NEW AND NEED SOME HELP

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
CBM RACING
Team: CBM Racing

NEW AND NEED SOME HELP

Post by CBM RACING »

Hey guys. I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit. I have tried probably 6 different setups I have found on here and I am still having major issues. I can't even touch a SX track I just go in slow circles trying to get straight. Outdoors I am ok at but I am always sliding out or swapping when I get on the brakes or gas hard for corners. As for the whoops I cant even roll through them and if I land a little flat or a bit sideways I am on the ground. I don't understand after watching the videos you guys are all over the place and are fine. That lean indicator how does it work when its in the red what does it mean. When its red am I supposed to be off the gas or turn the opposite way I don't know Basically I am asking for a good setup for a newer rider. I would imagine that as you drop your stability you adjust your bike settings. I am at 70 stability on a good day. The only way I can keep the bike out of the red and on two wheels is to putt around the track. I don't really understand what the advanced bike controls mean. So if you have advice besides put in the time I know that already but like a good setup or what am I doing wrong in the corners. Anyway if anyone would be interested in helping me either pm me or post something here. But I have been beating my head in with my PS3 controller all week. I want to keep playing and get good but I am just getting frustrated. Thanks for any help guys I am sure your sick of new guys always asking so sorry for that.
FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Re: NEW AND NEED SOME HELP

Post by FelipeMX »

do not pay attention to the lean indicator, as soon as you get better it will be always blinking on red, so just try to read some tutorials regarding on how to tune your suspension. Going on full throtltle is not a good idea, remember, it is much different than all of those mx games around the internet. Try to use both of the analog sticks taking easy on your moves and for some whoops sessions do not hold your bike wide open, half throttle with some manual gear should be enough... take your time and keep praticing, it will take some time, but suddenly you will be ridding smooth hopefully
Finesse Supersports
CBM RACING

Post by CBM RACING »

Ya that indicator is always red. I got the suspension setup down but the advanced it what I am struggling with. I am guessing when your stability comes down it works better. Its more that I am having problems with flow. I use a PS3 controller and I was suggested to use one analog stick as throttle forward and back as brake. Is that what you were talking about with analog sticks. I am not concerned with big whips I just want to be able to flow though the turns like I do on a real bike. I am trying to turn the stability down 1 point for every hour of play but I spend so much time tinkering with that advanced stability. I have tried some of the faster guys setups and I can't figure out how they do it. I guess its like everything else you got to put in the work. Thanks for the advice it's nice to have someone give some advice because I heard the faster people on the forums don't like helping new guys. So I appreciate it.
Dank_Vapours

Post by Dank_Vapours »

Just for reference, this is what I run:

leveling=20.000000
roll_damping=50.000000
roll_limit_angle=180.000000
roll_limit_factor=0.000000
steering_damping=30.000000
steering_strength=100.000000
max_steering_force=1000.000000
direct_steering=1.000000
slow_damping_speed=15.000000
slow_damping_factor=4.000000
land_damping_falloff=0.093750
land_damping_factor=1.375000

"the only disadvantage on a two stroke would be between the seat and handlebars. the rider...

that usually is the case."
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

CBM RACING wrote:Ya that indicator is always red. I got the suspension setup down but the advanced it what I am struggling with. I am guessing when your stability comes down it works better. Its more that I am having problems with flow. I use a PS3 controller and I was suggested to use one analog stick as throttle forward and back as brake. Is that what you were talking about with analog sticks. I am not concerned with big whips I just want to be able to flow though the turns like I do on a real bike. I am trying to turn the stability down 1 point for every hour of play but I spend so much time tinkering with that advanced stability. I have tried some of the faster guys setups and I can't figure out how they do it. I guess its like everything else you got to put in the work. Thanks for the advice it's nice to have someone give some advice because I heard the faster people on the forums don't like helping new guys. So I appreciate it.
I know there are people who use the analog stick for gas and brake, but that is pretty hard to get used to (for me at least). If you feel like you have no control over the throttle try putting the gas on the right trigger (I think it's used for shooting in CoD) and brake on the left trigger (Aim down sights? Also known as L2 if I remember right).

