New Years No Limits

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
kawi2fiddy
Team: NVMX

New Years No Limits

Post by kawi2fiddy »

Hey. I want to make a NYNL replica just as a novelty because i am aware some people would like it. Some one want to help me out? PM me
[color=#FF0000]jlv[/color] wrote: I definitely plan on improving the rider motion more. It's going to require adding a new joint type to ODE and the math scares me...
DJ99X

Re: New Years No Limits

Post by DJ99X »

What exactly would you be doing? Sitting back and letting someone else do the work? Kidding yourself.

Something like this would mainly be object and texture orientated; no displacement map at all really. I can only assume that you have no idea about modelling or texturing. So basically, you should have asked if someone would make the track for you. At which point, I'd still be flaming you.
kawi2fiddy

Post by kawi2fiddy »

No, I would be doing the work but i would need help with some artwork to make everything go smoother.
[color=#FF0000]jlv[/color] wrote: I definitely plan on improving the rider motion more. It's going to require adding a new joint type to ODE and the math scares me...
socalmx
Team: TEAM DTF #45

Post by socalmx »

What are the plans for this years event?
Lets Go!
Stats: http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/1712/
KTM57 wrote:I'm seriously tired of you guys talking like you know all when you don't know a damn f*cking thing about Whataburger
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

Ronnie Renner (If I remember right) is doing a 400 foot jump directly next to some snowmobile guy who is going to break another record.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
Motofinne #375

Post by Motofinne #375 »

Robbie Maddison and Levi Lavallee will jump like 400ft next each other.
astone977
Team: Privateer

Post by astone977 »

i dont think a 450 in this game can jump 400ft. has anyone attemped a 400ft. jump in game?
kawi2fiddy

Post by kawi2fiddy »

[quote="astone977"]i dont think a 450 in this game can jump 400ft. has anyone attemped a 400ft. jump in game?[/quote450's can infact jump 400 ft. i have jumped it before with a test jump map i built for scaling the ramp and landing and giving them there angle
socalmx
Team: TEAM DTF #45

Post by socalmx »

Motofinne #375 wrote:Robbie Maddison and Levi Lavallee will jump like 400ft next each other.
after i read this topic i went onto sportsnation and Maddo answered one of my questions!

Lets Go!
Stats: http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/1712/
KTM57 wrote:I'm seriously tired of you guys talking like you know all when you don't know a damn f*cking thing about Whataburger
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

astone977 wrote:i dont think a 450 in this game can jump 400ft. has anyone attemped a 400ft. jump in game?
It can with a big enough ramp. I've not done physics, since high school, but I think this is right...

Say the bike maxes out at 109 mph (basing that on the above post), which is 160 feet/second. That means you need 2.5 seconds of air time to go 400 feet (t = d/v). So, if you were doing this as a drop off rather than a jump, you would need a ledge that was 96 feet high (d = .5gt^2). Chop that distance in half since with a ramp you'd be going up for half the time and down for half the time, and you need a jump that sends you 48 feet high.
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

Nikhil wrote:
astone977 wrote:i dont think a 450 in this game can jump 400ft. has anyone attemped a 400ft. jump in game?
It can with a big enough ramp. I've not done physics, since high school, but I think this is right...

Say the bike maxes out at 109 mph (basing that on the above post), which is 160 feet/second. That means you need 2.5 seconds of air time to go 400 feet (t = d/v). So, if you were doing this as a drop off rather than a jump, you would need a ledge that was 96 feet high (d = .5gt^2). Chop that distance in half since with a ramp you'd be going up for half the time and down for half the time, and you need a jump that sends you 48 feet high.
With that amount of speed maybe you don't need to be sent that high, which is freaking crazy and scary as Hell

48ft = 14,7m = 3 stories more or less
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

die996 wrote:
Nikhil wrote:

With that amount of speed maybe you don't need to be sent that high, which is freaking crazy and scary as Hell

48ft = 14,7m = 3 stories more or less
3 stories OVER the landing point, which could be like 4 stories in total
alien10swe
Crushed Dissenter
Team: V-Image

Post by alien10swe »

i can make it if i get some new objects and a little help
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

Latest 2 videos about the event :

kona309

Post by kona309 »

The Maddo video gives a good amount of info. I think somebody could take a decent swing at building the jump, or something very close.
My stats:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3042/
Jones221 wrote:Kona is right.
jlv wrote:If you kids don't knock it off I'm pulling this forum over!