2009-05-11 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Re: 2009-05-11 snapshot

Post by Sweendoggy »

for some reason this really fits my riding style in this game and I can go quite a bit faster! but maybe since all the fast guys don't like it, I just have a strange bad riding style...
yomo

Post by yomo »

I dont think its just the fast guys...
Its the people that like to cut down on berms which normally is the fast guys because that is the fast way around a berm... and often the best line through a rythem

example on anaheim 1 I go (secret line here!)
on-table-table-off -> outside berm and jump the entire jump -> hit the right of the berm and try to do a 180 on the spot to hit the next line on the left to miss the kicker.

Example 2
After the 2 sand sections into that next berm i go right and then cut down along the left of the whoops to beable to cut down again on the next berm to go through the middle of the table top section.

I hope all that makes sense

At this point in time i am actually riding with the old snapshot
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

yomo wrote: hit the right of the berm and try to do a 180 on the spot to hit the next line on the left to miss the kicker.
No you go all the way around then hit the kicker on the outside and go triple quad, well i know you go triple like the pros but i think its quad. :P
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
yomo

Post by yomo »

Well im actually trying to go left - hit that face jump over the next jump and land on the next downbit ready to triple out. But im not quite there yet :P
ReNNy
Team: Privateer

Post by ReNNy »

loving the new dabbing, the lower speed turns dont seem so insanly hard now. used to feel like being a toddler just getttin off training wheels. finding the supercross tracks much easier now. i dunno maybe the "fast guys" are just going unrealistically fast, ever thought of that?

his leg, it does stick straight out a bit oddly BUT, i dont really care for now, these are simply stepping stones too a better game. maybe you can code it some how so that the faster you are within the dab speed limit the straighter out front he puts his leg. the slower you go then he starts to bring it back and out to the side.. seems like it would be possible to convert that motion into some kind of codeable equation.. no idea. all in good time.

next rider upgrade should be left and right upper body motion/balancing.. its like his ass is sliding back and forwards on an invisible pole restricting his left and right movement. i never looked violated when i used to ride, and i didnt feel it either
with that upgrade, the riding would absolutly amazing. /endrant

im still loving the game.
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

Oh yeah. This is amazing. I love it. I brought my time at Alcrest from a 1:05:7 to a 1:03:1. That's a big change. Thank JLV.
yomo

Post by yomo »

ReNNy wrote:... i dunno maybe the "fast guys" are just going unrealistically fast, ever thought of that?
I doubt it is making the faster guys much slower.. but it is stopping at least for me being able to turn back down a berm. If you watch any video of chad reed in a SX race he is one of the best at cutting down a berm. I found this to be one of the most realistic parts of the game, which now has been stopped. I'm in favor of having a higher dab speed for some people but at least have an option for the guys that do want to cut down a berm...

I might post a few videos later about what i mean...
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

How do you cut down a berm anyways? I can never make a supercross turn.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Just like you do in real life.

Come in fast, brake your way to the tip top edge of the berm (sitting straight up), then jack the handlebars, lets your body "fall" down to the inside, smack on the throttle to pivot the back end around, shift your weight back, and go wfo, letting the berm keep the bike from wheelieing out from under you.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yomo

Post by yomo »

all in one smooth motion...
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

So I don't have to slide the back end around while braking? And all I do is turn at the top of the berm and nail the throttle at the bottom? Have a video?
yomo

Post by yomo »

i could get a video tomorrow night...

but basically using the OLD snapshot btw... this one doesn't work so nicely

come in fast braking hard turn as hard as you can and pinn it... then youll have to correct it coming out. And just practise
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

Ok. Thanks. Let me know when the video is up
epik

Post by epik »

I see what you are saying now yomo. Last night I tested it on national tracks and really liked it. But on some of the really tight supercross tracks it does get kind of annoying. It definitely makes you ride the entire burm. The idea brought up as this feature being adjustable is a great idea.
Cobra
Team: HRC

Post by Cobra »

I think we don't need update for the bikes phisics... The phisics we had was perfect i think..Don't make any change to this phisics! i'm scared if now with this snapshot we can't cut the turns, i'm going to ride very slower... :s it's like the game would be more "arcade" with this snapshot.. i always ride with cutting the turns... :| and i think it's one of the most great aspect on this game

And last thing: Maybe some people don't like the phisics cuz it's to hard to ride on slower tunrs, but, try to modify the suspension settings !!! That's why some riders are faster... I can't ride faster with stocks suspension...