2013 MotoOption Track Contest hosted by rF Gaming

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2013 MotoOption Track Contest hosted by rF Gaming

Post by checkerz »

Couple new rules, just covering bases to make sure tracks can be used in videos to promote the contest/game and that tracks can be easily packed for release (many times guys have to redownload this batch of tracks if anything like previous track comps because they have long life spans). Let me know if any wording is confusing or is object able to you.
• By entering, you are giving permission to RaceFactoryGaming, MXSimulator, and/or Chris Riesenberg to release/distribute/repackage your work. Your work will only be shared with credit given to the creator(s) for download and use within MXSimulator. (I just want permission to package the tracks and host downloads as needed to distribute the tracks to the community after the contest.)
• RaceFactoryGaming.com/MXSimulator/Chris Riesenberg and/or any of their affiliates, the contest judges, and the MXSimulator gaming community reserve the right to release screenshots, videos, and other promotional material using your track both prior to and after the public release of your track.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

SUBMISSION IS NOW OPEN! Entries due September 16, 2013!
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

DJD wrote:I managed to cobble together a track for this contest, but I cant find if the mountain range statue from lakewood 2011 was released anywhere? Ive tried to contact DJ but he has not responded.

Its the only object files I need to avoid being disqualified as it stands. But oh well, so where do we turn these things in?
DJD, I am glad you put something together. Knowing your style, I bet you'll be a front runner in the visual and fun factor categories for sure.

I can't promise the judges will have that file. I personally do, but they (by the rules) are not required to have it. Since it's a non-collision object, you won't get DQ'd, but you visually may get scored by a judge without the object if they don't have it.
• All objects, decals, skyboxes, or any other assets must be included in your track folder and referenced from your track folder. Tracks are not allowed to reference other tracks or object packs. If your track causes a server error "client track modified" you will be disqualified. If your decals or skybox, or other item is referenced that doesn't cause a server error, you may be judged without those items present. JUDGES WILL NOT DOWNLOAD ANY ADDITIONAL TRACKS OR OBJECT PACKS.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

checkerz wrote:
DJD wrote:I managed to cobble together a track for this contest, but I cant find if the mountain range statue from lakewood 2011 was released anywhere? Ive tried to contact DJ but he has not responded.

Its the only object files I need to avoid being disqualified as it stands. But oh well, so where do we turn these things in?
DJD, I am glad you put something together. Knowing your style, I bet you'll be a front runner in the visual and fun factor categories for sure.

I can't promise the judges will have that file. I personally do, but they (by the rules) are not required to have it. Since it's a non-collision object, you won't get DQ'd, but you visually may get scored by a judge without the object if they don't have it.
• All objects, decals, skyboxes, or any other assets must be included in your track folder and referenced from your track folder. Tracks are not allowed to reference other tracks or object packs. If your track causes a server error "client track modified" you will be disqualified. If your decals or skybox, or other item is referenced that doesn't cause a server error, you may be judged without those items present. JUDGES WILL NOT DOWNLOAD ANY ADDITIONAL TRACKS OR OBJECT PACKS.

Yikes, tons of house cleaning in this thread. Same goes for "necessary object packs". Most likely, judges will have them; but I can't guarantee it. Enter with stuff referenced at your own risk.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

Ive been looking on who made the Race tech tent and motorsports tent. Would you know chex?
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

mxrewind665 wrote:Ive been looking on who made the Race tech tent and motorsports tent. Would you know chex?
DJ made the actual tent for Millville a few years ago. It's been re-skinned multiple times.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

When will the public be able to ride them?
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

Ddavis wrote:When will the public be able to ride them?
the best question on the forum right about now.
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

checkerz wrote:
• 9/24/2013 - Winners will be announced
• 9/24/2013 – Community voting for People’s Champion Award begins
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

Just finished the terrain!

Click on the links to see some screenies. Forget about that green ugly tile, I just use it as a reference lol

http://www.mediafire.com/view/exabsu1r2 ... hot032.png
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ut4vvj5hx ... hot033.png
http://www.mediafire.com/view/psjoecjmn ... hot034.png

PS: Yes, I know... I need a better computer haha
Scotty226

Post by Scotty226 »

There you go rafagas. Looking good so far :D
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

The point of using links is that if there's any judge reading the post, he doesn't have to see the track if he doesn't want... I know how to use direct links lol
Scotty226

Post by Scotty226 »

yeah, didn't think about that. Sorry haha
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
dani22

Post by dani22 »

Scotty226 wrote:There you go rafagas. Looking good so far :D
:roll: :roll:
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

The first submission is in my email inbox. Going to be tough resisting to play it until all of the submissions arrive.