2013 SX track scale 1:1

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Re: 2013 SX track scale 1:1

Post by Axle McOctane »

I generally agree with Shadow and yFMX. I like the 1:1 scale tracks better, including the ones that DJ rescaled but were made to be 1:1.25.

How about 1:1.1 as a compromise for the upcoming supercross season?
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Nikhil wrote:People will adapt. Guys who crash out on 1:1.25 scale now will still do so regardless of 1:1. Guys who don't crash out now will still be consistent on 1:1. All that would change is the realism of the track IMO.

As far as being able to clear sections in one jump, that's ridiculous. Timing becomes more important on 1:1, and jumps are peakier right now for 1:1.25. The tracks would be more technical and less WFO.
I agree the guys that are crashing on 1:1.25 will still crash on 1:1. The reason they will be crashing is different though. Instead of washing the front end or getting squirrely in a rhythm section they will be blasting other riders. Getting around downed riders will be much more difficult as well. 1:1 may be great single player, or with 5 or 10 guys, but 20 people in a race and it will be carnage.

I just rode a few 2010 supercrosses 1:1 and the lines are terribly different on a 450. You don't need second gear though except for the start straight and even that's questionable. For quads out of corners you only need 1st. It doesn't feel realistic to me.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Ddavis wrote:
Trevor wrote:I think the tracks should be more realistic, The whoops should be HUGE and the doubles should be peaky!
There's enough carnage in the whoops with the size they are. I like the size they are for this game, you can still make up time but they aren't too sketchy. This game is just way to easy to get out of shape and crash.
carnage on JLVs whoops?
JLV needs to atleast use the whoops Phathry has been using in the AX tracks.
Many pro's will tell you the whoops are the separator.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote:20 smart riders?

I like the idea of complete realism but I also like it when races aren't ruled by crashes.

Was thinking about copying Phat's whoops but after the pileups in the last race I'm not so sure.
I beg you... PLEASE use phats whoops! I think the reason they seem to cause so much mayhem in AX is because people are trying to blitz them so hard because theres not many spots to make up time.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

barrington314 wrote:Many pro's will tell you the whoops are the separator.
I don't know if that's a feature or a bug. I'd rather have lame whoops and have the whole track matter than a make or break whoop section that makes the rest of the track irrelevant.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

jlv wrote:
barrington314 wrote:Many pro's will tell you the whoops are the separator.
I don't know if that's a feature or a bug. I'd rather have lame whoops and have the whole track matter than a make or break whoop section that makes the rest of the track irrelevant.
The tracks on the EVS Open layout are perfect. I feel like in Supercross they're too fast but on Phathrys AX they're too do or die, the EVS Open whoops ride perfectly. my 2 cents
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

The whoops* typo
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

I love JLV's tracks just the way they are :) They were great for racing last year and the years before, They also seem to slightly change each year, enough to have the same style, yet they don't get boring. The EVS track is nice, but I feel way more out of control on that track then I do on JLV's tracks. Mostly because you do these huge rythyms where you're jumping so high and at a high speed, and the traction makes it so if you get just a little squirrely you go flying off the track. Just really prefer a track that's a little more easy to be consistent on to race on, I mean who would want to race on a track that you're more likely to crash and have pileups, I don't even know why this is a debate, it's not like JLV's tracks don't offer a challenege and great racing.
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

Brina927 wrote:I love JLV's tracks just the way they are :) They were great for racing last year and the years before, They also seem to slightly change each year, enough to have the same style, yet they don't get boring.
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

I also love JLV's track, great job on them! But I don't like the traction. Everytime when I want my rear to slide it doesn't and when I don't want to slide it does. That is the problem of me, the traction and the feeling of the EVS sx open tracks are the best I have ever felt in this game. So I prefer that scale and traction for 2013 but I don't know how it works out with 20 riders on the track.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Vanakurat32

Post by Vanakurat32 »

I personally think that at the moment scale is perfect, but I really hate the traction.
juNky
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I love everything about the EVS Open track from the peakiness to the berms to the traction to the textures to the whoops.
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

ddmx wrote:
Nikhil wrote:People will adapt. Guys who crash out on 1:1.25 scale now will still do so regardless of 1:1. Guys who don't crash out now will still be consistent on 1:1. All that would change is the realism of the track IMO.