Tbh, I've went back to stock stability a few times and I find it handles extremely weird. I'd set it low, like twenty or so, and then start messing with your advanced settings. Just remember every time you move the basic stability slider you reset all the advanced options.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
CBM RACING

Post by CBM RACING »

I did have it on the trigger but on the PS3 controller it doesn't have a ton of control it has a shorter distance. Plus I end up grabbing it. The stick has a lot more travel distance forward. Plus then you can put your brakes as the down setting on the stick to so your off the gas when you brake. Poidog808 showed it to me. Its different but it works good when you get used to it.
CBM RACING

Post by CBM RACING »

CBM RACING wrote:I did have it on the trigger but on the PS3 controller it doesn't have a ton of control it has a shorter distance. Plus I end up grabbing it. The stick has a lot more travel distance forward. Plus then you can put your brakes as the down setting on the stick to so your off the gas when you brake. Poidog808 showed it to me. Its different but it works good when you get used to it.
Oh I forgot to mention I got my stability way down to 16-20. i got a great tip to start at 0 stability and just try to roll around the tracks and once I got that down up it to around 20. It was a much faster learning experience then trying to start at 90 and work down I can do fine on the stock tracks but I keep washing the front end out and I dont seem to have the control over the bike in the air that I should. I can't seem to get the whole package complete with my setup. If it turns good it sucks in the air and landings and same the other way. Does the suspension have anything to do with traction like in real life? Any suggestions of what to tinker with would help.
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

Practice will help the most. There's no magical settings that work good all the time.
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
CBM RACING

Post by CBM RACING »

Ya I know that but there are good ones that allow you to progress and bad ones that keep you stuck in the same spot! I am at the point where the stock settings just are not cutting it anymore but I dont understand the way JLV has the bike physics setup. I have read the descriptions but it doesn't make sense. The suspension ya I understand all of that. I just don't know if JLV has it setup where the suspension helps with turning and traction. I would assume so but I don't know and I have nothing to base it off of. I understand each setup just like real life is catered to the rider and the track so your right when you say there is no magical setup for everything but there must be a good reference point and then tweak from there. I have tried other peoples setups and some feel ok and others feel bad but to the rider I got them from it works for them. I guess i need a better understanding about how the setup works what each thing does and how one effects the other. For instance I have no clue what the hell the roll limit factor does. I have read what it does but I don't understand it.
Berdasgatas
Team: Privateer

Post by Berdasgatas »

Yeah guy, you're not alone, I have the same problem as you do, my biggest problem is the front wheel that keeps pushing foward and makes me crash all the time in supercross! But I can't give up trying
CBM RACING

Post by CBM RACING »

yup the damn thing just washes out I tried to change the suspension like you would in real life if that was happening but it didn't help
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

It's actually pretty simple. Roll damping = resistance to the bike leaning over. Specifically, leaning over. Not turning, only leaning. Leveling = how much the bike wants to return to an upright position. Steering damping = how much the bike wants resist turning the front wheel. If you were to turn this way down and turn roll damping way up, you would ride around like a new rider, turning at large angles without the bike leaning at all. The ratio of turning/leaning are what I think is the most important in advanced stability. I'm not sure about the steering strength/forces, I just put those up close to the max values. I'm assuming it's how much force will be applied to the bars to get them where you want them, meaning if you have a low force, the ground will control the bars more than you, riding like a very tired rider. I saw a good explanation of direct steering on the forums one day but I can't remember where it was or what it said. I think most people leave this at one or very close.

Roll limit angle = the angle of bike/rider, relative to the ground, where the bike will stop leaning over. This is mostly used to you can rail flat turns while leaned over as far as the bike can go while staying balanced. If the bike leaned over any farther, under most circumstances, the bike would fall, so the limit angle is there to stop you from doing that. The angle is what angle it will stop at. The roll limit factor is how much it multiplies your roll limit by when it hits that angle. I would assume something like 50 would basically completely stop the bike when you hit that angle. Something lower would let you push past it if you felt comfortable. Myself, I use 0 limit angle. I got tired of it limiting me and for some reason I felt like it was holding me back so one day I set it to 0 and rode as normal.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

hate to keep spamming links..

but this will help you guys out (I know CBM has seen it already)
http://www.mxsimpits.com/bike-settings-explained/
CBM RACING

Post by CBM RACING »

ya check it out it is a big help. plus the site is amazing!!! I like the community over there better then here. I will probably get hated on for that comment but the guys are all real helpful there.