Automatic prediction

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 7608
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby Wahlamt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Atom6246 wrote:
jlv wrote:Wahlamt already explained it. Collisions would lag *way* behind the actual position. Not just a couple of feet. More like a full bike length at speed.

Thank you but I understood that from the first post you made. Mainly curious as to how the first gyazo I posted happened? (https://i.gyazo.com/acdaf0a4769555ee665 ... 0c065d.mp4)

Do you have his POV for that? Seems like a hail mary to the inside if we rule out cheating.

User avatar
Atom6246
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 am
Team: Ayetom.com
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby Atom6246 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:30 pm

Wahlamt wrote:Do you have his POV for that? Seems like a hail mary to the inside if we rule out cheating.

I do not. I only grabbed my POV at the time, and it's pretty dated now so I definitely don't have the demo xd

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13718
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby jlv » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:35 am

Atom6246 wrote:
jlv wrote:Wahlamt already explained it. Collisions would lag *way* behind the actual position. Not just a couple of feet. More like a full bike length at speed.

Thank you but I understood that from the first post you made. Mainly curious as to how the first gyazo I posted happened? (https://i.gyazo.com/acdaf0a4769555ee665 ... 0c065d.mp4)

What makes you think there was no prediction there?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

ddmx
Posts: 5288
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Midland MI

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby ddmx » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:10 pm

It's a function of ping. Set up your own server and boot anyone over 10ms.
The MXS 1%

User avatar
Atom6246
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 am
Team: Ayetom.com
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby Atom6246 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:35 am

jlv wrote:What makes you think there was no prediction there?

Touché.
ddmx wrote:It's a function of ping. Set up your own server and boot anyone over 10ms.

Not exactly what I'm looking for lol.

Thank's for the input guys.

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13718
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby jlv » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 am

ddmx wrote:It's a function of ping. Set up your own server and boot anyone over 10ms.

MXS lan party at the next Loretta Lynns?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7635
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:57 pm

ddmx wrote:...boot anyone over 10ms.

This always should've been the case(within reason). The problem is, they were afraid to alienate the Aussies, French and other overseas participants. I always said they needed to discriminate the HPB's like almost every other online game. Instead, you have to have misplaced courtesy for someone with a lag bubble and get yelled at if you try to race them normally. Sound about right?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13718
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby jlv » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:50 am

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
ddmx wrote:...boot anyone over 10ms.

This always should've been the case(within reason). The problem is, they were afraid to alienate the Aussies, French and other overseas participants. I always said they needed to discriminate the HPB's like almost every other online game. Instead, you have to have misplaced courtesy for someone with a lag bubble and get yelled at if you try to race them normally. Sound about right?

Actually, the next server will have script access to ping times. So you could auto kick HPBs. Not sure I like the idea though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7635
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:49 am

jlv wrote:...auto kick HPBs. Not sure I like the idea though.

Having them race from overseas and getting lag bubble courtesy problems etc. has caused most of the yelling, hasn't it? Besides punting and other obvious issues aside.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13718
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby jlv » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:41 am

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Having them race from overseas and getting lag bubble courtesy problems etc. has caused most of the yelling, hasn't it? Besides punting and other obvious issues aside.

I guess, but the HPB will have the same disadvantage. Worse actually since for him every rider will have the lag bubble.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
model_90
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 pm
Team: Heemlock

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby model_90 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:23 am

looking at that post visually, i can see one common denominator, and his name is leghair, i mean leclair
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
Image

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7635
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: Automatic prediction

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:56 am

jlv wrote:...for him every rider will have the lag bubble.

Oh shit. I didn't know it worked that way. Well, it ultimately is up to the host.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests