1st person or 3rd??

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: 1st person or 3rd??

Post by yzmxer608 »

DJ wrote:It is locked to the rider body. We've been through this many times, it is hard to ride when the camera is on the head, because you cant predict what the rider is doing below you, whereis in real life, you dont need to see it because you can feel it.

Go into graphics setup, set 1st person height to max (will be near the head), set desired angle, and try to ride. It will be hard
It would be hard, but you don't stare at the ground in real life, your helmet might be in the same position sometimes, but you move your eyes, something the game can't do. That's why it doesn't feel realistic with the camera that high.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Mumhra
Team: Privateer

Post by Mumhra »

DW434 wrote: 3rd person is more realistic becuase you know what the bikes doing
:shock:
This is the 1st time ever that i have heard anyone say that 3rd person is more realisic. In lots of car sims it even is impossible to use 3rd person views when playing online because using 3rd person gives you an unfair advantage. You can see further, you can see what is happening behind a jump or behind a corner so you change your lines earlier etc etc etc.
This said i must however admit that i can't play using 3rd person. I have never done it before. I don't play games, i only play sims and sims are ment to be played in 1st person view because irl you also can't see your own bike or car.

The original camera position in 1st person is good, but it can be better. In options screen, change field of view to 110, 1st person height to 0.25 and 1st person angle to 10 and it will be more realistic.
BMseX

Post by BMseX »

I was just riding in first and for some reason i didn't crash as much... but I was probably slower.
"It took Jesus 3 days to respawn, talk about LAG!"
totorox

Post by totorox »

gordy wrote:you can alter the position and angle of the first person camera ingame already
You don't understand what I want. I want a real view, and on a bike you don't look always your gear, you look where you go, far away.
DJ wrote:It is locked to the rider body. We've been through this many times, it is hard to ride when the camera is on the head, because you cant predict what the rider is doing below you, whereis in real life, you dont need to see it because you can feel it.
Go into graphics setup, set 1st person height to max (will be near the head), set desired angle, and try to ride. It will be hard
lol it's my settings ;) Set it to middle for real feeling, real view. And for information, I play in sim mode, no helper, without anti -lock, anti wheeling and without border angle indicators, etc. So how can I do that ? I just remember how it is on a real bike, it's just like that. It's surely because of that I fall a lot but each day I can feel my bike better like this.

Others wishes : - Rear view key
- friction, normaly JLV is working on it. (to feel beter when your gears begin sliding)
- Arcade helper indicator to know who is using it online, there's no sens to race with others players who uses helpers, like thoses who use Arcade. Including some stability settings (I think we can approach arcade playing with some of the secret menu setting)
uriel86

Post by uriel86 »

I m looking for best 1st person camera settings

what you guys think about using 130 field of view to 1st person riding
what angle and height should i use ?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I use 105 FOV
Hieght - 0.38
Angle - 20.0
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I use:
FOV: 110
Height: .44
Angle: 9
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
lukeyp16

Post by lukeyp16 »

i like 1st but ride in 3rd simple for the fact tht i'm used to it and cannot stand tht when i lean back my hands aren't on the handle bars... i know there a model to fix tht but cant find it. could some1 pls link it because this majorly puts me off riding in 1st person :)
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

it changes for me sometimes, one day ill go faster in 3rd. another day ill go faster in 1st hahaha. sometimes 1st is better because you can move your front end more precisley so you dont crash because its easier
to see
danny

Post by danny »

I ride 1st person with 115 fov. works well for me.

Team: xFire mayneeeeeeeee
xFire: rocketmandan946
XBL: fp cycloNe
KLJ#24

Post by KLJ#24 »

I use 1st person view I find it absolutly impossible to use the 3rd person view. Feels much more natural to me.

Fov: 120
Height: 0.66
Angle: 0
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I can't even get up to third gear when I'm in 3rd person. I crash long before then. I've noticed that I have my viewpoint set WAY high compared to what I see in MXS videos.

FOV: 110
Height: 0.75
Angle: 18
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.