Scrubbing?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
suzuki85

Scrubbing?

Post by suzuki85 »

how to i do a scrub, i have looked over the forum and i cant find any one that has posted how to scrub, can you tell me the technique and settings i need to do
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Scrubbing?

Post by jlv »

It's pretty similar to a whip. The main difference is you want to start your lean lower on the jump.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Lean over sooner, and when you get around the top, flick the bars the other way. The rest is a matter of slowing your momentum (lean forward, lean up), and do it in a fashion that won't overrotate you for the landing. Takes a little practice though.
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

Voutare wrote:Lean over sooner, and when you get around the top, flick the bars the other way. The rest is a matter of slowing your momentum (lean forward, lean up), and do it in a fashion that won't overrotate you for the landing. Takes a little practice though.

a little? haha it takes a hell of alot of practice.

btw jlv i love your sig
WHOA THERE
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Eh. It took me about 15 minutes to learn how to do it, a couple hours until I could ride and do it at the same time.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

These riding Gods get really old really fast. I mean, how on Earth am I supposed to compete with someone who's got a fifteen-minute learning curve on one of the most advanced maneuvers in motorcycle racing? With that said, the best advice surely is to just pratice like mad. Obviously, the professionals don't go straight to full-fledged handlebah-in-die-dirt scrubs, so there's no real imperitive for any of us to try to do so. Everyone has to start small and work their way up, Stephen King had to pass first-grade before he got where he is now.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.