Upcomming Updates

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Upcomming Updates

Post by Phathry25 »

how is this even an argument? We've all been beta testing this game the whole time. wtf do you think a snapshot is? its a public beta for those of you who can't figure it out. STFU already and wait for the damn snapshot.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Wheres the intelligence in this place
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

_Factory'BR21_ wrote:Glad to hear , i just heared that you were trying put MXS online mode for works perfectly , without any bug
I know that on a lot of games guys are riding in a place but the another guy see him in another place , like sometimes they guy do a ''blockpass'' on another player but this player didnt see that , he was behind him or something , you know what i mean? I know that happends because of our ping I'd know about that , if you worked on something to make it smaller ( bugs)
I've tried to limit that by extrapolating the bike's position based on its last velocity. In other words, when the client only knows where the other bike was .25 seconds ago (i.e. 250ms ping), it will predict the bike traveled ahead by its velocity * .25 and update its position accordingly. How well it works depends on how close the predicted position is to the actual position. As long as the bike is traveling in a fairly straight line the two positions will be very close.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

seems like is going better than mva LAN =] cause mva have that bug, would be amazing if you done correctly JLV, dont rush ;)
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

DankeKTM21 wrote:seems like is going better than mva LAN =] cause mva have that bug, would be amazing if you done correctly JLV, dont rush ;)
dude , thats not only on lan at MVA , most of games have this problem in any mod....
And JLV , so its gonna fix this problem of high ping ? Sounds good man :D
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

No it doesn't fix high pings. It just guesses where the bike will be until it gets an update from your computer. So if you're ping is still 500ms, 1/2 of a second, your bikes path will only get updated every 1/2 second. The game will just fill in the blank in the mean time, meaning your bike will be just continue in a straight line at the same speed until the server gets an update telling it what direction and how fast you are going. So people with high pings will still have problems, and cause problems.
DJD

Post by DJD »

I cant wait for the beta........gonna be sick!!!!
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Phathry25 wrote:No it doesn't fix high pings. It just guesses where the bike will be until it gets an update from your computer. So if you're ping is still 500ms, 1/2 of a second, your bikes path will only get updated every 1/2 second. The game will just fill in the blank in the mean time, meaning your bike will be just continue in a straight line at the same speed until the server gets an update telling it what direction and how fast you are going. So people with high pings will still have problems, and cause problems.
exactly..... if anyone here has played Live For Speed, this is exactly how the multiplayer in that game works.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

sorry , i didnt see it i'm dont speak engishs :( I think i understood better now
Anyway it looking really good , holy yes can't wait for play with my buddies onnline :D and about high pings its gonna be pretty hard play with guys from europe or asia because its to far...
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.