Feedback from a new user

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
cdquiksilver

Feedback from a new user

Post by cdquiksilver »

Hello All,

first of all - to the creator, well done indeed! it just feels so 'complete' when your riding the bike, no other bike game has been able to get the 'on bike' thing working well. (on road or off road)

I have been playing the game for a good few hours now and I felt like I wanted to give some feedback from a complete new users perspective.

shadows - I noticed quite soon they were missing, I think this is quite important to excentuate the bikes getting air and the suspension working, it gives a measureable distance between bike and floor.

Bike Stability - this is such a massive adjustment to get the 'feel' of the bike, this is very much a personal setting based on skill level I believe, I have slowly been working it down, I am using 82 right now and it feels pretty good.
- I would like to see a 'scale with speed' stability options that works with the main setting, I find 82 a little bit too low when I am setting off or recovering from a mistake, but when I am up to cornering and racing speed, I would like the bike to be a little bit more 'free' to control.

Low speed stability - this is sort of linked to my previous paragraph, I think it should be way more stable at speeds in 1st gear, I would imagine that the rider would be able to foot down and push away when recovering from a crash or a very low speed turn, it seems very easy to loose the front wheel and low side it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to turn it into an arcade game, the players that play with as much realism as possible should be rewarded for doing so, but I think the low speed stability IS to add realism (I believe).

thats all for now, I am off to turn a few more laps and try not to overshoot some jumps and hit the berms right :D
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Feedback from a new user

Post by jlv »

All good points. The low speed stability will addressed to a certain extent in the next prerelease. I'm not sure about adding shadows right now. It's a useful feature for the exact reason you said, but I'd like to get a complete game out before I start adding frills.
cdquiksilver

Re: Feedback from a new user

Post by cdquiksilver »

thanks for the reply, sounds good for the next prerelease.

I completely understand about the shadows, its not something that is noticed while 'on bike' so its just a 'nice' feature, not a must have feature.