As far as being able to clear sections in one jump, that's ridiculous. Timing becomes more important on 1:1, and jumps are peakier right now for 1:1.25. The tracks would be more technical and less WFO.
I agree the guys that are crashing on 1:1.25 will still crash on 1:1. The reason they will be crashing is different though. Instead of washing the front end or getting squirrely in a rhythm section they will be blasting other riders. Getting around downed riders will be much more difficult as well. 1:1 may be great single player, or with 5 or 10 guys, but 20 people in a race and it will be carnage.

I just rode a few 2010 supercrosses 1:1 and the lines are terribly different on a 450. You don't need second gear though except for the start straight and even that's questionable. For quads out of corners you only need 1st. It doesn't feel realistic to me.
Honestly, I think there would be less blasting. You're going to have lower speeds with a 1:1 track, so it would be harder to bonzai into someone from way far back like you can right now.

I do think you have a point about getting around downed riders though. Maybe one solution would be to make 1:1 tracks but just widen the lanes? Sort of like what Forza 3 did with their tracks.

Well, the jump faces would need to be different for 1:1. Right now they're too peaky, but if the tracks are built for 1:1 that wouldn't be a problem.
mbork-1
Team: NOTEAM

Post by mbork-1 »

Sandhapper wrote:I also love JLV's track, great job on them! But I don't like the traction. Everytime when I want my rear to slide it doesn't and when I don't want to slide it does. That is the problem of me, the traction and the feeling of the EVS sx open tracks are the best I have ever felt in this game. So I prefer that scale and traction for 2013 but I don't know how it works out with 20 riders on the track.
oh no god JLV dont change traction!!!pls........but seriuosly i otherwise, suck way harder on sx open tracks, because of traction, im keyboarder and for me its super hard to go in berms with witout sliding and and when i want my rear sliding it doestn,on SX open they have traction like riding on asphalt with supermoto or with spiked tyres on ice,irl sx or mx you have way worster traction ,and i think for this game, JLV's sx tracks are best,but i think if you want real track then you need 1:1 scale,otherwise(doesnt matter good or bad for racing)its not real scale.

other idea i have maybe we could better rescale bikes?
without changing psyhics much
and myb would be enought to just make bigger wheels and more fat bigger bikes scale(but same wheelbase)myb bigger rider but keep tracks like they are now
3rd MX2 EMF - AX Series 2011
2nd MX1 BMF - Friday Night Series 2012
1st MX3 - EMXs
8th MX1 EMF - MX Series 2012
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Sandhapper wrote:I also love JLV's track, great job on them! But I don't like the traction. Everytime when I want my rear to slide it doesn't and when I don't want to slide it does. That is the problem of me, the traction and the feeling of the EVS sx open tracks are the best I have ever felt in this game. So I prefer that scale and traction for 2013 but I don't know how it works out with 20 riders on the track.
I'm the opposite haha, like JLV's traction, the grippiness of the EVS traction is good but I find (at least on the 125) it bogs or you lift the front wheel up a little (on the gas more so it doesn't bog) and the front wheel twitches since there's no weight on it. Or it breaks loose as the rear tire goes off faces (and landing). Going to have to tighten my steering setup some to avoid that.
Nikhil wrote:Maybe one solution would be to make 1:1 tracks but just widen the lanes? Sort of like what Forza 3 did with their tracks.
I don't think that would work that well, the lanes would be wider, so the berms would be bigger (larger radius), and unless you increased them a lot the lanes would be shorter (then it wouldn't be 1:1 anymore).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.