------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DJ99X

------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post by DJ99X »

OK, all that you need to know should be explained here. It will be updated regularly with new information. Don’t go starting a new topic for every new question you have, use the search function (top right of screen), if you still cant find it, come here and ask it (but read this whole post first).
Keep this topic clean from random talk, or face penalties. This is for the benefit of everyone.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Folders/Where To Put Stuff: Program Files (C:\Program Files\MX Simulator). Only put files (like skins and tracks) here if there are multiple users on your computer (or the files mentioned below).
Personal Folder (C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\MX Simulator for XP, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MX Simulator for Vista). Put all files here, like skins and tracks (not files mentioned below). This folder should be in your start menu, else use the ‘command’ shown further below, and save a shortcut.

Latest Snapshot: This is JLV’s latest update to the game. It will always be stickied to the top of ‘General Discussion’. Download it, and put it in the Program files folder. This snapshot should be called mx-datemade.exe. If it does not have .exe on the end, do not worry, but keep it in mind. Now, rename this file to mx (only include .exe if it originally had .exe). You should only have the latest snapshot in this folder. Done

Necessary Files: Make sure these files are in your ‘Program Files’ folder
Zzzz.saf – Comes with game download
Zzzy.saf – Now comes with game download, otherwise - http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... ?f=1&t=772
zzzx.saf - http://mxsimulator.com/zzzx.saf (right click and save as)
Latest snapshot – instructions above

So, after all of the above, your Program Files folder should look like this

And your Personal Folder should look something like this (not exactly)-

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Commands- Should be added to the Target box, in the Shortcut tab, in Properties of the MX Simulator shortcut, like so-
Most commands are pretty self explanatory. These are only ones you need to worry about, other ones are just settings that can be done in game)
--editor
--hidden-pause
--warp
--practice (used for training AI)
--erode # (# up to 1.0)
--roostfrequency # (# up to 128 I think. Stock setting is Max)
--draw-fps # (0 for off, 1 for on)
--draw-time # (0 for off, 1 for on)
--hidden-hud (removes tacho, map and pitboard from display)
--open-home (opens Personal Folder)
--lock-fps # (caps fps at this number, useful when your fps is always changing by more than 30fps, eg. from 80-125fps)

MY SKINS COME OUT SIDEWAYS/GREY: The skin you are trying to use does not fit the model you have. If you are using new skins, you need to download new models, found here: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=7&t=1128

or

http://www.puremxs.com

Tutorial Video's on Basic MXS stuff (by wheels1758)

Watch this first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3lsLScZBY

Then watch this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA3j6PwzHt8

Watch this one last:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2gHRJWQk3E

________________________________________________________________________________________

Setting Up Your Mx Simulator Bike
This section includes the basics behind setting up your bike.

Suspension
What does a damper do? A damper resists change. Plain and simple. In technical terms, a damper is a device that absorbs kinetic energy, and slows it down.

What is compression? This is the act of the suspension moving from any length to a position of smaller length.

What is rebound? This is the act of the suspension moving from any length to a position of larger length.

Thus, a compression damper resists the suspension length getting shorter, and a rebound damper resists the suspension length getting longer.

How does this apply to Mx Simulator?
A higher damper number means MORE damping, so it will resist that action more.
A setting of 0 is minimum damping, meaning there is minimum resistance to that action.
A setting of 100 is maximum damping, meaning there is maximum resistance to that action.

As a general rule:
The compression damping should be higher in the front than the rear.
The rebound damping should be lower in the front than the rear.

Please tell me if you think something should be added, I'll be happy to do it
TerrorTodd

Re: FAQ - Noobs come here!

Post by TerrorTodd »

Sorry to be a noob again, but i just played the game like twenty minutes ago. I recorded a demo for the first time, and then i closed the game. I just got back on and went to play and then the box came up that said MX.exe has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. I deleted the snapshot and downloaded it again, but the same thing happens. I tried playing on different tracks with different riders and bikes, and the same thing happened.
Thanks alot.
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

--warp
what does that do?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

mx4life wrote:--warp
what does that do?
Normally when the game is running faster than real time it will sleep to get back on time. --warp disables that so the game will run faster than real time. It's useful to speed up the AI training.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
O'Brien#178
Team: Privateer

Post by O'Brien#178 »

As a Noob i was wondering the capabilites of this game in mulitplayer form. I understand online gaming is in the process of being developed (can't wait for that!!) in the mean time is there anyway to play against a friend? I.e lan network? If not can i save a ghost and send it to him so he can race my ghost?

Sorry for my stupidity.....i have a hangover! :D lol
Cheers in advance
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

How do I train the AI? Just ride? Can I do that on a track even if I didnt make it? :P
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Rallemx wrote:How do I train the AI? Just ride? Can I do that on a track even if I didnt make it? :P
When you have your timing gates set right just go to Race mode of your track and do at least 2 complete laps on each gate
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Was thinking about updating my system which means I'll probably be moving to Windows Vista (blah, like the move to 4 strokes, it's dreaded but the future)...anyways, any issues with the game on Vista?
nickmx
Team: Privateer

Post by nickmx »

no i never have any problems on vista yet checkz
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

O'Brien#178 wrote:As a Noob i was wondering the capabilites of this game in mulitplayer form. I understand online gaming is in the process of being developed (can't wait for that!!) in the mean time is there anyway to play against a friend? I.e lan network? If not can i save a ghost and send it to him so he can race my ghost?

Sorry for my stupidity.....i have a hangover! :D lol
Cheers in advance
the ghost are you talking about its demosplicing, ride some laps in youre track (with Record Demo: YES) then search in youre personal folder the Default.mxdemo, send it to youre friend, he playback ( race against) and he is going to race with youre ghost, you can race with like 20 riders too, just need someone who splice all the demos, its how we race here.

about the online, as you say its in progress,but i dont know when is releasing well
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

I cant get the --draw-time command to work in game... someone care to elaborate?
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Hey DJ, think it should be --roostfrequency #, not --roost-frequency #.
yzrider42

Post by yzrider42 »

where can i get the track textures and objects i cant find any?
OnEaLrider192

Post by OnEaLrider192 »

i need help...im trying to download new bikes, tracks etc. and im using winrar and 7 zip...its still not working, any advice???
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

If you have winrar properly installed, than this is the easiest way to get things done. Right click the rar'd file and select "extract here". Then just cut and paste the file to the proper folder.