MXS Bike Setup Application (v3.1 01-Aug-2010)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jamie408

Re: MXS Bike Setup Application (v3.1 01-Aug-2010)

Post by jamie408 »

Servatis wrote:
Servatis wrote:Unpack "SSCEruntime-ENU.exe" to any location, then open that location and if you are using 32bit operating system install the x86 version, if you are using 64 bit you will need to install both x86 and x64.
it's a small piece of software (Microsoft SQL Server Compact )that allows the bike setup application to access and use the database.
ok where do i get ssce from then??
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Servatis wrote:if the application crashes at startup you most likely need to install SqlServerCe SP2, the install package is included in the installation folder.
first uninstall any versions of "Microsoft SQL Server Compact" that may be installed.
Unpack "SSCEruntime-ENU.exe" to any location, then open that location and if you are using 32bit operating system install the x86 version, if you are using 64 bit you will need to install both x86 and x64.
if you would just read the first post before asking questions... it's not that hard.

after installation go to the folder you installed at. it should be there.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

When you click the load setup button, can you put an extra warning on it detailing if you want to do it? I've clicked it a couple times thinking it'll load the setup from mxs into the editor, but it loads what's selected in the list and I lose the setup I didn't get to save yet :(.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

Post by TBARRY34 »

Alright, old problem...

This error comes up everytime I start the program, or choose a setup.

The program works fine (changes config when I load and everything)

The problem I have is it will not save any of the bike setups (So I have to copy/paste everytime from a text pad)
TBARRY34

Post by TBARRY34 »

TBARRY34

Post by TBARRY34 »

What the hell.....

Well it says
Microsoft .NET Framework

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue if you click Quit, the application will close immediately."
"Operation must use an updateable query"

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatusErrors(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatus(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdateFromDataTable(DataTable dataTable, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataTable dataTable)
at MXS_Bike_Setup_Application.SetupDataSetTableAdapters.SetupTableAdapter.Update(SetupDataTable dataTable)
at MXS_Bike_Setup_Application.OverviewForm.DefaultSetup()
at MXS_Bike_Setup_Application.OverviewForm.OverviewForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MXS Bike Setup Application
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MXS%20Bike%20Setup%20Application%203.0/MXS%20Bike%20Setup%20Application.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Core
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

have you installed everything correctly? the SQL Server Compact?

it might also be a securities problem. which version of the application do you have? 3.0 had the database inside the application folder which lead to vista/7 whining about security, you could try running the app in administrator mode.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

might be best to install 3.1 which will most likely fix your problem. it will use a new database but that shouldn't be a problem since your old app didn't save anything :)
if it did save some setups however, you can export them out of the old app and import them into the new one.

---

MXS Cares
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Dumb question.
I Have framework.net 4.0 version and i downloaded this thing and when i try to run it error pops out. That ''don't send'' thing.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Servatis

Post by Servatis »

"don't send" thing? I'm going to need a little more than that..

did you install .net 4.0 via the link i posted in the first post? did you install the sql server compact (the SSCEruntime-ENU.exe file in your installation folder)? instructions are in the first post.

I've had trouble with .net 4.0 a lot. they have multiple versions these days .net 4.0 and .net 4.0 client profile, and an extended version i believe. I don't know i get confused by it :P.. but apparently my app only works with the client profile.. which is strange I have tried fixing it. googling for hours, found 100 solutions that didnt work :P.
visual studio (program with which i program my applications) will not allow me to set it back to .net 3.5 which is standard in vista/7 and XP SP2 I believe. it gives all sorts of errors in code generated by visual studio itself.. I cant really go messing with that since it's automatically managed by visual studio..
I have a huge love/hate relationship with microsoft.. :cry:

I'm currently working on a new app (in which i use all I have learned over the past year, which is a lot), it will only require 3.5 and will not require any database installation. it will only require 1 installation. AND IT WILL WORK!! I hope.
so if you can't get it working I ask you to wait a bit. not sure how long could be a few weeks or a few months (I'm hoping before February starts). and an app, that isn't a complete mess will be released :)

---

MXS Cares
MonsterEnergyKid7
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by MonsterEnergyKid7 »

everytime i try to open the app it says "MXS Bike Setup Application.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." WHATS WRONG??!?!??
PIN IT TO WIN IT
SKYPE - MetalHead1671
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Did you install the SqlServerCe SP2? Here's the instructions:
The install package is included in the installation folder.
first uninstall any versions of "Microsoft SQL Server Compact" that may be installed.
Unpack "SSCEruntime-ENU.exe" to any location, then open that location and if you are using 32bit operating system install the x86 version, if you are using 64 bit you will need to install both x86 and x64
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MonsterEnergyKid7
Crushed Dissenter

I dont get how u do that
PIN IT TO WIN IT
SKYPE - MetalHead1671
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

if you go to controll panel>system you can find if you are using a 64 bit or 32 bit operating system.

next go into the folder where you installed the MXS bike setup app.
there you will find a file called "SSCEruntime-ENU.exe". double click and it will ask you to extract to a location. extract the files to any location you want, somewhere easy to find.
then go into the place where you extracted the files. and you will find 2 .exe files and a text file.
one exe file will have x86 in its name and the other x64.
now if you have a 64-bit operating system you install both of them.
if you have a 32-bit operating system you install only the one with x86.

I can't make it much clearer than that.
I hope it helps.

---

MXS Cares
MonsterEnergyKid7
Crushed Dissenter

im pretty sure im usin x64 but i downloaded x84 or watever and it wont let me download the other one......says installation package is not supported or something
PIN IT TO WIN IT
SKYPE - MetalHead1671