2013 SX track scale 1:1

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Tom cortvriendt

Re: 2013 SX track scale 1:1

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

About whoops, the whoops of salt lake 2010 are still the best ever IMO
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
slug
Team: Privateer

Post by slug »

It's funny, how this should be a hardcore simulator, but you demand more and more arcade elements in the sake of playability and
fun.Not only you that are racing bought this game....

Still think the honda test track that comes with the honda, is the most realistic SX track in this game, where throttle control matters
and is rewarding as hell.
mbork-1
Team: NOTEAM

Post by mbork-1 »

Shadow wrote:
yFMX wrote:What he said.
I've been toying with a close to 1:1 scale 2-stroke era style sx track recently and while quading a rhythm is possible, it's a high risk-high reward move which will result in a crash for all except the more better riders. Also with 1:1 scale and a more square edged whoops, jumping through them actually becomes a viable option since blitzing them will require much more skill than the current whoops in jlv's sx tracks, and again it's only the better riders who'll go blitz through them without a crash.

There's the plus side too that while the rhythms require much more precision, casing something is more forgiving as you won't necessarily crash and burn unless messing up a triple or quad attempt.
yep and peaking jumps like in 90's wont needed°tracks are perfect shaped now,just maybe overall rescaling to real would be better,i just would like to add,not only SX tracks should be rescaled,MX jumps aswell,you guys need rewatch demos,and you will see how long and super high jumps are,just because ingame nobody feels speed and how jumps steep are you just dont feel real height of jumps in this game,you can try honda test track,not sure if its 1-1 scaled but im prety sure jvl will way better adapte sx tracks for racing
3rd MX2 EMF - AX Series 2011
2nd MX1 BMF - Friday Night Series 2012
1st MX3 - EMXs
8th MX1 EMF - MX Series 2012
Lo2Rider

Post by Lo2Rider »

yFMX wrote: That's not true. With a 1:1 scale you have less room before and between the jumps which means less speed and not bigger jumps.
1st gear all track long. Wow, could be fun. And on some triple there is plenty of room before which allow you to go full throttle even with 1:1 scale, you would have to hit brakes so hard to not overjump.
And what about online racing? I've seen guys unable to go straight and stay on a 1:1,25 scaled track. Imagine how it would looks like on a narrow track. It would be apocalypse!

Shadow, about the whoops i'm ok with you but, if you rise up edge between them, in some places, maybe there would be not enough room? Depend on the track but it could be a problem.

I really don't feel like JLV SX's tracks are over scaled while riding them, contrary to 2011/12 EVS SX tracks, for example.

I believe that the big next step for SX track would be to work on the ruts, not the scale :) .
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

Lo2Rider wrote:1st gear all track long. Wow, could be fun. And on some triple there is plenty of room before which allow you to go full throttle even with 1:1 scale, you would have to hit brakes so hard to not overjump.
Most of the time I'm in 2nd gear on 1:1 scale tracks, just like on JLV's. In real life you can easily overjump a triple by 15-20ft even in 2nd gear on a 250f if you have enough room.

As far as online racing I think 12 riders on a 1:1track could work pretty well and would avoid the carnage in the first 2 laps but that's just my opinion.
mbork-1
Team: NOTEAM

Post by mbork-1 »

yFMX wrote:
Lo2Rider wrote:1st gear all track long. Wow, could be fun. And on some triple there is plenty of room before which allow you to go full throttle even with 1:1 scale, you would have to hit brakes so hard to not overjump.
Most of the time I'm in 2nd gear on 1:1 scale tracks, just like on JLV's. In real life you can easily overjump a triple by 15-20ft even in 2nd gear on a 250f if you have enough room.

As far as online racing I think 12 riders on a 1:1track could work pretty well and would avoid the carnage in the first 2 laps but that's just my opinion.
wtf 12 rider? 20 should be other then thet i totally agrry with you
3rd MX2 EMF - AX Series 2011
2nd MX1 BMF - Friday Night Series 2012
1st MX3 - EMXs
8th MX1 EMF - MX Series 2012
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Take 20 smart riders and the 1:1 scale won't cause a carnage.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

20 smart riders?

I like the idea of complete realism but I also like it when races aren't ruled by crashes.

Was thinking about copying Phat's whoops but after the pileups in the last race I'm not so sure.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

The ones who know to break early enough and don't plow through the first corner pile up wfo. :D

Oh wait, we don't have 20 guys like that, do we? :(
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

The results of 1:1 supercross would be much similar to the arenacross racing happening now. I for one, do not like the idea of 1:1 tracks, at least for organized supercross competition.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

well for 2013 I am racing. I have ridden 1:1scale of JLV's eplica track and it is extremely fun. I think perhaps have a 1:1 scale series and a 1:1.25 scale series.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

mxrewind665 wrote:I have ridden 1:1scale of JLV's eplica track BY MYSELF and it is extremely fun.
I'll put the 1:1 scale tracks on 19805, get a full gate in there and then make a decision... 8)
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

Phathry25 wrote:
mxrewind665 wrote:I have ridden 1:1scale of JLV's eplica track BY MYSELF and it is extremely fun.
I'll put the 1:1 scale tracks on 19805, get a full gate in there and then make a decision... 8)
Accualy with 7 of my friends and That would be a great idea.
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

jlv wrote:20 smart riders?

I like the idea of complete realism but I also like it when races aren't ruled by crashes.

Was thinking about copying Phat's whoops but after the pileups in the last race I'm not so sure.
People will adapt. Guys who crash out on 1:1.25 scale now will still do so regardless of 1:1. Guys who don't crash out now will still be consistent on 1:1. All that would change is the realism of the track IMO.

As far as being able to clear sections in one jump, that's ridiculous. Timing becomes more important on 1:1, and jumps are peakier right now for 1:1.25. The tracks would be more technical and less WFO.
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

Tom cortvriendt wrote:About whoops, the whoops of salt lake 2010 are still the best ever IMO
This.