Words to live by.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Words to live by.

Post by Phathry25 »

Quoted from the FAQ post.
rewrew421 wrote:Forum Rulers-NOT OFFICIAL
-DONT DOUBLE POST-unless necessary for new information.
-DONT FLOOD THREADS
-DONT CONSTANTLY INSULT
-KEEP IT PG
-ACT TWICE YOUR AGE
-ALWAYS RESPECT JLV
-REMEMBER THIS IS AN INTERNATION FORUM BUT PLEASE SPEACK IN ENGLISH
You guys really have to start thinking that there's more people reading these forums than just the registered members who are active. The cussing has got to go, its just stupid and really serves no purpose. All it accomplishes is making us look stupid as a group. You'll always have people with different opinions who will never agree. I've had several people launch personal attacks on me in multiple topics because I had an opinion different that theirs. Do you think a guy who hasn't done much gaming but is waiting in the wings with something to say is really going to come out and say it if he thinks he is going to get ripped a new one by half of the people on here? I don't, and I wouldn't blame the guy for turning his back on the game before buying it ever crosses his mind. All this childish behavior is just hurting us in the long run. If JLV stops selling copies because we chase every new guy away I'm pretty sure the next step is him giving up on the game.

In all honesty I've noticed the past week that when you release something the ratings and reviews you get are based more on who you are and not the actual quality of the work. I'm pretty sure certain people around here could release a total joke track and still have people give them rave reviews. On the other side of the spectrum I posted a skin with a red bull cola sponsorship on it and had a group of people gang up on me making fun of it because they didn't even know what red bull cola was. When you are going to offer your opinion on something you really have to take into consideration who you are commenting towards. There's guys out there who want it given to them strait and they can take that. Then there's some people who you need to use the compliment sandwich (family guy) on or else they will take offense to your comments. Then there's a few who want to hear nothing but "OMG it totally rocks!" Those are the people I won't bother commenting to. Also if you just want to thank the creator leave a post that simply says "thanks for the hard work." If you want to critique it don't just say "it totally r0x0rz" tell them why you like it, or why you dislike it. I'll be honest I don't know any of you guys, or your opinions. Over the past week I've been getting a good read on who I can be honest with, and who I need to use the compliment sandwich with. It seems I've made a few enemies in the process but my life will go on.

I'll admit I've been a little argumentative in the past week when I was getting ripped on, usually I'd just let it slide and not bother replying. I guess I was just fishing for some support from the guys who share an opinion with me. I'm finally starting to see who thinks this and who thinks that so I'll try going back to my normal ways of not arguing with people looking to pick a fight. I'm not here to make people mad or chase them away. I'm also not going to be chased away. My love for motorcycling runs way too deep for me to give up on this game in its early stages of development.

Another thing that needs work is the organization of this forum. The FAQ needs to be edited desperately, look at all the grammar errors in the current one, plus its outdated. Announcements, and sticky topics should be locked. If a guy wants to know how to add a skin should he really have to read through 5 pages of chit chat in order to find out he needs to name it rmz250-bike.png? This information is practically impossible to find right now on the forums. Updating and organizing these topics would eliminate 3/4 of the people posting asking how to add skins, do this, do that etc... If we want to have a discussion on the latest snapshot then start a topic and as long as the topic is active it will be near the top of the list, and definitely on the first page. The only thing that's really needed in the announcements is the latest build/snapshot. Sticky topics would include FAQ, painting and adding skins, and the repository. Add a FAQ topic to the track editing and tracks forum also, w/ information pertaining to those area of the forum. A skin section in the forum wouldn't hurt also. That way we'd have a place to post all new skin release instead of a single topic. And a place for users to upload their logos for others to use, and discuss skinning techniques.

I started this post complain about all the cursing and childish behavior, I guess I got pretty off topic in the end. If you have something to add, or tell me I'm off base in my comments feel free to add a reply. I won't take offense to it. Calling me names I will though, to an extent, it's just the internet in the end.
Garasaki

Re: Words to live by.

Post by Garasaki »

I agree in that the organization of this forum needs some help. All you guys that have been around for months probably don't see how incredibily challenging it is to find useful information here. One basically has to work backwards on everything.

I would think different forum sections (Bike skins, rider skins, and a repository section come to mind) could be added, and simply keeping FAQ's current and relevant would help tremendously. It seems that up to date, easy to use FAQ's would be a great benefit to the main MX Sim site, but that's just me.

Realistically, however, you will never eliminate the "stupid repeating n00b questions" no matter what you do...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Yeah , i agree but man
Next time make a smaller texs lol I got lazy for read ...
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

y ai think its time to expand the forum a little its just to crowded we need a sub fourm for races, skins. tracks, track editing, Noob room (with all the info a new person would need to get started so we dont get 1000 how to posts) off topic, and general talk

i think its time to expand a little jlv
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

*stands up and claps*
i read the whole thing

oh im sorry did you think i was clapping for you?

just kidding
i honestly do agree with alot of stuff in that we are unorganized and alot of stuff you mentioned i already knew and primarily why i dont get mad a new people cause hell i doubt id look through these 1,000s of post just to find out i needed to save it as mx.exe
search always helps but it cant always provide like you people think it does
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

totally agree phathry i think a lot of points you made are good.

by the way dude sorry for getting pissed i just dont like "complaining" but critisizm (how do u spell this honestly...) is ok i think i just get mad when i see people complaining about other people's work but yet can't contribute themselves (i admit to doing this about when JLV first released the rider model) and i just think that your critisizms were more complaints that trying to help anyway
im sorry
no hard feelings?
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

youve been spelling it right as far as i know
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You make a good point with the FAQ. I shall update it sometime this week. Give me a good reason to roast noobs with it updated anyway :P
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

LMAO :lol:
Please speack english :D
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Rallemx wrote:LMAO :lol:
"speek" for yourself
MXS Cares
Dustin434

Post by Dustin434 »

i wasnt trying to make fun of you in fact i thought that skin looked great i just simply didnt know that there was such thing as redbull cola and thought it was funny i remeber in like 04 there was a coke sponsered nascar race and all the drivers were drinking coke after the race and gordon and a couple of the other guys are sponsered by pepsi

and also sorry about getting mad at you but every thread i went to you had comment about all the bad stuff and none of the good stuff so there was like three what i would have taken as destructive no offense by the way you stated them all within 30 min
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Pumaxcs wrote:
Rallemx wrote:LMAO :lol:
"speek" for yourself
"Speak" for yourself. Pwned!

Besides, he was just quoting what was said in the first post.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

damn someone caught it...
would be you wouldnt wouldnt it?
MXS Cares
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Well written.

I agree completely. Except the swearing part. I type faster than I talk, so it allows me to slow down my typing so my mind can catch up. :D