------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Rich_MeaderMX
Team: MeaderMX

Re: ------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post by Rich_MeaderMX »

Just a quick question.

When I purchase the game, and JLV sends the download link, do I then have to download the 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 updates? Or will JLV send me a link to the most up to date version?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but look at my post count and join date, I clearly know nothing!
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Rich_MeaderMX wrote:Just a quick question.

When I purchase the game, and JLV sends the download link, do I then have to download the 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 updates? Or will JLV send me a link to the most up to date version?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but look at my post count and join date, I clearly know nothing!
Haha no prob, :D he will send you the most recent 1.7. Then if you wanted you could update that to the most updated snapshot, which is more of a beta of the 1.8 or next update.
Rich_MeaderMX

Post by Rich_MeaderMX »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:

Haha no prob, :D he will send you the most recent 1.7. Then if you wanted you could update that to the most updated snapshot, which is more of a beta of the 1.8 or next update.
Thank you for your quick response. I'm new to this game and I've just been so shocked at how amazing the mx sim community is. Look forward to racing with you guys in the new year.
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Rich_MeaderMX wrote:
MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:

Thank you for your quick response. I'm new to this game and I've just been so shocked at how amazing the mx sim community is. Look forward to racing with you guys in the new year.
Ofcourse, it is an awesome community. We always get a bit of hate because we will bag on people if they are asking stupid things or if they say it in a wrong manner. Half the questions or suggestions people do are all things that have been asked or suggested before. All it takes is common sense and respect and that is what you will get back.
Rich_MeaderMX

Post by Rich_MeaderMX »

Ofcourse, it is an awesome community. We always get a bit of hate because we will bag on people if they are asking stupid things or if they say it in a wrong manner. Half the questions or suggestions people do are all things that have been asked or suggested before. All it takes is common sense and respect and that is what you will get back.[/quote]

Just subscribed to your youtube channel! it has a lot of helpful stuff on it. Are you going to do more 'simplified' videos?
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Rich_MeaderMX wrote:Ofcourse, it is an awesome community. We always get a bit of hate because we will bag on people if they are asking stupid things or if they say it in a wrong manner. Half the questions or suggestions people do are all things that have been asked or suggested before. All it takes is common sense and respect and that is what you will get back.
Just subscribed to your youtube channel! it has a lot of helpful stuff on it. Are you going to do more 'simplified' videos?[/quote]

I have not in awhile bemuse because I haven't had the drive to. Why do you have a suggestion for my next one?
Rich_MeaderMX

Post by Rich_MeaderMX »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote: have not in awhile bemuse because I haven't had the drive to. Why do you have a suggestion for my next one?
I came across a 'noobs guide to mxs' that poigog did a year ago, which was good for the basics, although there are still a few points left unexplained. I guess a lot of people would like a riding tips video, explaining the learning curve and what a player can do to improve riding ability, but it's up to you. The content that you've already done is awesome and really helpful.
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Rich_MeaderMX wrote:
MX PRODIGY 17 wrote: have not in awhile bemuse because I haven't had the drive to. Why do you have a suggestion for my next one?
I came across a 'noobs guide to mxs' that poigog did a year ago, which was good for the basics, although there are still a few points left unexplained. I guess a lot of people would like a riding tips video, explaining the learning curve and what a player can do to improve riding ability, but it's up to you. The content that you've already done is awesome and really helpful.

Hmmm. I prefer to stick it to one topic instead. I feel like I just go on a rant the whole time I talk :D The first simplified was similar to that and again it had just felt to long and drug out. :D If there was someone that needed one focal question done I could do that.
Rich_MeaderMX

Post by Rich_MeaderMX »

Hmmm. I prefer to stick it to one topic instead. I feel like I just go on a rant the whole time I talk :D The first simplified was similar to that and again it had just felt to long and drug out. :D If there was someone that needed one focal question done I could do that.[/quote]

I'd say that doing a video all about renaming files, and why you need to do it, would be helpful. I certainly don't understand it. I've read a lot of posts on here about renaming bike models so that certain skins work on them. I honestly have know nothing on this topic. Also, defining terms like .jm .png .saf etc
Rich_MeaderMX

Post by Rich_MeaderMX »

Also, you could do a video discussing how the servers work. e.g. how to participate in a race series, how to join races, how to set up your own server?

These are things that I don't understand, and I am sure a lot of new MX sim players don't understand.
justin45
Team: Privateer

Post by justin45 »

just a random question---
if i buy the full version and my computer crashes and i lose the game can i get it back without paying for it on a different computer
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

yes. just use an email you won't forget when purchasing
Donate if you like My Creations
russ190

Post by russ190 »

Been several years since i played but decided to start again. I lost my old computer which had the old skins and tracks on them. Been downloading the skins but cant get them to work. I knew how to place them on my old computer but my new computer is the new windows system and it isnt the same! Can anyone help? Been placing the files into the folder mxsimulator in the program files section. There doesnt seem to be a personal folder area though. any ideas or help is appreciated. Was unable to locate anything in the help section
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

russ190 wrote:Been several years since i played but decided to start again. I lost my old computer which had the old skins and tracks on them. Been downloading the skins but cant get them to work. I knew how to place them on my old computer but my new computer is the new windows system and it isnt the same! Can anyone help? Been placing the files into the folder mxsimulator in the program files section. There doesnt seem to be a personal folder area though. any ideas or help is appreciated. Was unable to locate anything in the help section
What skins are you trying? There are now dedicated skins for the 2013 bikes. Placing skins in the "program files/mx simulator" directory they should work
russ190

Post by russ190 »

like adding new tracks in general. I got the new snap shot to work though. Found the personal folder. It was located on the main windows screen or tiles. Sorry still adjusting to new computer. Put the files into that folder still nothing showing up though.