------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
CorpsYZ
Team: CKI daily

Re: ------F.A.Q------ FIRST THREAD YOU SHOULD READ

Post by CorpsYZ »

honestly i have watched youtube and followed the instructions on this forum, But still nothing i have no idea how it works (skins, tracks). i know everyone is going to go balistic and say noob and stuff but honestly the instuctions arnt very clear describing step by step (yes for new ppl). i looked over a few threads and some ppl are really nice and helpful but some just are super mad and angry (chill).

I recommend the Mods make a thread for very easy step by step (for caveman) on how to do everything to setting up the game with skins and tracks and what not. Just be helpful and think there would be alot less of stupid questions if the answers where given (nicely and easy)

I have dl alot of skins, modles, tracks, templates and put everything into the personal folder. i have dl the new 2011-05-24 snapshot and put it into the programe folder renamed mx because it didnt have .exe before hand. Before everyone flips out and gose ballistic this is just someone wanting to play MX simulator and have fun so dont go mental.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

CorpsYZ wrote:honestly i have watched youtube and followed the instructions on this forum, But still nothing i have no idea how it works (skins, tracks). i know everyone is going to go balistic and say noob and stuff but honestly the instuctions arnt very clear describing step by step (yes for new ppl). i looked over a few threads and some ppl are really nice and helpful but some just are super mad and angry (chill).

I recommend the Mods make a thread for very easy step by step (for caveman) on how to do everything to setting up the game with skins and tracks and what not. Just be helpful and think there would be alot less of stupid questions if the answers where given (nicely and easy)

I have dl alot of skins, modles, tracks, templates and put everything into the personal folder. i have dl the new 2011-05-24 snapshot and put it into the programe folder renamed mx because it didnt have .exe before hand. Before everyone flips out and gose ballistic this is just someone wanting to play MX simulator and have fun so dont go mental.
if your having trouble screenshot your personal folder so i and others can see how its laid out and maybe there something you havent done that i /we may notice
8)
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
mackan25
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by mackan25 »

How do you record a demo?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Make sure you have record demo set to yes under the new race menu. Then in the chat in a race type "/namedemo whatever" (without the quotes).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I would like to buy MX Simulator, I've been making some good tracks for MvA lately but it's pretty dead. I want to get into MX SIM (without drama, fighting, or negativity) but what I was wondering is,1. How long does it take to figure out how to play. 2. Can I use a controller or do I need to use a keyboard? 3. Is it worth the cost of $42 bucks or w/e it is. 4. I don't want to make anyone mad but is there a crack where you can get it for free?
Racerx336

Post by Racerx336 »

I have a couple questions for the more experienced guys out there. I just DLed the game last night and am starting to get everything set up. I used to play MCM a bunch back in the day before there were any MX console games so I am familiar with downloading models and skins and tracks. The only thing that is odd to me is the models on here. There are multiple models that I see for riders and bikes and even wheels? What do I actually need to make some of these skins work correctly? There is a 2011 Honda of Troy CRF250 skin on Pure that I really want to run (http://www.puremxs.com/Bikes/BikeViewer.aspx?BikeID=923) but which bike model do I need? Also, what is a good current Rider model that people are making skins for? Thats all I really have as far as questions go. Im looking forward to getting in some practice and banging bars with some of you guys soon!

Thanks - Andrew
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Most people have the rider model with the skin download (in the same file) so you shouldn't have to worry about that too much. The bike uses this model: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... 00#p214800. A lot of the new models are here: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... =7&t=10256.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
fabigarrido

Post by fabigarrido »

hello,
my question is how to record a video within the game to not be onboard and 3 rd person
thanks
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

fabigarrido wrote:hello,
my question is how to record a video within the game to not be onboard and 3 rd person
thanks
Press TAB to get to third person. Use Fraps to record videos.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
mr dillweed

Post by mr dillweed »

Could someone help please? I've just joined the forum, I can't seem to set my avatar :oops: . I've searched for a solution, but nothing came up. Thanks in advance!
Cokeham

Post by Cokeham »

Alright I'm having some problems here. I used to be able to download everything fine, but now, after my PC crashed and I had to re-download the game, I've either forgotten how to do this or I'm doing something wrong. I downloaded the monster cup track, it was in rar form or something, made it into a compressed folder, put it in the game, but it's not showing up? Same goes with some bikes/skins I downloaded, a few were already in compressed folders, so I just did extract all, tried putting them into the target file ["C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator-2\"], but they aren't showing up? Anybody got an idea of what I'm doing wrong?
ZipTye

Post by ZipTye »

i need help downloading snapshot 2011-11-21 for the 450 but every time i click " Windows users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2011-11-21.exe " it says the publisher cannot be verified are you sure you want to run this software. i click run, then a little box comes up saying cant find game data ? help would be very appreciated thanks in advance
Stay Smoooth my friends
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Right click it then click save link as, that will download it. Rename it to mx.exe, then replace the one in your MX Simulator install folder.
beaux

Post by beaux »

Ok can anyone tell me how to get the full version back on my laptop, i was trying to get on the game and it said something, i can't remember and now i lost the full version so i would like to get it back for free can anyone help
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You need to send me an email or private message with the name, address, phone number or email address from the order. The email address in your profile didn't match any orders.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.