The Old MX Simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Re: The Old MX Simulator

Post by 02RR02 »

Pumaxcs wrote: BUT this isn't a glorify yourself chat. When I think of old MXS I think of Mace's Freeride videos.
Mace-x's videos was the shit back in the days. My first and only mx sim idol ever. Remember I got kinda nervous when I raced him for the first time online on Glenside on the early days when online first came. :lol:
Even found and got the demo by watching JLVs videos and then bought the game after watching Mace-x's Team Massacre video.

Kinda made me think how great it was when the community wasn't as big as it is today by thinking how we used to post skins and tracks. They were usually just pngs and open folders, and people didn't have to worry about people ripping stuff since the community was so small that you almost knew everyone on the forums.
The *Old* Skins tread was the place to go for finding the bike skins

But now on topic. My first ever video that I posted (Which is still the most viewed video for some reason) is my onboard with Kawasakis video on some sx race in 09. Kinda funny to listen to the bike sound of the 4 strokes and Fredericks 125

Either than that I mostly deleted my old edits that were done before my "Up to rise" video that was done with what was called the xfire crew which is now turned into a TS crowd.

Or I got this which is one of few videos I actually was satisfied with, and with a lot of help of Jones I got some sick demos to do the recording and editing on just one night
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Pumaxcs wrote:Back then getting to race was cool but now there is so much pressure for some reason that no one has fun anymore.
I raced a couple back then, but still was last.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
honda boy 326
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Not even mad JLV.

Post by honda boy 326 »

02RR02 wrote:
Someone needs to make another one of these videos.
BEST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: Out of Vanderlees blast zone
WORST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: In his blast zone
Fro wrote:Morin is right.
T-RIDER wrote:i turned my bars this weekend... shit myself and turned em back staight away.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

honda boy 326 wrote:
02RR02 wrote:
Someone needs to make another one of these videos.
Really wanted to redo it, but I need someone who can do the textwork for me since english isn't my first language (hence the grammar failures on the video)
And then I need to host some seesions on some of the nationals or a good looking track that isn't a full gate since it's kinda hard for every computer when you're using the models and everyones skins. Pluss we Need JLV in it!

I've already had it visioned in my head for years now but haven't started on it yet...
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

These two videos were definitely my favorite getting into the game.
Robin and Jeff are definitely two of the best video editors in this game even to this day in my opinion.

Robin's Track Comp 2010 Video

Jeff's Best of MXS Video

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first ever video for Sim was the 2012 Steel City Recap

And then my first real edit that wasn't for rF purposes was the Effortless video which people seemed to like

Really miss the atmosphere of this game when I first came around at the beginning of 2012.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pumaxcs wrote:He was the McGrath, just good. Didn't have this extensive tryhard, just played around and was naturally good. Now the competition levels are killing this game. Back then getting to race was cool but now there is so much pressure for some reason that no one has fun anymore.
Pretty much how I feel about racing now, back in 2012 it was worth it to me to put in time to race good but now I know I won't even get close so there's no point to it for me. If this is correct: http://www.racefactorygaming.com/events ... -quest.php I'll be going back to the 608 next year (lets be serious, I'm not getting 11 more points by the end of nationals :lol:.). First year since we started this numbering system that I won't have the 68.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Mittocs told me for months to get into this game. Eventually even though I never played more than an hour any given 2 week period, I atleast bought it. Still never got into it for about 4 months more of trying, hating it and quitting. Then somehow Possum Creek just meshed with me while riding a 125 and I could turn atleast a lap with only a couple of crashes to where I could find the "magic" in the game. From then, the XFire crew talked me into getting into making tracks for MXS after talking about wanting to convert some MVA stuff.

Thus started my first track, and besides Next Friday maybe my most popular. And somehow still the top rated track on PureMXS (for whatever that is worth), Mission Valley was born and I was making MXS tracks even while working at THQ. This also I would say began to mark the beginning of the end of my employment there, as the more I got into MXS the more I wanted MVA to replicate that feeling. Something I don't think it'll ever do. I wanted to work on the best MX game, and a game I liked to play... yea that's another story for another topic.

Anyways, here is track #1 for MXS, followed up only a few days later by my second release Sorento Hills. 90 something tracks later we are today, and I'm still enjoying making things and playing this game.

http://puremxs.com/Tracks/TrackViewer.aspx?TrackID=178

TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

You couldn't have picked a better time for this topic. It's come to this... Some kid was in 00 using "HisName | Team HAVOC Racing | RIP Grandma". Why would anyone want to be on our team?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

I remember the good ol days of versions 1.2 and 1.3 where your legs never blew off and the shit you'd do to pass someone was spectacular. It was all good as long as you didn't hit your head on the ground you were good. All the video's that got me into this game have pretty much been posted with Mace-x's freeride videos got me to try the demo, Mittocs and mittocs reborn and also kawasakis videos made me want the full game from all the stuff that existed that i wanted to try, and it was worth every penny.
JVanderlee225
Team: MadCape

Post by JVanderlee225 »

These hotlaps by James Bolen throughout the 2010-2011 seasons are the first ones I watched. I don't think I even knew that it was a game that I could actually buy until later, but I watched them every week.

Also this one by DJD is one of my favourites. It came out after I bought the game, but it kept me playing even when I couldn't go one race on the stock server without getting lapped.

Also, my first video was a hotlap, if you wanna call it that...

Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Yeah, those were the golden days. I had a huge impact from Mace-x videos, those were insane at the time!
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

gomoto846
Team: GP Decals

Post by gomoto846 »

Pumaxcs wrote:Now the competition levels are killing this game. Back then getting to race was cool but now there is so much pressure for some reason that no one has fun anymore.
Mikey wrote:Half of all the UIDs came from Mittocs videos!
Couldn't be more true for me. Anyway, two videos that made me buy the game. and my first, very shitty video :lol:
I can't believe that I've been playing this game for almost 5 years! (and I still suck :lol: )

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I remember watching these before I bought it also, really liked these. What really made me want to buy this game is the bike control I saw in these vids, never before could you whip the bike sideways and control the handlebars to bring it back or actually control a slide coming out of a corner.

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.