------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
crfrdr21

Re: FAQ - Noobs come here!

Post by crfrdr21 »

how do i use rider models? i put the model in my personal folder but the old model is still there when i open the game
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Go to bike setup and change your rider gear. It should say ddmx-"gear" for ddmx rider model, or lites-"gear" for showtimes model. Just click until you find the one you want.
crfrdr21

Post by crfrdr21 »

i went through the rider gear but there isnt a ddmx choice.. any other suggestions?
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

When you put the rider model in your personal folder, did you unzip it? Use Winrar or something similar and extract the files. You can download Winrar if you need to, search for it with google.
crfrdr21

Post by crfrdr21 »

Ya I did that, but there still not working. Are the supposed to go in the personal folder or the program files?
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Personal folder
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

did you download the latest snap shot?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I just want to get his straightened out. There are multiple user accounts on my computer, but I am the only one that plays the game. I put all of the tracks, skins and models in the program files folder. Am I doing this the correct way? Everything still shows and works alright in game, but it sounds like I am doing the opposite of what I should.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Joe

Post by Joe »

your suppose to put everything in your personal folder witch can be found at
Start/mxsimulator/personal folder
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I have vista so the path is a little different for the personal folder but I know where it is. What is the difference if I put the files in the program files folder if everything still shows? I don't get why there just isn't one folder for everything. I hate being a noob :(.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Joe

Post by Joe »

honestly i dont know why you are suppose to put them in your personal folder i just did what they said and didnt ask questions lol :P
exmxer
Team: Privateer

Post by exmxer »

yzmxer608 wrote:I have vista so the path is a little different for the personal folder but I know where it is. What is the difference if I put the files in the program files folder if everything still shows? I don't get why there just isn't one folder for everything. I hate being a noob :(.
I have vista to, thats why i can't figure everything out all the time, Your personal folder, goto programs then click mx simulator then personal folder, After i download stuff i extract it to my desktop then copy and paste it to the personal folder.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I didn't create a start menu folder when I installed, so I just made a shortcut to the personal folder (C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\MX Simulator)
crfrdr21

Post by crfrdr21 »

Joe Sawler wrote:did you download the latest snap shot?
Thanks.. that worked.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

haha sorry to be off topic but this thread is definetly a success! i just had to say that lol :lol: