Giving this game a shot....

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Giving this game a shot....

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

I am one of the many who get so pissed off at this game after a few laps that I give up. I downloaded the new demo today and I can honestly say I see improvement in my patience from last time I tried it. lol Before I get the full version I want to make sure I am not gonna give up again. What I want to know is some setup tips for a beginner.

I am running pro physics or whatever they are called with stability at 85. I can't seem to keep the bike up-right at all with anything less.
rear brake is normal not anti lock
and everything else is stock

Also I am using an XBOX 360 controller. If anyone uses this, what kind of control setup do you have? I feel like mine is all over the place.

I am running 2.4ghz quad core, Vista Ultimate with an Nvidia 8800 GTS and 4 gigs of ram but the demo lags horribly. I only have 6 riders turned on. I can run COD World at war maxed out. Any suggestions?

These may just be demo issues and the full version is better, IDK.
Garasaki

Re: Giving this game a shot....

Post by Garasaki »

WTF This game is bringing em out of the woodwork now.

Alex how the hell are ya????

Turn your stability to like 45, then change the secret settings (put your curser over the stability slider, press * (shift and 8), and change the bottom slider to about 2). That might help you out.

Setup deadzones on your controller - this requires a edit of your config file (search the forums for instructions).

Those 2 things helped me immensely.

There is a major learning curve to this game. The game gets a lot funner the more you play it (that's the opposite of most games...). You gotta stick with it thru the growing pains...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

For graphics try to update your video drivers..
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Hey Jon!

I'm doing good, how 'bout yourself? I am really wanting to get back into the swing of track making and stuff and this game has definitely sparked my interest.

I changed those settings and I must say, I can tell a difference but I still have a long way to go. I feel like the guy on the 250 2 stroke that has never ridden on a motocross track before. lol :D

I'll give the gfx driver update a shot as well.

Thanks guys. I gotta get the full version before so many things come out for it I get way behind. Or have I already? :roll:
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

One more thing.... What config file are you talking about? Where is it at?
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I'd suggest getting the full game - does the demo even have rider lean?

You can adjust suspension and sprockets with the full version - I geared the bike up so it was so hard to control coming out of corners (or ride with the 125).

Skinning is great for this game, and really easy.

Trackmaking, I'm still trying to catch up to myself...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

c
docs and settings
your name
local settings
application data
mx sim

I think is the path.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Before you buy it make sure you have the grahics drivers sorted out. If you're having graphics driver issues the full version will not fix it.

The game will be a lot easier with a smooth framerate.
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

ok thanks. I'm getting ready to update the driver right now. I guess we'll see what happens.
INVADEtheLINE
Team: Privateer

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

Since you have an NViDIA setup- go to your NViDIA Control Panel (Within your regular CP) and go to the "application Settings" page. Find MX Simulator using "Browse", and then just disable VSync. Worked wonders for me, especially in the game PURE, where I was getting low fps and long load times.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

I use an xbox 360 controller and here are my settings:

Right Analog Stick(Up/Down): Gas / Brake
Left Analog Stck: Turning / Leaning
Right Analog Button: Sit Down
Left Trigger: Clutch
Right Trigger: Front Brake
Left Bumper: Shift Down
Right Bumber: Shift Up
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

idk how u do it like that wake

im running:

360 controller

Left thumb: lean and turn
right thumb up: shift up
A button: sit
X button: shift down
Right trigger: throttle
Left Trigger: brakes (ive got both the front and back mapped to the trigger)
Left bumper: clutch

feels natural to me
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

wow wakestyle... that would confuse the hell outta me. lol

jbob, how is the effect of having both front and rear mapped the same? I would feel you couldn't get brake slides and stuff real well.

I will disable v-sync and give the gfx a shot when I get home. 1 more final exam and I am done til Jan 25! Then I can get the full game and hopefully start making tracks again. :mrgreen:
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah I definately need the brakes separated too. The front brake is awesome at slowing you in the game but I don't like the back brake for that (it seems to make the bike buck sideways).

I do like the back for scrubbing and certain situations where you want to slow but not stop.

I have the left joystick mapped as up = sit/dab, down = lean back, left/right = steering, left should = clutch, right shoulder = front brake (like a real bike), then buttons for gas and back brake (the way I always had em mapped in MvA).

I use auto shifting although I have up/down on the right stick mapped to shifting, and back up also mapped to a button (that is a useful little button sometimes).

I don't use lean forward - I'm not sure that I see it's advantage over sit/dab.
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

i really dont know why i mapped the front and back brake to the same button but it works for me. i have both brakes set on antilock, and to me the back brake really never did much so i just mapped it to the same button as the front. like garasaki said the front brake slows u down really good.

garasaki how do u manage jumping without the lean forward?

i am usually leaning a little bit forward on the face of most jumps and then leaning back as soon as i am leaving the ground. kind of like preload in mva (but in the opposite direction). it helps compress the front suspension and keep the nose up on jumps. On lots of jumps if i dont use this motion i am endoing really bad.