really don't get the respect you deserve for what you have done and had to deal with so Thank You and all the people who have helped this great game grow. I will try to be more positive and help the community grow in future and to kid's wreck this commuity Grow Up.

Thank You

Sorry for the bad grammer
Redbull
Team: Privateer

Post by Redbull »

The funny is the irony of this thread and how some people are hypocrites but deny it...
ImageFRAUD IS A CRIME SAM!!!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I'm glad you finally called yourself out.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

ddmx488 wrote:I'm glad you finally called yourself out.
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
gordy

Post by gordy »

ruh roh, i dont see this ending well...
instupitious.
honda150rider

Post by honda150rider »

ddmx488 wrote:Dear honda 150r
ddmx488 wrote:He, without being provoked, immediately began bashing me and all my work I do for this game. He left no stone untouched from his rants of my bike models, to my tracks, to my own personality. How do you think this, not only to me, but to others it happens to, makes us feel? I knew right off the bat it wasn't about me, it was about him. I actually felt sorry for him and how much he hates life, because no one can call someone else out like that without first hating their own life and achievements.
I think I remember saying that "I actually felt sorry for him", not, "I began to curse at him like a possessed old man". I'm not saying I'm better than you, I'm merely saying I contribute more to this community than you do. It's up to others to put more worth on my name than yours, not me.

errr sorry bout the earlier posts now that i read them they sound worse to me . i was just kinda sad and angry yesterday cuz my dog died and needed something to do .
but my point yell at kids for them bashing you and they just laugh and wont care.so srry
all ova da erf 736

Post by all ova da erf 736 »

First off it really is bad ass when you think about how much work you guys put into this game. All of the skins, tracks, updates and other things that most of us just see on here and download.
To be honest I believe that all members should pay like 5 to 7 dollars a months to use the downloads and the online server, not only will this keep everything alive and pay back the few who have spent countless hours turning this game into what it is today but it would also make it so those people can spend more time making the game even better because they can make money doing it. I would be plenty happy to pay a service fee to keep progression alive. Thanks for all the hard work
ReNNy

Post by ReNNy »

Is this thread for real?

I figured most of you were hardcore dirt bike riders, after reading if that "lesson" i thought, wow this community seems more like a bunch of snotty school girls rather than badass dirt bike riders.

These are internet forums, if challenged internet forum kids piss you off enough to cause you to write a chapter about character development, then hmm, spend too much time on internet forums maybe?

I rarely post on any forums unless its related to whatever the forums are for. I do read them alot and when i do post its related to, in this forums case, mx simulator. I made this one exception though because i found it ridiculous that people can take other people on forums a bit too seriously.

This is the internet, who gives a shit about anyone, unless you know them personally. Interent forums are not personal. If you are taking them personally, step outside and breath some fresh air. Im already taking this thread too seriously.

basically this thread in the 'general discussion' is a big sign that says "this community sucks". 'general discussion' is generally the first place new people come to find out stuff. So good work guys. :roll:
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

Umm its more likely to the community not to suck, part of it, mayby?
And thats true, you cant denye (lol sorry bad english) facts..
I have bull(orcanic matter) but this isnt any BS topic.
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

ReNNy wrote:Is this thread for real?

I figured most of you were hardcore dirt bike riders, after reading if that "lesson" i thought, wow this community seems more like a bunch of snotty school girls rather than badass dirt bike riders.

These are internet forums, if challenged internet forum kids piss you off enough to cause you to write a chapter about character development, then hmm, spend too much time on internet forums maybe?

I rarely post on any forums unless its related to whatever the forums are for. I do read them alot and when i do post its related to, in this forums case, mx simulator. I made this one exception though because i found it ridiculous that people can take other people on forums a bit too seriously.

This is the internet, who gives a (organic matter) about anyone, unless you know them personally. Interent forums are not personal. If you are taking them personally, step outside and breath some fresh air. Im already taking this thread too seriously.

basically this thread in the 'general discussion' is a big sign that says "this community sucks". 'general discussion' is generally the first place new people come to find out stuff. So good work guys. :roll:
I'm glad you take the time to read what we take the time to write. This post isn't a, "this community sucks" post, don't get me wrong. It is more of a, please just respect the other people on these boards. Sorry it came across the wrong way to you.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Vellu wrote:Yeah, spelling things right really gives more credibility to your posts. I know many people here are non-native english speakers, including me, and it is hard for some of them. I could suggest everyone to use google as a spelling check.
Some browsers actually have spell checkers built in, I know Google Chrome does. I find it very useful :).
Bona.com wrote:Umm why so seriousrealy ? i posted the pic cuz ppl seemed TOO ..umm..how you say.. too focused on the things that bothers us so lol...
That's what this whole topic is about... Trying to stop the constant foolishness and be more serious.
honda150rider wrote:ummmm wow u either have way to much time on your hands to write that or your a really fast tiper . i dont think it will change anything most ppl wont read that i dont see why you get so angry at ppl telling u ur stuff is bad . just ignore it . but some1 rlly hacked your comp? ouchy
I normally try to stay away from the face palms, but that was one seriously stupid post.
honda150rider wrote:yes i read it .
so a guy called you out , he can be a bad ass behind a keyboard what does it matter to you . hes just a kid trying to have fun . remember when you were a kid? just ignore it , its the internet. get a better sense of humor . i dont see how some one could get so mad at some one becuz they said they were bad horrbile at everything etc...in a game! seriously?
actually i do do something for the community
i bought the game . which gives jlv money so he can use that money to make the game better . we bolth paid 42bucks for the game so that makes you no better then me no matter how old you are or how young i am
This being a game or not, telling someone everything they have done for what they like doing just sucks and was a waste of time is not trying to have fun, and can not be funny. I think you are the one that needs to have a better sense of humor, or a better sense of understanding if that's how you looked at it.
kwic73 wrote:Treat people the way you would like to be treated
Can this please be added as a rule, maybe just edit it a little so it says "treat people and everything dealing with this game, the way you want to be treated"? That way if people disrespect, or just be stupid they can go away for a little while. This will also weed out the wackos before they can do much harm. Maybe even going as far as doing on the spot temp bans for stupid behavior, just to show people this stuff isn't going to fly anymore.
ReNNy wrote::roll:
Please, go open a forum up like this and don't moderate it at all. Lets see how long it lasts.

Come here, give me a hug David.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:Please, go open a forum up like this and don't moderate it at all. Lets see how long it lasts.
I believe that is called USENET. Been around for 29 years now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Sorry, I mean a vbulletin or phpBB type forum. It does depend on who the main audience and site traffic though (how much moderating a forum needs I mean).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ReNNy

Post by ReNNy »

ddmx488 wrote:I'm glad you take the time to read what we take the time to write. This post isn't a, "this community sucks" post, don't get me wrong. It is more of a, please just respect the other people on these boards. Sorry it came across the wrong way to you.
I just felt it was highlighting the main areas of the game and community as being tainted with shady characters. This may or may not deter new people from contributing or sticking around even. I might have come across as a bit of an asshat.

I don't know, maybe less newcomers and a community that might or might not be shrinking? could be less of an incentive for jlv to continue or lack money/time to continue developing this game.

Highlight the good stuff and try to forget about the chobs, they wont ever learn.
yzmxer608 wrote:
ReNNy wrote::roll:
Please, go open a forum up like this and don't moderate it at all. Lets see how long it lasts.
I think you just took my " :roll: " the wrong way. There are much worse forums than this one, people just ignore the chobs the best they can. Its what needs to be done to keep a community alive. Moderators can only moderate not change the way people act on the internet. I wont assume you don't know what moderation means. :wink:
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

ReNNy wrote:Is this thread for real?

:
Im pretty sure you`ve never spent 40 hourss making a track 35hours on model and stuff then go play online and get people calling out all your jobs , sorry but you really dont have idea how it feels
I think some people as the one who made this topic would agree with me. :wink:
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.