How about...

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

How about...

Post by checkerz »

Since the noob bashing is getting a little old to read in every post, and flaming them isn't going to solve the problem because the people doing it are new; why don't we find a solution?

Why not add a "Questions and Suggestions" forum to the list under or above general discussion? This would be an obvious place for the noobs to jump right into and post a thread right away. It will keep them out of the main forum, yet get them their help.

I'm more annoyed with the noob flaming than I am of their new topics... but that's just me.

Now, go ahead, call me a newb and flame me for starting a new thread for this.
wakestyle21

Re: How about...

Post by wakestyle21 »

Capture.PNG
(134.09 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Was speaking of a forum, put under General Discussion, above Tracks, track editing, ect. not a topic. But hey, whatever suits your fancy, continue to flame making this place annoying, push away potential active members, ect. If you want to keep this community small you'll do a nice job.

Flame away...
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

i agree check i dont even read this site much anymore everyone just bitches about noobs like guys grow the hell up seriously this community is just about of bitching whiners ( the majority anyways) so smarten up and change your ways
moorin

Post by moorin »

Joe Sawler wrote:what the hell is with all the noobs joining

use search buddy

im not causing an argument but your a bit hypocritical? i think you best.......
Joe Sawler wrote:smarten up and change your ways
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

The problem is we keep trying to come up with ways to round up the n00bs but they keep outsmarting us.

The thing with n00bs, is there will always be some who post stupid questions in the wrong forum. No, let me rephrase that, they ask good questions that have already been answered 100 times - not stupid questions.

We can't outsmart them. We can't herd them up into on particular spot. We can't stuff them all in a kangaroo's pouch. They sneak out. I think we oughta just learn to deal with it in a positive manner.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

That would work too, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I will just migrate back to my little hole in cyberspace and go about my business peacefully.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Garasaki wrote:The problem is we keep trying to come up with ways to round up the n00bs but they keep outsmarting us.

The thing with n00bs, is there will always be some who post stupid questions in the wrong forum. No, let me rephrase that, they ask good questions that have already been answered 100 times - not stupid questions.

We can't outsmart them. We can't herd them up into on particular spot. We can't stuff them all in a kangaroo's pouch. They sneak out. I think we oughta just learn to deal with it in a positive manner.
Very true, the n :shock: b's will never completely go away. With this game I'm sure many more will be coming actually. The only thing we can do is give them a spot to gather, a n :shock: b room. Until then, one of the moderators on this site needs to make sure that the noob questions gets answered and then the post gets locked. After all, the job of a moderator is to moderate the forums and I haven't seen a whole lot of that going on. The fact that "flaming" as it's called goes on for pages at a time is absurd and topics like that should most definitely get locked to avoid pages and pages of useless nonsense.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The funny thing about the people who are bothered by the newbie posts is that they keep replying to the newbie posts and bumping them back to the top.

It's really simple. If you're feeling helpful, help the newbies. Otherwise, ignore them. Flaming them just keeps them on the front page.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
moorin

Post by moorin »

wow never even thought about that jlv but another thing is themselves bumping a thread but i think id just ignore it anyways
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

You took the words right out of my mouth JLV. Or did you just copy my post I made a week ago? LOL

Good point about bumping topics back ttt. Maybe they'll listen to you, lord knows my words fall on deaf ears. Lets hope they listen to you, I've just about stopped playing MX Sim all together in the past weeks because this forum has gotten so bad. Not the n00b posts, but the n00b flaming is what really lights my fire. To think a week or two ago I was working on updating the skin templates, and putting together a decal pack, and couldn't keep myself away from MXS. Now I haven't played it in a few days, or even thought about working on that other stuff.

DDMX is right though, you'll never be able to get the n00bs to post in a specific n00b forum, that's like the number one defining characteristic of a n00b, posting in the wrong forum, lol. The biggest thing that needs to change is the game of follow the leader that takes place here. Once one dude flames it seems like 4-5 of his buddies (usually the same group) have to add in their two cents. If it makes you feel better about yourselves, just flame me every time I post.
moorin

Post by moorin »

the thing is though and im not flaming you in anyway but this is the internet, there always will and always has being noobs and unless you crack then hard and set them in line with a bit of flaming so they see their noobish ways and resort to the proper use of a keyboard and common sense then this forum is going to become a noob hole, think about it we are playing the worlds best mx game and lil kids like to think they are "twitch" or "bubba" and so want to ride the game, thus the annoying posts. i personally try and ignore them now but its so tempting to write back but its the internet and no one cares it comes full circle.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

moorin wrote:... unless you crack then hard and set them in line with a bit of flaming so they see their noobish ways and resort to the proper use of a keyboard and common sense then this forum is going to become a noob hole,
Uh I would respectfully disagree. Flaming n00bs "solves" the problem of a single n00b. You'll have to flame every n00b that posts here, and there will be hundreds if not thousands.

That certainly is not going to set a positive atmosphere for this forum. There has to be a better way to handle the situation then to resort to insults and swearing at EVERY n00b who posts here.

The way to eliminate n00bs is to educate them - that way they are no longer n00bs.

We need to cuddle the n00bs, not "cuddle" them. :lol:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Garasaki wrote:The way to eliminate n00bs is to educate them - that way they are no longer n00bs.
Werd Nukka!
Last edited by Phathry25 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Garasaki wrote:
moorin wrote:The way to eliminate n00bs is to educate them - that way they are no longer n00bs.
preach it knee grow
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.