FPS issues with Erode on. Need some help

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Next Level Racing

Re: FPS issues with Erode on. Need some help

Post by Cody Dawe »

if you have a nvidia gpu, you can use nvidia inspector to lock your framerate at a driver level. this will not improve it by much and i recommend leaving it uncapped even if you get stutters. you do not have the added input lag using this however i do still feel stutters consistently throughout the entire time im playing.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Ultimate setup is 1070 and up with a G Sync monitor. Butter..
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Next Level Racing

Post by Cody Dawe »

newmanb138 wrote:
Bubba40 wrote:So last night i did some testing seems like it's not the graphics card that's giving us the fps stutter but it's are cpu i don't know why the i5 has problems running sim. Jlv should we upgrade to a i7 or overclock are cpu ? My friend has the same cpu and he's getting 125fps with it overclocked. i5 4670k
I have an i5 4670k OC'ed to 3.8GHz and am still having the issues sooo oc'ing that card doesn't seem to be the answer.

I guess I am just getting irritated because JLV put erode on(Which erode itself is great, just sucks with the stuttering) and I directly ask him for help on this issue and really get nothing useful out of him.... If it is so poorly optimized(not sure if that is the case or not) why would he release it in the first place if 50% or more of the users are suffering now. Just doesn't make sense, maybe he does have a legitimate reason for doing so..
Basically this post does more or less confirm that ALOT of people are now having issues. I feel like it would be nice if JLV had the time to try to help us figure it out because I obviously am not smart enough to do so lol
i have the same cpu and just going to 3.8 will not really make a noticeable gain anywhere, right now i have mine sitting at 4.4 and i stay at 125 however i do get random stutters but they are not bad enough so they can be ignored
Djlove04
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by Djlove04 »

At least all of you all can actually race. Me on the other hand load in with a solid 8 fps with a 20 man gate. It then goes up to 30 fps half a lap later. This is causing me to not be able to race. Do not understand at all why erode is such a problem for me. Without erode i get a solid 100-110 fps
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If it's at 8 fps while everyone is parked at the gate it's not an erode problem. Probably too many fat skins and slow models.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Djlove04
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by Djlove04 »

jlv wrote:If it's at 8 fps while everyone is parked at the gate it's not an erode problem. Probably too many fat skins and slow models.
I only have my team pack downloaded in 2k and the replacement packs. What else could i do to fix it.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Do you have a demo of a race that gave you FPS problems? Try playing it back and pausing it when it's running slow. If the framerate goes up when you pause, it probably is from erode. Otherwise it's something else.

You should check your driver info too. If Windows did something like update you to the Microsoft GDI driver it'd kill your framerate.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

with a full gate on SX, i had some fps drops to 90-111 and it was bothering me, with these settings it is now alot more stable (not perfect, but more enjoyable)

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=48080
Phil Doyon #423
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Post by MotardMatt220 »

newmanb138 wrote:
barrington314 wrote:
motokid499 wrote:ranging from 125-20 constantly bouncing all around between those two numbers which just causes terrible jitters.
Isn't that what vsync is for? To lock it at 60?
I've heard yes, and i've also heard no. So not real sure what to believe. When I turned vsync on, my fps dropped to 30.. . :shock:
JLV, any ideas?
Typically vsync will lock the frame rate to the nearest and most consistent fps it can, normally 60, sometimes 30.

I can't remember the command line command but there is one to lock it to whatever fps you want, think the post you're looking for is made by dj explaining all command line commands, pinned in general I think.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

MotardMatt220 wrote:I can't remember the command line command but there is one to lock it to whatever fps you want, think the post you're looking for is made by dj explaining all command line commands, pinned in general I think.
You definitely do not want to use --lock-fps for anything but video recording. With --lock-fps set, you'll still be getting the same framerate but the game will run in slow motion to make sure it outputs the specified number of frames for every game second according to its slowed down clock. As an example, if you're getting 30 FPS and use --lock-fps 60, you will still get 30 FPS but the game will run at half speed. Only useful if you want to make a video at exactly 60 FPS.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com