My tracks bugging

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jcb2
Team: VIVID

My tracks bugging

Post by jcb2 »

Anyone know why when I download some tracks they're black? And why my tracks don't look like they're supposed to for example, Dr. Dew doesn't look like it has dirt and grass it just looks like a beach sand white
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: My tracks bugging

Post by jlv »

Your either missing some textures the track requires or you inadvertently put the track in a sub-folder when you extracted it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jcb2

Post by jcb2 »

jlv wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:48 am Your either missing some textures the track requires or you inadvertently put the track in a sub-folder when you extracted it.
Usually I just download the files I have to download and don't leave any behind and when I download them I cut, paste it in my sim folder and extract it there. Is there anything i'm doing wrong?
Jay

Post by Jay »

jlv wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:48 am Your either missing some textures the track requires or you inadvertently put the track in a sub-folder when you extracted it.
You're**
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Jay wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:48 pm
You're**
Can't believe I did that. That's a pet peeve of mine!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

jcb2 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:21 am
Usually I just download the files I have to download and don't leave any behind and when I download them I cut, paste it in my sim folder and extract it there. Is there anything i'm doing wrong?
Something is wrong since your textures aren't showing up. Make sure the track isn't in a sub-folder. E.g. "mytrack/mytrack" instead of just "mytrack".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
jcb2

Post by jcb2 »

jlv wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:25 am
Something is wrong since your textures aren't showing up. Make sure the track isn't in a sub-folder. E.g. "mytrack/mytrack" instead of just "mytrack".

I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong when I was extracting it from WinRAR. I would just select the folder and download that but instead I went into the track folder, selected everything, and extracted that which helped my tracks and now I can see my Dr.Dew perfectly. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it :D
jcb2

Post by jcb2 »

jlv wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:25 am
I did what I'm usually doing to fix my tracks, to the new yeat valley, but it's still coming out all black?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If you type "/listfiles YeatValley/terrain.hf" in the chat screen, what do you get?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com